NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Old 02-07-14, 01:56 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
2006 was on MC like Camry? Still, many sources say new one is too... i guess K is variation of MC?

http://wardsauto.com/vehicle-test-dr...-luxury-factor
Ward's is wrong. K is not a variation of MC. Separate platforms.
Old 02-07-14, 03:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Hopefully this drives more like the IS/GS than the RX which is more ES. That would be really compelling in a segment of zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Really excited for it!

Mike
Mind this is coming off the Rav4 chassis so the NX will have to be an AWD model for an engaging to drive, because like the FWD RX and ES it'll have loads of torque steer otherwise. The RX350 (450h does not) has an AWD lock too that can be used under 40mph, I'd assume the NX will offer one too. Overall the NX should be sporty but I don't know how well vs the Q5 which will no doubt have the more advanced AWD system, and the X3 which has great performance for it's category. Either way, excited for the NX and MKC entries into this segment
Old 02-07-14, 06:38 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hoovey, how about Q30. I cant believe that Nissan has no further news on it. It look very very awesome
Old 02-07-14, 08:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Whitigir
Hoovey, how about Q30. I cant believe that Nissan has no further news on it. It look very very awesome
Last I read its going to be redesigned and not look like the concept. Won't matter they will sell 12..
Old 02-08-14, 12:19 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Whitigir
Love that concept. It has so much potential but I doubt any of what I envision for it will actually come to fruition
Old 02-10-14, 10:22 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus NX 4x4 is shaping up to battle Audi Q5

Exclusive first picture of the new Lexus NX SUV, a £30k crossover on sale in October 2014

Lexus has revealed that its new NX crossover will arrive in the UK in October, and prices are expected to start at around £30,000 – putting it in close contention with its Audi Q5 and BMW X3 rivals. But the NX will certainly stand out with its looks and its powertrain.

The company gave us an idea of what to expect from the newcomer with the striking, angular LF-NX concept at September’s Frankfurt Motor Show. Every element of the design caused a stir, from the giant spindle grille and split headlights up front to the muscular flanks and deep slashes running down from the tail-lamps at the rear.

Our exclusive image shows how the final production model will embrace the concept’s controversial look. And while the styling won’t be to everyone’s taste, it’s further proof of Lexus’ sharp design language, first seen on the latest IS.

The oversized spindle grille remains, ensuring that the car is still instantly recognisable as part of the Lexus family. But the lights have been toned down, and now resemble those of the new Jeep Cherokee. The flared wheelarches and rippled bodywork along each flank remain, although the production NX’s wheelbase is a little longer than the concept’s to ensure there’s plenty of space for occupants, front and rear.

The interior is expected to mirror that of the IS – itself a big step forward in quality from the brand’s previous offerings. Expect the NX to feature the improved joystick control for the infotainment system from the compact exec, as well as its touch-sensitive heater controls and TFT dials.

Under the bonnet, Lexus will stick with its usual combination of petrol and petrol-electric drivetrains – there will be no diesel. So sales will kick off with the NX 300h, which will use the 2.5-litre four-cylinder 178bhp hybrid drivetrain from the IS. But while the petrol-electric compact exec is rear-wheel-drive, the NX will use the petrol engine to drive the front wheels and the electric motor to power the rears.

A sporty front-wheel-drive NX200t F Sport is likely to join the range later. This will be powered by an all-new 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine, which is a replacement for Lexus’ ageing 205bhp 2.5-litre V6, and will be used in the IS line-up, too.

It produces around 240bhp, and promises a significant improvement in emissions and fuel efficiency as well.

Our exclusive image of the NX is based on this screen grab, taken from a video shown in a presentation by Jim Lentz – CEO of Toyota North America. Lentz was talking about the future of the car industry at the opening of the Detroit Motor Show in January. And while he referred to the car as the LF-NX concept, an inside source confirmed this is the production model, and that the image was shown in error.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lexus/n...battle-audi-q5
Old 02-10-14, 10:59 AM
Hoovey689

Cool render
Old 02-10-14, 11:44 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like that render too. I bet that's 90% of hat the final will look like.
Old 02-10-14, 12:11 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I like that render too. I bet that's 90% of hat the final will look like.
Won't have those 6 lug wheels though, that's for sure!
Old 02-10-14, 12:18 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Nope, for scale, I think those would equate to being ~25"
Old 02-10-14, 03:19 PM
Aptosuser
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the current pound/dollar exchange rate, sticker for the hybrid version would be $49,250. As for power, the Brits refer to "BHP" as opposed to "HP." I had to look it up. I'm no engineer, but as I understand it now, difference between them is that HP refers to an engine's output after all the other stuff it runs besides the axles is figured in while BHP measures the engine's power with nothing else attached to it. So if Lexus brings the same hybrid power plant to the U.S. that it's reportedly bringing out in Britain, the 178-bhp LF-NX will be more than 22 horses short of a 200-hp 2012-or-later Toyota Camry hybrid. Unless they're making it a lot lighter, it doesn't sound like it will appeal much to the rocket enthusiasts among us.
Old 02-10-14, 03:40 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Aptosuser
At the current pound/dollar exchange rate, sticker for the hybrid version would be $49,250. As for power, the Brits refer to "BHP" as opposed to "HP." I had to look it up. I'm no engineer, but as I understand it now, difference between them is that HP refers to an engine's output after all the other stuff it runs besides the axles is figured in while BHP measures the engine's power with nothing else attached to it. So if Lexus brings the same hybrid power plant to the U.S. that it's reportedly bringing out in Britain, the 178-bhp LF-NX will be more than 22 horses short of a 200-hp 2012-or-later Toyota Camry hybrid. Unless they're making it a lot lighter, it doesn't sound like it will appeal much to the rocket enthusiasts among us.
You cant convert $ like that, it doesnt convert... as to HP, they are talking about petrol engine, total power of IS300h is 223hp... BUT, will NX get 223hp or 200hp version from Camry? We dont know that yet.
Old 02-10-14, 04:40 PM
Aptosuser
Driver

I'm not understanding why the pound/dollar conversion won't work. One pound is $1.64 at today's exchange rate. So it seemed to me that a straight-across comparison would mean that 30,000 pounds would equal $49,200. As for power plant, I'd read earlier that Lexus would drop the 200hp TCH drive train into the hybrid NX crossover -- that's the same one that's in the ES hybrid sedan, which would make sense for the U.S. market.

But re. the British market, this is what the article in a previous post said: "sales will kick off with the NX 300h, which will use the 2.5-litre four-cylinder 178bhp hybrid drivetrain from the IS." I don't know what IS hybrid they're talking about because there is no IS hybrid sedan here.
Old 02-10-14, 07:02 PM
dgsvt
Driver

I like it, but the power is a little disappointing and the price at 45-50k seems high compared to the Evoque, x3 and q5. The rx is 50k with navigation. This NX better have top quality materials everywhere and feel special or else it's going to be hard to sell at 50k.
Old 02-10-14, 07:14 PM
LexFather

And again internally it's aimed at the RR Evoque, an awesome, stylish SUV. The NX is in that direction more than a x3, q5 etc. Yes the same class but the NX will be about style.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread