Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

2nd annual norcal meet: post meet thoughts!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-03, 04:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default 2nd annual norcal meet: post meet thoughts!!!!

finally, after 3 weeks of hardcore planning, the meet happened today at the service center of lexus of stevens creek in san jose, ca.

imho, only one word can describe the event: fantastic. everyone had a very good time and the whole event from 10-3 was beyond perfect!

i want to take the chance to thank the rest of the committee (glen, chris l, chris w, chris n, rolando, solo, jonathan), you guys are awesome, specially glen who spent so much time on the event. without the help from everyone the meet wouldn't have been half as good.

we had OVER 80 cars presented at the meet!!!!!!!!!!! i did a rough estimate, there were more than 40 IS, 10 SC, and a bit over 20 GS. we also got some LS, RX, and SC430 presenting, it was awessome.

the raffle was awesome (except damnit i didn't win anything!), we gave out over $4000 worth of raffle items this year, great props to lexus of stevens creek, TM engineering, daizen, roxio, PLP, exact motorsport, custom alignment, 818 motoring, mitcom, lemans go cart, alumapro, ads mobile, clublexus, and is300.net (please fill in if i missed any). i didn't do the full math, but i believe the chances of winning was very close to 50%!!!!

and the exhaust competition was awesome too! i think someone is going to process the detail and post up the result. i forgot who won (which exhaust) -- and of course damnit i lost again! argh!

but either way it's been an awesome meet. nice weather, nice food, nice place, nice people, nice cars, what else can you complain about!
Old 09-21-03, 06:02 PM
BayGS2200
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and i'll be the first to thank you all for putting this together.
great event.......well organised, great items on raffle and it was nice to finally see fellow cl folks and their
rides. it was like being a kid in a candy store with all the nice cars.........dang near sensory overload.
the cars that stood out.............. lxo's GS(clean ride and a pimp system........you are a brave man driving from L.A. with that drop) , phil's IS (another pimp status system and the autocross IS's flares ain't got nothing on your ride), solo's IS (really well executed.....impressive) , RMM's GS , and too many more i can't name right now. those of you that couldn't make it ya'll really missed out on something good.
thanx again to the organisers for putting this together and thanx to fellow members for showing up.
and oh yeah please people start posting pictures now.
thanx
sean
Old 09-21-03, 06:09 PM
scottschoe
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are a few pix on is300.net

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...566&highlight=

the meet was very fun and well-planned.....good facility to have the meet at. raffle prizes were great and it was a nice way to spend the day

i can't believe i left my camera at home

Last edited by scottschoe; 09-21-03 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-21-03, 07:03 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Originally posted by scottschoe
there are a few pix on is300.net

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...566&highlight=

the meet was very fun and well-planned.....good facility to have the meet at. raffle prizes were great and it was a nice way to spend the day

i can't believe i left my camera at home
Yeah, and I can't believe I didn't take more pics!

Too distracted by the sensory overload

-J (blue_j on IS300.net)
Old 09-21-03, 07:48 PM
spectrabluelexi

First off, many, many thanks to the organizers of the event. I know it took a lot of hard work and effort to make the event a successful one. Being this was my first meet, it was great to finally see and meet the persons behind the screen names. At the same time, it was awesome seeing all the different cars and mods that were done. Pictures are great, but it is totally different when you see the actual cars and the hard work put into them to make them look great. Each and every one reflects the personality of its individual owner.

Looking forward to the next one. It was a class event and was thoroughly enjoyed by this individual. Thanks to all of those that made this event possible and to all who attended. It inspires me to make my car better.
Old 09-21-03, 08:56 PM
firestorm
Driver School Candidate

Default my pics

First of all, thanks to Glen et all for all the hard work in putting this event together. The sponsors too deserve mention, you know who you are! Here's my pics from today:

http://altezza.smugmug.com/gallery/25323
Old 09-21-03, 09:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Re: my pics

Originally posted by firestorm
First of all, thanks to Glen et all for all the hard work in putting this event together. The sponsors too deserve mention, you know who you are! Here's my pics from today:

http://altezza.smugmug.com/gallery/25323
awesome dude, i love the first pic and here's my gallery of pics i took today too. i dumped everything there

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...hp?ppuser=7957

it was a sweet turnout, and i can't complain for being in the center stage
Old 09-21-03, 09:45 PM
xerox
Rookie

im soo tired.. long *** drive but im home and im gonna crash, good night all!
Old 09-21-03, 10:22 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you to all the organizers of this event, many of which I'm not aware of, but one guy in particular that I know of who took major strides to make this work out as smoothly as it did, thanks Glen! You guys are awesome, it is safe to say that this meet was better than Carson 2003 AND Carson 2002. The venue was perfect, I could not have picked a better place myself, the food was delicious and plentiful, lots of parking, lots of space, lots of a/c and shade, and very friendly people at Steven's Creek. The cars were very slick and the turn-out was amazing. Everything from the contests to the prize categories were well thought out, and the sponsors and vendors were very generous for their contributions.The "BALDHEAD"s have really turned Northern California Lexus enthusiasm and camaderie from non-existant to huge and growing by the meet. Thanks also to the Socal crew for showing up and making it that much better! See you all next time out!

By the way, do we have a dedicated section up in the CL Gallery yet? I really want to check out all the pics.
Old 09-21-03, 11:15 PM
SC400_408
Lead Lap

First off I would like to thank all the staff for setting up a tight a$$ meet up. Today was a great day! I met a lot of ppl from all around. There were like 90 cars there, and all of them were hella tight. I have to say Glen and his fellow team member did a very good job setting this event up. The location was perfect, since I only lived like 5 min. away. All the cars at the meet were flawless. It really shows what a Lexus owner can do to their car. Some of the ppl that I met were very kool, (Glen, Phil, Solo, and many more.) This was the first meet up I have ever went too, and I have to say where is next meet up for next year. Overall this event was BAD ***! Thanks Glen for letting me join the exhaust competition. Hope to see everyone at the next Nor. Cal meet up!

Last edited by SC400_408; 09-21-03 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-21-03, 11:30 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Total Success! It was great seeing everyone today - that was one fun meet!!
Old 09-22-03, 12:47 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

The drive was definitely worth it. Even despite the fact of the 2 battle scars (on the hood of my brand new Longo Lexus purchased 04 MSM JCE10) w/now 1200+ miles in just 3 days of ownership!

Great job guys. I'm ready to go back for v.3.0!

Last edited by flipside909; 09-22-03 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-22-03, 01:25 AM
silveraltezza
Driver

I agreed it was definitely worth the long drive . It was great to meet so many great people - to finally put screen names with actual faces. And to the organizers who put one hell of a meet - great people and perfect venue.

Can't wait for the next one

My Norcal Meet Pictures

Last edited by silveraltezza; 09-22-03 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-22-03, 02:29 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The meet was great. Everything happened without any major issues. The sponsors were great having donated all the items. Location was ideal, the host, Stevens Creek, was incredibly accomodating. Ultimately though, a meet is about the people coming out to meet each other and sharing similar interests. A highlight for me was seeing everyone come out having a good time with the cars and the company.

As much as I really enjoyed seeing the cars, the people, and conversations, I think getting the meet together was just as fun. It was work but kudos to a great group of dedicated people (you know who you are). I'd also like to thank all the significant others who put up with us as we work towards setting up the meet. It is nice to know that because of the comraderie, I have friends on the forum instead of just fellow club members.
Old 09-22-03, 03:56 AM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, we all really know why you think the meet was great...you raffle ringer you

JK

Great turnout, great organization, great cars! Hats off to all y'all that ran this...let's do it again next year.

Let's turn off the hot air outside next time though!

Originally posted by Neo
The meet was great. Everything happened without any major issues. The sponsors were great having donated all the items. Location was ideal, the host, Stevens Creek, was incredibly accomodating. Ultimately though, a meet is about the people coming out to meet each other and sharing similar interests. A highlight for me was seeing everyone come out having a good time with the cars and the company.

As much as I really enjoyed seeing the cars, the people, and conversations, I think getting the meet together was just as fun. It was work but kudos to a great group of dedicated people (you know who you are). I'd also like to thank all the significant others who put up with us as we work towards setting up the meet. It is nice to know that because of the comraderie, I have friends on the forum instead of just fellow club members.

Quick Reply: 2nd annual norcal meet: post meet thoughts!!!!