Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Get added to the 2016: NorCal Meet / Event Notification

Old 07-27-16, 06:45 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
So at the core of the entire thing is Clublexus. I like the idea of FB events but you'll need someone to manage that. Also not everyone has FB. What everyone does have in common is Clublexus and that all of the previous events were organized through this forum. Yes we all do not check here often. What i don't want to happen is getting way too many text messages. Or it being setup in a way that people can reply to it. That would just kill it for me. So here's my suggestion. Continue to create events on Clublexus. But with that create a social media flyer for Instagram and Facebook that can be posted. I think the core people to the community could post it. We are all connected through someone. Then have it direct you back to Clublexus forum. When events are made on FB sometimes you have multiple events created for the same event so sometimes it gets messy. People are hungry for events. Random meets, thrown by people who we have no idea who they are, are getting major traffic. It's because people are itching to do something in Norcal. This is the same model the major car shows use. They have an independent webpage for registration and information but use social media to drive traffic to that webpage. We already have the webpage...just need to drive the traffic back to it.

Elvin, you are spot on with your observations and this is why I stepped back in to help with this course correction.

We can chat your input on the phone, but I will highlight here some of the key points:

- The automated event notification system will send texts to everyone individually
- This is not a group text. You cannot reply all
- You have the option to un-subscribe at any time
- We will ONLY send one notification per event
- We will notify people of an event typically 4-6 weeks in advance
- This system will be used primarily for key events
- We expect on average 5-8 text messages for the entire year
- All notifications will point you to the ClubLexus NorCal forum for event info
- All registration and updates will be on the forum
- Some people will use FB, some won't. We know that. It will be supplemental to use FB as a notification tool, especially for those that only check FB but we will always re-direct people to the forum.
- There are people who are not checking NorCal forum or are not registered on CL at all. If they get on text notification it won't matter.
- This text notification system is simply a tool to get all people focused on the forum as the primary form of event communication and possibly stimulating the sense of community we once had.
- We will continue to leverage all other social media as an extension of disseminating information.

Thanks for your input. We know that You veterans are dedicated and come out regardless of how the event announcements were disseminated in the past. As for the newer members or those that chime in to complain, make excuses, missed all the EOS events, but still want to come out, this notification system is for them.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-27-16 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-28-16, 01:33 AM
djsn1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We definitely need a nor cal meet.. I met one person from fb forums about a year ago.. Hopefully there will be a nor cal or small Sacramento meet with fellow Lexus owners.. I subscribed
Old 07-28-16, 01:43 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by djsn1
We definitely need a nor cal meet.. I met one person from fb forums about a year ago.. Hopefully there will be a nor cal or small Sacramento meet with fellow Lexus owners.. I subscribed
There is a mini meet planned soon and then a larger scale meet before the end of summer.

We have a decent contingency in the SAC area. The large scale meet will be centralized so that SAC and BAY can get together.

Stay Tuned

Old 07-28-16, 02:13 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
So at the core of the entire thing is Clublexus. I like the idea of FB events but you'll need someone to manage that. Also not everyone has FB. What everyone does have in common is Clublexus and that all of the previous events were organized through this forum. Yes we all do not check here often. What i don't want to happen is getting way too many text messages. Or it being setup in a way that people can reply to it. That would just kill it for me. So here's my suggestion. Continue to create events on Clublexus. But with that create a social media flyer for Instagram and Facebook that can be posted. I think the core people to the community could post it. We are all connected through someone. Then have it direct you back to Clublexus forum. When events are made on FB sometimes you have multiple events created for the same event so sometimes it gets messy. People are hungry for events. Random meets, thrown by people who we have no idea who they are, are getting major traffic. It's because people are itching to do something in Norcal. This is the same model the major car shows use. They have an independent webpage for registration and information but use social media to drive traffic to that webpage. We already have the webpage...just need to drive the traffic back to it.

Just to add to what Glen said, thats exactly what the point off all this is. To drive traffic back here. The Facebook fan page/text system are all one way notifications that make sure people know to check the forums! They will all include the thread link.

When I created the Facebook fan page a while ago, the whole point was to do just that. There is a reason I post only clublexus links on there

Old 07-30-16, 05:58 PM
RMMGS4

Over 100 people have registered for our automated Event notification system.

Dont miss out on events because you didn't check it in time or didn't have advanced notice.
No need to keep checking Facebook groups or Forum announcements.

- The system will text message you 3-5 weeks in advance of an event.
- It is not a group text. It is for text notification ONLY. There is no "reply all" capability
- You will be messaged ONCE ONLY for each event. No further reminders or continuous spam.
- We are limiting txt messages to no more than one a month
- You can un-subscribe to the notification at any time.

see the first post on how to register.
Old 08-11-16, 06:41 AM
RMMGS4

109 people signed up so far.

please check to confirm your name is listed on the first post.
Old 08-26-16, 10:15 AM
RMMGS4

Don't miss out on future announcements!

We will give you advance notice through a private text.

No spam and you can un-subscribe at any time.

124 registered so far !

Old 09-01-16, 12:55 PM
markjustus
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is dope! hopefully this year I'll finally meet some of norcals finest
Old 09-02-16, 01:32 PM
RMMGS4

Take a look at the Finesse Showcase thread. That is just a taste of what is showing. There are many more cars than I have the ability to post.
Old 09-12-16, 09:36 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

I've been a CL member for years. Discovered this chapter only because I was checking out the big event coming up in Pleasanton this month. It would be great to have some local meetings. Just signed up for the alerts. I live in Davis and have an '04 LS430 ML
Old 09-12-16, 11:34 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
I've been a CL member for years. Discovered this chapter only because I was checking out the big event coming up in Pleasanton this month. It would be great to have some local meetings. Just signed up for the alerts. I live in Davis and have an '04 LS430 ML
Wow!

We have easily had 30 meets since you've become a member. Atleast 10 of those meets were of 150 cars on average of which we had 3 events of this level in SAC.

Old 09-19-16, 12:11 AM
RMMGS4

Did you miss Finesse?

Get informed of future events automatically !

See post #1
Old 09-19-16, 02:06 PM
lexury530
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
I'm just down the road in Winters! I have two LS400's
Old 09-19-16, 02:58 PM
RMMGS4

Discussions have started on SAC area events.

M everybody needs a few weeks to recover and plan the next event.

Stay Tuned
Old 10-12-16, 09:00 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as I don't get shunned for bringing a Tacoma...haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Get added to the 2016: NorCal Meet / Event Notification