Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Sacramento Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-16, 07:43 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dnasians
any after math pics of 4/2?
Nope. Meet was cnxd due to lack of interest... Which confused me when everyone in the SAC area asked for a meet...???

Oh well.. I'm leaving it alone someone else can plan a sac meet.
Old 04-10-16, 09:10 PM
1of120
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Nope. Meet was cnxd due to lack of interest... Which confused me when everyone in the SAC area asked for a meet...???

Oh well.. I'm leaving it alone someone else can plan a sac meet.
I rolled through the parking lot not knowing it was canceled wondering where everyone was at...
Old 06-11-16, 06:41 PM
Prepgs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for meet

New to the forum. Would like to meet and hang with other Lexus owners here in Sac area.
Old 06-30-16, 12:41 AM
j0elam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

always a forum lurker, but been busy with school and work. Always up to grab some boba, food, and chill. if you see me around calvine or elkgrove area, say whats up!

Old 07-09-16, 10:26 AM
slickster9
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default hello

i am also interested in meeting up with some lexus owners in sac whenever. my cars always around elk grove area. :thumb up:
/Users/nathantarr/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Masters/2016/06/27/20160627-063526/IMG_6771.jpeg
Old 07-11-16, 11:26 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Myis350G used to organize the SAC group. It wasn't long ago that we had regular mini meets and atleast one large event a year. For a couple of years we had well over 100 cars show up, and I myself held several meets in Elk Grove region as long as 10 years ago.

Unfortunately we all have other lives (including myself) so past organizers now have other priorities, career, marriage, etc.

The problem today is there is Always interest but I see a lack of commitment or willingness to drive far. The core members in NorCal have held most meets in The South Bay and South SF. We have had the SAC and Central Valley members organize caravans to drive to these events. We have also done the reverse and had Bay Area people attend SAC events.

The only way to have a Lexus event of any size is for the current members to converge in one spot.

Today the large events in All of NorCal are pretty much over. There is an effort to have atleast one larger scale event somewhere in between Sac and the bay before the end of this summer.

Based on my past experience, it is usually more likely for SAC / Central Valley to meet at our larger events in the bay, then it is for them to meet up locally, but Once you guys meet then it becomes a bit easier to hook up locally. I won't explain why that is, but I know for a fact that's what happens.

If there are any SAC area people that are truly interested in attending Lexus meets then we need your help along with the rest of the community to get things rolling once again.

Please respond to me on my post and I will add you to my event notification list.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...ification.html

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-11-16 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-11-16, 12:32 PM
RMMGS4

Here's a meet we had at Folsom Lake. We had three events at this location. Plus at the Lexus Dealership.

There's currently not enough local response to warrant putting another one of these together. Do note that over 50% of the participants came from the bay. So at this point we will try to put together an event between SAC and the bay. If enough SAC people attend, then we can consider holding something closer to your area.
Attached Thumbnails Sacramento Roll Call!-image.jpeg  
Old 07-11-16, 12:39 PM
RMMGS4

Sac event at the Lexus dealer. The Sac crew and some cars.

These were good ole days not long ago. To get Sac back up to this point will take some time but it can start by attending The larger event that we are trying to put together before the end of summer.

Stay Tuned

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-11-16 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-11-16, 12:42 PM
RMMGS4

Some SAC cars attending the event at the Lexus Dealer.

This is the IS row, there was a 1st gen IS row, a GS, LS and SC row as well.
Old 07-11-16, 02:50 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Myis350G used to organize the SAC group. It wasn't long ago that we had regular mini meets and atleast one large event a year. For a couple of years we had well over 100 cars show up, and I myself held several meets in Elk Grove region as long as 10 years ago.

Unfortunately we all have other lives (including myself) so past organizers now have other priorities, career, marriage, etc.

The problem today is there is Always interest but I see a lack of commitment or willingness to drive far. The core members in NorCal have held most meets in The South Bay and South SF. We have had the SAC and Central Valley members organize caravans to drive to these events. We have also done the reverse and had Bay Area people attend SAC events.

The only way to have a Lexus event of any size is for the current members to converge in one spot.

Today the large events in All of NorCal are pretty much over. There is an effort to have atleast one larger scale event somewhere in between Sac and the bay before the end of this summer.

Based on my past experience, it is usually more likely for SAC / Central Valley to meet at our larger events in the bay, then it is for them to meet up locally, but Once you guys meet then it becomes a bit easier to hook up locally. I won't explain why that is, but I know for a fact that's what happens.

If there are any SAC area people that are truly interested in attending Lexus meets then we need your help along with the rest of the community to get things rolling once again.

Please respond to me on my post and I will add you to my event notification list.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...ification.html
Well I tried to organize several meets in sac and I got close to zero commitment and one meet was trumped by a bay area meet after I already posted the final meeting place. I kind of feel no one wants to meet up anymore. Not sure why that is but its frustrating. I'm an older dude ( almost 40) and I miss those large scale meets of the past. I was willing to.do most of the legwork and setting something up but if I can't get people to commit to a small meet why do I want to try to organize a large scale meet. I have honestly had more luck with the old school JDM cars ( 80's era Japanese cars) than I have since owning my ISF since October... Hell I can barely get 5 ISF dudes together and we all live 5 mins of each other and we always pass each other getting gas and booze.

... Not really sure what to do aanymore...
Old 07-11-16, 02:58 PM
RMMGS4

Thanks for your effort Evan

Let's chat and I can get you up to speed on the why's and how's.

Pm me your cell or chat on Pm.

Thx
Old 07-11-16, 06:20 PM
Tvue83
Driver School Candidate

hello, im new to the site but i just pm'ed you. would like to meet up with some fellow lexus owners.
Old 07-11-16, 09:24 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sad to see the meets of old are in the past had some great times and meet some great people
Old 07-11-16, 11:20 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
sad to see the meets of old are in the past had some great times and meet some great people
We are going to try and revive the sense of community we once had.

Hope to see you back out Mike. It's been forever.