Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Where to get a clear bra? NorCal, Bay Area.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-16, 10:24 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
That's ridiculous. I had my whole front bumper, headlights, foglights, half of my hood / scoop and mirrors done for ~$650 I wanna say it was. Held up great for years, self healing so it's not like rocks from road trips to LA did anything. Hell, he even wrapped the CF wing I had to keep it from oxidizing (which worked GREAT btw) looked better than new for as long as I had it.

Do you have any pic of the car that your guy wrapped ? $650 for all that sounds like a good deal. But what brand of wrap did he use?
Old 03-10-16, 10:38 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
Sounds good. That's of brand of wrap I'll definitely get. I'll give your suggested auto shop a call. Maybe some others as well for quotes. $800 does seem pricey.

And if you got the time to take a pic, please upload it. I do wanna check it out.
Pic dump incoming. **** I miss this car sometimes.

He said he still uses Xpel on occasion, but switched over to Suntek for the most part. Xpel used to be the best out there, but now Suntek is superior. That being said I'm sure he'll use whatever you prefer.

Name:  DSC_5990copy_zpsa69a1905.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  154.2 KB

Name:  3B1A9698copy_zpsb4ce08e9.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  78.2 KB

Name:  CDADCA89-FF7A-43E7-8350-4C0EC22022FF_zpslbd6aclx.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  119.1 KB

Name:  55E1F0B2-E09F-4EBC-AF24-E5487D6051CB_zpsfuyw2kbl.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  97.9 KB
Old 03-11-16, 09:23 AM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Sounds good. That's of brand of wrap I'll definitely get. I'll give your suggested auto shop a call. Maybe some others as well for quotes. $800 does seem pricey.

And if you got the time to take a pic, please upload it. I do wanna check it out.

Ridiculous for paying $795 for XPEL for a front bumper, I agree. It is what it is. I called several places (and detailers) throughout the B. Area for estimates and the average cost I was quoted was $700 up. The reason for the high cost I was given is because of the newer models' design/angles and the film is custom made. Pre-cut is less expensive and leaves wider gaps.

I can send you a pic later.
Old 03-11-16, 02:38 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Avoid Elite Auto Films... don't trust the Yelp also.

They installed clear bra on my car and it started lifting and bubbling near the bottom of my front bumper within a week of installation. I took at back for re-installation. Instead of re-installing, they lifted the bra up and sliced the bottom, then squeegeed it back which is a no-no. It will lift again...

They guy said no. Sure enough it started lifted a few months later... Also upon closer inspection, those idiots sliced through the paint on my front bumper.... AArrrgh!

Should've paid more attention to the work when I got my car back.

Lesson learned: will never trust Elite Auto Films again.
Old 03-11-16, 02:43 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shadowman

They installed clear bra on my car and it started lifting and bubbling near the bottom of my front bumper within a week of installation. I took at back for re-installation. Instead of re-installing, they lifted the bra up and sliced the bottom, then squeegeed it back which is a no-no. It will lift again...

They guy said no. Sure enough it started lifted a few months later... Also upon closer inspection, those idiots sliced through the paint on my front bumper.... AArrrgh!

Thanks for the input. Do you happen to have any pics of the work/bubbling?
Old 03-11-16, 04:45 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

I can snap some pics when I get home. Didn't drive the Lexus today becuz of the rain.

Let me see if I can also catch the cuts into the paint on my bumper.
Old 03-11-16, 08:34 PM
Kenster
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Shadowman.

Like to hear more about your experience. I have an appointment with Elite Auto Film this coming Friday for clear bra and window tint.

Who did the work and are are they doing the work under warranty?
Old 03-11-16, 08:53 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Jesus lord I give up. I give you a great place and you want to go to somewhere that doesn't warranty their work and that you know cut into another members paint. Some people can't be helped, better hope your car isn't jacked up by them too.
Old 03-11-16, 11:35 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
Jesus lord I give up. I give you a great place and you want to go to somewhere that doesn't warranty their work and that you know cut into another members paint. Some people can't be helped, better hope your car isn't jacked up by them too.
Broo, I haven't even made my decision to even get a clear bra. I'm looking around for options and prices.
Old 03-14-16, 10:11 PM
lexus_ls
Rookie

I used them as well, and never again. My clear bra started turning color in one small area and he gave me the run around to fix it. After so many calls and gave up. Lesson learned, make sure you do a lot of research on the installer and make sure he backs up his work.
Old 03-16-16, 11:32 AM
Kenster
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Based o additional research and comments on this board, I have made an appointment to have the clear bra installed at the Belmont installer mentioned in this post and cancelled my appointment with Elite Auto Films.

Will let you guys know the outcome after it is completed next week.
Old 03-16-16, 12:05 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Sorry for late pics... Now even more lifting.

Old 03-16-16, 12:27 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I gave your guy, Jeremy, a call. Really nice guy. He recommends Suntek over XPEL. His prices are cheaper. The lesser prices he'd quoted for XPEL and Suntek are for pre-cut. Will cost only about $100 more for custom made. Wish I had your referral sooner. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-16-16, 08:41 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kenster
Based o additional research and comments on this board, I have made an appointment to have the clear bra installed at the Belmont installer mentioned in this post and cancelled my appointment with Elite Auto Films.

Will let you guys know the outcome after it is completed next week.
Originally Posted by Plxs15350
I gave your guy, Jeremy, a call. Really nice guy. He recommends Suntek over XPEL. His prices are cheaper. The lesser prices he'd quoted for XPEL and Suntek are for pre-cut. Will cost only about $100 more for custom made. Wish I had your referral sooner. Thanks for the tip.
Really glad you guys decided to go with him. I've known Jeremy for years and he does superb work, you'll be happy.
Old 03-16-16, 09:30 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry for late pics... Now even more lifting.

Brooo.. sorry to say, but that looks horrible.. Can you just peel it off?

Quick Reply: Where to get a clear bra? NorCal, Bay Area.