Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

San Jose Pizza Meet Aftermath Thread! (2/20/16)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 07:31 AM
OOO_ROB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there was a second meet up? damn didn't even know came all the way from richmond too
Old 02-22-16, 07:33 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OOO_ROB
there was a second meet up? damn didn't even know came all the way from richmond too
It wasn't official just a small thing some of the guys decided to do afterwards. I would have gone but coming from Modesto I decided I should just head home already since it was already around 10pm
Old 02-22-16, 08:33 AM
OOO_ROB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
It wasn't official just a small thing some of the guys decided to do afterwards. I would have gone but coming from Modesto I decided I should just head home already since it was already around 10pm
ahh okay same here i was falling asleep driving home haha
Old 02-22-16, 12:18 PM
markjustus
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Daaaaamn looks like I missed out on this one. Hopefully I can come out to the next one, looking forward to meet the CL fam
Old 02-22-16, 04:10 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea. I missed this one too. Stayed home fighting a bad flu... Hope I can come out to the next one.

Man vs Flu

Winner: Flu

Still beaten up on Day 5 of Flu.
Old 02-22-16, 04:17 PM
DVS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed it too, we should plan the next meetup at noon or afternoon instead of night time
Old 02-23-16, 12:02 AM
vncasanova
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

man i missed it too, last minute emergency.... would love to come out for the next one, let me know
Old 02-23-16, 12:59 PM
expired
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed out on this one. Couldn't make it I hope there will be another soon! Spring or summer! or soon!
Old 02-23-16, 07:24 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vncasanova
man i missed it too, last minute emergency.... would love to come out for the next one, let me know
Sorry you had to miss out on this one Remy, hopefully you can make it to the next. It was nice meeting you and I'm sure you'll enjoy coming out to meet the members of CL.
Old 02-24-16, 08:18 AM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DVS
I missed it too, we should plan the next meetup at noon or afternoon instead of night time
Went there but bailed. Don't understand why a meet is arranged at night where you can't really see folks' cars well as compared to in the day time or at least when there's still light out. And, in a small, busy shopping center parking lot isn't exactly ideal.

How about planning some kind of agenda or activity for the next one where people can actually get to know one another, too? Just my two cents.
Old 02-24-16, 10:04 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Plxs15350
Went there but bailed. Don't understand why a meet is arranged at night where you can't really see folks' cars well as compared to in the day time or at least when there's still light out. And, in a small, busy shopping center parking lot isn't exactly ideal.

How about planning some kind of agenda or activity for the next one where people can actually get to know one another, too? Just my two cents.
If you actually came and stayed for the meet, you would've seen that people were meeting and getting to know each other. It was a Pizza meet so some did go into the Pizza joint to have a bite with fellow CL members and mingled, some did not but thats okay, they mingled and met at the cars for a good 2-3 hours.

The reason for Night meets is because a lot of places during day time will have crowded parking lots as you seen when you came and bailed. Imagine it magnified during the day when people are actually out shopping and then add 10-20+ Lexus also rolling in and trying to fight for parking, Parking together at that. At 7pm we already had this same issue but as the night progressed parking spaced free'd up.

Hope you can make it to next one and stay a little longer.

We had arranged prior approval with the owners of the Pizza place so we were okay with staying in the lot in case Security haggled us for loitering that is why this location and time was selected
Old 02-24-16, 10:21 AM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Alright, thanks. Will stay longer for the next time.

Is it possible to make these meets regular, say, monthly or bi-monthly?
Old 02-24-16, 11:11 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Alright, thanks. Will stay longer for the next time.

Is it possible to make these meets regular, say, monthly or bi-monthly?
do not worry more are planned to happen, typically in spring and summer there are more meets
due to more light outside longer (day light savings)
Last year was a drought year for meets for CL
Old 02-24-16, 01:24 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

For those of you that missed out, don't worry, we will have more meets

This was a meet, not a show. So the primary objective was to meet and mingle with your fellow CL members. We had 45+ people roll through, many who stayed for 3 hours talking and ha hanging out. A smaller group went and got boba afterwards and we were chillin till past midnight.

Rodney said it great below. There are multiple reasons this location was picked, 1 of them having permission from the owners of a business there so we don't have problems with police hassling us.

Originally Posted by specONE
If you actually came and stayed for the meet, you would've seen that people were meeting and getting to know each other. It was a Pizza meet so some did go into the Pizza joint to have a bite with fellow CL members and mingled, some did not but thats okay, they mingled and met at the cars for a good 2-3 hours.

The reason for Night meets is because a lot of places during day time will have crowded parking lots as you seen when you came and bailed. Imagine it magnified during the day when people are actually out shopping and then add 10-20+ Lexus also rolling in and trying to fight for parking, Parking together at that. At 7pm we already had this same issue but as the night progressed parking spaced free'd up.

Hope you can make it to next one and stay a little longer.

We had arranged prior approval with the owners of the Pizza place so we were okay with staying in the lot in case Security haggled us for loitering that is why this location and time was selected
Thanks Rodney!
Old 02-24-16, 02:23 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Understood. Thanks guys, for the info. Look forward to the next event.

Quick Reply: San Jose Pizza Meet Aftermath Thread! (2/20/16)