Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Westlake Car Meet- Daly City 2/5

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-16, 05:14 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting read so far lol
Old 02-05-16, 05:22 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Interesting read so far lol
Yup just some different experiences and Point of views for you to consider Evan lol. Hope you guys get something figured out soon , I'm still anxiously waiting for the announcement
Old 02-05-16, 05:30 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Dude tell me about it. I was just trying to get something going and i feel like i have opened a can of worms with all the responses i have gotten offline on FB and here about planning a meet. I had no idea it was this serious on this group. I am sure we will get something together. I'm just trying to take advantage of my baby leave off from work. Once i go back to work its game over for me... lol
Old 02-05-16, 08:54 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Dude tell me about it. I was just trying to get something going and i feel like i have opened a can of worms with all the responses i have gotten offline on FB and here about planning a meet. I had no idea it was this serious on this group. I am sure we will get something together. I'm just trying to take advantage of my baby leave off from work. Once i go back to work its game over for me... lol
Yeah lots of rules and guidelines. But I guess it's for the best if what the more veteran members say about having huge meets in the past is true. Also, I'm sure you'll be able to attend meets every now and again still after your baby leave is done. I don't know about planning and organizing them though lol
Old 02-05-16, 09:59 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Pretty crazy!! Cops was cool! A few lexus but most of the cars are muscle cars
Old 02-06-16, 12:10 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped by after gym and it was too much muscle cars revving their engine
Old 02-06-16, 01:52 AM
eunicebkim
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some saw nice Lexus out there.
Too bad I had no idea who's car belonged to who.
Either way, I'll be on the lookout for the upcoming club lexus meetup.
Old 02-06-16, 09:35 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by eunicebkim
Some saw nice Lexus out there.
Too bad I had no idea who's car belonged to who.
Either way, I'll be on the lookout for the upcoming club lexus meetup.
That's the problem with these big meets and aren't "certified" Lexus only meet. Won't be able to really meet anyone.

I dropped by also quickly but without my car. Pretty diverse showing that came out (muscle, old schools, bugs, imports, compacts, trucks, etc) started getting chaotic toward 9:30
Old 02-06-16, 10:21 AM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tro209
I don't know about planning and organizing them though lol
Yeah im not doing this again!! lol. I'll leave it to the vets. Too much to work with.

So it sounds like this Westlake meet was an all cars meets.. Those could be good and bad.

I have been to way too many of those in my lifetime and somewhow they always get stupid toward the end.. With the exception of living in Dallas. meets there back in the day were on another level.. watching VW bugs destroy W12 Vectors and Lambos... Supras were king back then too...

fawk im old lol

Last edited by Tokenblkgy; 02-06-16 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-06-16, 04:47 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Yeah im not doing this again!! lol. I'll leave it to the vets. Too much to work with.

So it sounds like this Westlake meet was an all cars meets.. Those could be good and bad.

I have been to way too many of those in my lifetime and somewhow they always get stupid toward the end.. With the exception of living in Dallas. meets there back in the day were on another level.. watching VW bugs destroy W12 Vectors and Lambos... Supras were king back then too...

fawk im old lol
Yeah typically those meets go either good or bad but there's no telling. The problem with unorganized meets is that anyone can show up and do whatever and completely ruin it for everyone else. That's also the problem with meets that take place in public parking lots since if someone starts acting stupid , some bystander near by will surely alert the authorities and the night is over. Then it's off to the runs lol.

The good thing about what GiantsFan or whoever is actually organizing the meet (still confused lol) Is that it's organized and everyone who attends is part of CL or the CL Facebook group . So the only way you know about it is through invitation basically. So assuming all of us here are responsible adults, we can have a great meet where can all introduce ourselves and have a good time. No typical drama, no show boating , nada.
Old 02-07-16, 10:55 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I was there .... It was a mess lol. Came in a stock FRS, and mostly hung out with Rodney (SpecONE). Cops were fun to talk to...
Old 02-07-16, 11:21 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Everyone has to start some time...Nobody was born into this world with car-meet-hosting experience Step up!