Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Which Dealership to use for recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-15, 02:41 PM
Armando408
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my fuel sensor recall done this week at Stevens Creek Lexus, also had them deactivate my DRL's since i've upraded to the 2012 LED headlights. I was happy that they didn't charge me for the DRL reprogramming, and I got the car back with a full tank of gas.

So far all my dealings with Stevens Creek Lexus have been good.
Old 08-02-15, 07:06 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

I had my recall done at Lexus of chandler, they butchered my harness and then duct taped it. After an oil change visit to Steven's Creek I told the service rep, who forwarded my case to Todd (service manager at Steven's Creek) and he called me right away offering to cover the labor to fix it, at no cost to me other than buying the harness protector.

I was then able to get ahold of Lexus of Chandler, their GM contacted me, and he offered to pay for the part.

So far, so good for Steven's Creek.

I was debating disabling my DRLs as well, even though I have 08 headlights ^^^
Old 08-04-15, 12:21 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

My wife took her rx350 to coliseum lexus for a recall done. But somehow they tricked her into doing a $200 oil change also. Didn't tell her until after she signed and picked up the car that they were doing an oil change. She said f it paid and left. Once she left she noticed her car charger and about $2 worth of change all gone.
Old 08-05-15, 04:45 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Update, and good news! Lexus of Stevens Creek is amazing! Before and after pictures give you the scope. I paid $0 out of pocket - Todd (Stevens Creek's Service Manager) called me after I told their customer service dept. what Lexus of Chandler did. Todd offered to cover the labor no questions asked, and after 2 reviews on Yelp / Google + Lexus of Chandler finally reached out to me and a dozen emails / their GM calling Todd they finally agreed to pay for the part. Net net I'm stoked, but it was a headache to deal with Chandler.

(Yes my engine bay is dirty yes I need to clean it lol)

BEFORE

AFTER
Old 08-17-15, 08:21 PM
Pie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I made an appointment with Stevens Creek for the ELF recall next month. Hope all goes well
Old 08-17-15, 10:07 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just picked up my car from Stevens Creek Lexus for ELF. Dropped off my car on Saturday, received 3IS F-Sport Loaner, and picked up my car Monday all done with Full Gas of Tank!

Also got my Dashboard inspected & waitlisted for my 2IS. Stevens Creek Lexus did it right!

Only thing appointment was 3-4 weeks out but worth it!
Old 08-18-15, 10:16 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Default Which Dealership to use for recall

Originally Posted by istundra
Just picked up my car from Stevens Creek Lexus for ELF. Dropped off my car on Saturday, received 3IS F-Sport Loaner, and picked up my car Monday all done with Full Gas of Tank!

Also got my Dashboard inspected & waitlisted for my 2IS. Stevens Creek Lexus did it right!

Only thing appointment was 3-4 weeks out but worth it!
What do you mean dash inspected and wait listed? Are you getting a new one?
Old 08-18-15, 11:27 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
What do you mean dash inspected and wait listed? Are you getting a new one?
Yes i believe i am waitlisted for a new one. i still need to confirm with Stevens Creek Lexus.

Here's the 2IS thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...placed-18.html

There is bunch of impacted models like the early 3RX, 1GX, 2IS, and etc. Check it out each of those sub forums. This one is the ZLD campaign for dashboard & door panel replacement.
Old 08-19-15, 10:59 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by istundra
Yes i believe i am waitlisted for a new one. i still need to confirm with Stevens Creek Lexus.

Here's the 2IS thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...placed-18.html

There is bunch of impacted models like the early 3RX, 1GX, 2IS, and etc. Check it out each of those sub forums. This one is the ZLD campaign for dashboard & door panel replacement.
Huh. My dash is a little "sticky" and it's even peeling up around the center A/C vent. Also, the silver trim around the shifter is completely cracked. I can upload pics later if they're wanted.

Did you just tell them about this issue or did you have the notice come in the mail? I'd like to get the ball rolling on mine, if possible.

Thanks for the info
Old 08-19-15, 08:52 PM
Pie
Driver

Huh. My dash is a little "sticky" and it's even peeling up around the center A/C vent. Also, the silver trim around the shifter is completely cracked. I can upload pics later if they're wanted.

Did you just tell them about this issue or did you have the notice come in the mail? I'd like to get the ball rolling on mine, if possible.

Thanks for the info
From what I hear, the ISF is not covered...even though most of the interior panels are the same. Doesn't hurt to try
Old 08-20-15, 02:07 AM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Gents the isx50 has recalls on dash and door panels. Or shall I say extended warranty. Look up your recalls on their website but you need to be logged in. Most of us have received the letter and the dealership will order, wait list, then install. Also other Lexus vehicles are receiving this extended warranty mostly later models ie 06,07 ect
Old 09-11-15, 10:21 PM
Pie
Driver

Taking my ISF to Steven's Creek tomorrow for recall. I'm nervous letting someone else work on my car
Old 09-12-15, 09:12 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pie
Taking my ISF to Steven's Creek tomorrow for recall. I'm nervous letting someone else work on my car
Bring it up when you drop it off. They had no problem fixing my harness when they didn't even cause the problem, the service manager knows
Old 09-13-15, 12:06 PM
Pie
Driver

Bring it up when you drop it off. They had no problem fixing my harness when they didn't even cause the problem, the service manager knows
They cracked mine but taped it up nicely. Since it's only a $60 part, I'm not gonna bother. I can order and install it faster than setting up another appointment.
Old 09-13-15, 01:19 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pie
They cracked mine but taped it up nicely. Since it's only a $60 part, I'm not gonna bother. I can order and install it faster than setting up another appointment.
Suit yourself. The service manager was more than willing to go above and beyond for me + get a free loaner for the day

Quick Reply: Which Dealership to use for recall