Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Which Dealership to use for recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-15, 10:44 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I went to Colesieum Lexus in Oakland becuE a tech who's a moderator works there and he had had an IS in the past that was lowered so I trust him. Great mechanic and I got free gas.
Old 04-04-15, 04:53 PM
Mikeyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VDMTom
I've been to Oakland for last recall.. and I got screwed. "Master tech" stripped a crucial bolt to the block. Didn't inform me when they called asking to keep my car longer (extra 3 days), and service advisor failed to inform me and left me kinda blind sidedly. Service advisor didn't even return my call for two days / third phone call. The issue was noted on the invoice, but no explanation, no reasoning until I brought it up when I left the second voice mail.

I called Lexus Corp, they suggested to the dealer to take my car back in and have them open it up to show me what was done, at no charge, as I didn't feel comfortable with what they did to the repair of the bolt. The service manager was rude and giving me attitude when explaining that portion... and then added a cherry on top & said for them to open it up will cost me $600+.

In the end, F Colosseum Lexus and F that service advisor and manager. I'll never go back to Oakland.

My luck with dealers doesn't end there..

I scheduled an appointment with Magnussen Lexus of Fremont 3 weeks in advance. On the appointment page, I indicated I was going there for the fuel pressure sensor recall, When I showed up on day of, they didn't tell me the service advisor I had before no longer worked there, which is fine - I'll just go to next person. But what irritated me was that they didn't bother to call the any of the days before to let me know the god damn part was out of stock for over a week. So the service advisor kinda just brushed me off without an apology for wasting my morning... "I'll give you a call when parts are back in stock."

The next day, I scheduled an appointment at Lexus Stevens Creek for 3rd week of April. They just got their shipment of recall parts in stock. I am hoping LSC treats me well....
Let me know when you are coming in. I'll take care of you
Old 04-05-15, 05:56 PM
1UGLYGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikeyy

Looks like my best bet is going to stevens creek, (location and CL members)

Mikeyy, do you recommend me removing my bumper before I go in? My car's not very driveway friendly lol
Old 04-05-15, 06:48 PM
mr5parkle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VDMTom
I've been to Oakland for last recall.. and I got screwed. "Master tech" stripped a crucial bolt to the block. Didn't inform me when they called asking to keep my car longer (extra 3 days), and service advisor failed to inform me and left me kinda blind sidedly. Service advisor didn't even return my call for two days / third phone call. The issue was noted on the invoice, but no explanation, no reasoning until I brought it up when I left the second voice mail.

I called Lexus Corp, they suggested to the dealer to take my car back in and have them open it up to show me what was done, at no charge, as I didn't feel comfortable with what they did to the repair of the bolt. The service manager was rude and giving me attitude when explaining that portion... and then added a cherry on top & said for them to open it up will cost me $600+.

In the end, F Colosseum Lexus and F that service advisor and manager. I'll never go back to Oakland.

My luck with dealers doesn't end there..

I scheduled an appointment with Magnussen Lexus of Fremont 3 weeks in advance. On the appointment page, I indicated I was going there for the fuel pressure sensor recall, When I showed up on day of, they didn't tell me the service advisor I had before no longer worked there, which is fine - I'll just go to next person. But what irritated me was that they didn't bother to call the any of the days before to let me know the god damn part was out of stock for over a week. So the service advisor kinda just brushed me off without an apology for wasting my morning... "I'll give you a call when parts are back in stock."

The next day, I scheduled an appointment at Lexus Stevens Creek for 3rd week of April. They just got their shipment of recall parts in stock. I am hoping LSC treats me well....
I've been to LSC for one recall, and they were great for the most part. They did my oil recall properly and no complaints there.

I actually came in to get a routine oil change at ~930am and had a proper appointment. I decided to wait on-site as I didn't expect it take longer than 2 hours considering I had an appointment. Long story short, it was 1130am and my car wasn't even on a lift. What's the point of appointments?!?! The techs were forced to lunch at 12pm per union rules, and I was at risk of them starting on my car at the earliest 1pm. However, my service adviser pushed up my oil change and I was out before 1230pm (had to go to work). On top of that, he gave me 10% off for the super long wait.

What I don't get is why bother letting people sign up for appointments in the morning, and the cars won't be worked on because of the lunch break. I have nothing against that policy, but they weren't transparent about it and kept me there for >3 hours for an oil change?! That's just absurd. And when you ask for a rental, they say it's reserved for customers' who have purchased the "maintenance package" or for larger projects.
Old 04-06-15, 10:26 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Magnessun Fremont

The tech cracked my wire harness cover. Even, after forewarning the SA.

Still pending their resolution. But in the meantime, try Steven's Creek?
Old 04-07-15, 09:15 PM
risterdid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone ever had any recalls done at Serramonte Lexus?
Old 04-08-15, 07:19 PM
Pie
Driver

Originally Posted by Mikeyy
Are you an SA there? I need a recall done
Old 04-08-15, 11:19 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Pie
Are you an SA there? I need a recall done
Mikeyy's a tech at Stevens Creek
Old 04-09-15, 08:52 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Happened to my friend's is350
The valet gassed the car and "forgot" remove the nozzle.

Of course lexus repainted it for free but it did not match at all...

Lexus serramonte
Old 04-30-15, 02:13 AM
MiggzGS
Lead Lap

Always take my car to Magnussen Lexus in Fremont... For the recall, I got the newer IS250 as a loaner and they detailed my car for free... Wax, shampoo, and leather.
Old 04-30-15, 10:20 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MiggzGS
Always take my car to Magnussen Lexus in Fremont... For the recall, I got the newer IS250 as a loaner and they detailed my car for free... Wax, shampoo, and leather.
Did you lift your engine cover, to check for damage to the black wire protector?

NVM. Model specific, IS-F

Last edited by F_Throttle; 04-30-15 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-08-15, 07:55 AM
Blzn335
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went to concord Lexus with my F. I did take a video of my cars exterior and engine with the cover off with the SA so there would be no questions. I also did mention concerns with issues fixing the recall especially breaking the wire harness protector. He said not to worry and they would take good care of her. After service recall was done they did end up breaking the harness which they said they would replace but they also said there was a shortage of the harness protector. It's on back order. Been a week and still waiting for part to come in. I have no complaints since they are fixing it.
Old 05-08-15, 01:01 PM
SJ408sgmIS
Rookie

What wire harness protector are you guys talking about that the techs are cracking? Pictures would help. Also what recall are you doing for the tech to crack the harness protector?
Old 05-29-15, 03:00 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 204 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus4me
Is that on the paper somewhere?
I don't think it is but when I asked my service rep regarding a routine service, he stated that they only fill it if its a recall. This was at Stevens Creek Service Center
Old 05-29-15, 08:52 PM
risterdid
Driver School Candidate

Got mine recently done at Putnam Lexus. Although I got my recall done, i noticed I went with a quarter of gas and got my car back almost empty.

Quick Reply: Which Dealership to use for recall