Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Which Dealership to use for recall

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-15, 05:34 PM
1UGLYGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Dealership to use for recall

So I felt this was relevant to this forum.
As some of you should know by now,

2007 - 2010 LS
2006 - 2010 GS and IS
2010 ISC
2008 - 2010 ISF

have a recall on the fuel pressure sensor.
Which lexus dealership in the bay area are you guys taking your car to?

Anyone have experience with them here regarding service? Loaner cars? full tank of gas? ect

also any negative or suggestions for example, should I put another set of wheels on to prevent damage to my current set. Do I need to raise my car? Should I remove body lips to prevent damage of mishandling, things of that nature.
Old 03-17-15, 10:38 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Depending on which city you're from, I know a lot of CL members go to Magnussen Lexus in fremont. I've had a couple recalls done here on my F here, and due for another minor thing, but waiting till my car is totally filthy so I could get a free car wash. At the time, they gave me an option of a RX or a CT as a loaner. No they didn't fill up my tank when I got my car back, but I dont expect them to unless I was in for a paid service.
Old 03-18-15, 12:14 AM
risterdid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm either going to Concord Lexus since my buddy is one of the mechanics there but I live all the way in Daly City so considering Serramonte or Putnam. Still thinking about it.

Anyone have any news on the dashboard recall?
Old 03-18-15, 09:03 AM
Lexus4me
Driver

I think no gas in the bay area is normal here and I always decline the free car wash, just vacuum. as for loaner, you can check their inventory ahead. last weekend I got a newer IS250 from fremont. fun, but seats too narrow for me.
Old 03-18-15, 03:38 PM
jw669
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Steven's Creek Lexus has been great to me. Free gas during my last recall.
Old 03-18-15, 06:27 PM
ILL250
Driver

Ive been going to Stevens Creek for all my recalls and so far its been great. Ive always had my gas gauge close to empty and they fill it up full each time. Go in the morning if you want to choose which loaner car you want.
Old 03-19-15, 01:56 PM
ISFngU
Rookie

I've been going to Putnam for the minor maintenance and my previous recall. Loaner provided and filled my tank up. setting an appointment for the ELF recall. Was told by my SA that a couple ELF recall has been done with no issues.
Old 03-20-15, 09:45 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

I can vouch for seeing service Adviser Todd Rebhan at Lexus Of Stevens Creek. He has taken care of all my cars as well as a good number of my friends.
Old 03-20-15, 07:36 PM
Mikeyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suggest Lexus of Stevens Creek. But I might be slightly biased lol
Old 03-21-15, 12:55 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeyy
I suggest Lexus of Stevens Creek. But I might be slightly biased lol
And RT will say Oakland and well you know Jeff C and I are biased as well
Old 03-22-15, 11:31 PM
Pie
Driver

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Depending on which city you're from, I know a lot of CL members go to Magnussen Lexus in fremont. I've had a couple recalls done here on my F here, and due for another minor thing, but waiting till my car is totally filthy so I could get a free car wash. At the time, they gave me an option of a RX or a CT as a loaner. No they didn't fill up my tank when I got my car back, but I dont expect them to unless I was in for a paid service.
Did you take your F to Fremont for the recall? Not sure if you saw the big thread on the F forum, but I've been holding off
Old 03-23-15, 09:50 AM
Mikeyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ

you're suppose to get a free tank of gas when you get the recalls done
Old 03-23-15, 04:41 PM
Lexus4me
Driver

Originally Posted by Mikeyy
you're suppose to get a free tank of gas when you get the recalls done
Is that on the paper somewhere?
Old 03-25-15, 01:37 PM
USBISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I always go to Lexus of Serramonte. I get taken care of over there.
Old 04-01-15, 02:38 AM
VDMTom
Driver

I've been to Oakland for last recall.. and I got screwed. "Master tech" stripped a crucial bolt to the block. Didn't inform me when they called asking to keep my car longer (extra 3 days), and service advisor failed to inform me and left me kinda blind sidedly. Service advisor didn't even return my call for two days / third phone call. The issue was noted on the invoice, but no explanation, no reasoning until I brought it up when I left the second voice mail.

I called Lexus Corp, they suggested to the dealer to take my car back in and have them open it up to show me what was done, at no charge, as I didn't feel comfortable with what they did to the repair of the bolt. The service manager was rude and giving me attitude when explaining that portion... and then added a cherry on top & said for them to open it up will cost me $600+.

In the end, F Colosseum Lexus and F that service advisor and manager. I'll never go back to Oakland.

My luck with dealers doesn't end there..

I scheduled an appointment with Magnussen Lexus of Fremont 3 weeks in advance. On the appointment page, I indicated I was going there for the fuel pressure sensor recall, When I showed up on day of, they didn't tell me the service advisor I had before no longer worked there, which is fine - I'll just go to next person. But what irritated me was that they didn't bother to call the any of the days before to let me know the god damn part was out of stock for over a week. So the service advisor kinda just brushed me off without an apology for wasting my morning... "I'll give you a call when parts are back in stock."

The next day, I scheduled an appointment at Lexus Stevens Creek for 3rd week of April. They just got their shipment of recall parts in stock. I am hoping LSC treats me well....

Quick Reply: Which Dealership to use for recall