Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim**

Old 09-07-14, 12:29 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim**

I make trips up to norcal/bay area/san jose to do vinyl wraps fairly frequently. How often or frequent depends on how much interest I have at that time. I am constantly taking down people's contact information for those who are interested in getting work done when I do come up there. If you are interested or have any questions, PM or e-mail me at donathon@gmail.com

For locals that are looking to get vinyl installed on their cars, I can supply both the materials and do the complete installation at my location.

Here's a link to my Facebook Page - Gallery

I am located in Anaheim Hills / Orange County, California. (Note: I do occasionally make trips to Norcal / Bay Area for vinyl installations/work as well, contact me for more info)

For non-locals (or for someone who just wants or needs some materials) and would like to DIY it, I can supply and sell you just the materials to do the installation as well.

Prices varies for both installation and materials depending on the exact car, vinyl finish, and specific part(s) that you want wrapped, so PM or e-mail me (donathon@gmail.com) directly for price quotes.

- Gloss and matte black roof vinyl (other finishes/colors are available upon request)
- Gloss and matte Carbon fiber vinyl
- Black out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim vinyl
- Interior/exterior trim
- Head/tail light tinting
- Full car wraps
- Graphic/vinyl installations
- And More...

I've done installations on hundreds of cars and have supplied materials to thousands of cars worldwide at this point. Here are just one or two quick pictures of the cars and the work that I have personally done for them, just to give you guys an idea of how it looks like and the quality of my work:

Black vinyl roof install:
Before:

After:

Carbon fiber roof install:
Before (hood and roof both originally painted gloss black):

After:

Tinted / smoked lights install:
Before:

After:

Blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim install:
Before:

After:

For a more concise way of viewing specific examples of my work, I have split the more popular types of installations into specific galleries, which you can view in the links below. Even if you may not see something pictured in one of the links below, feel free to contact me directly, as it is very likely that it is still something that I can do or have done in the past.

Facebook Page - Gallery

Gloss and Matte Black Roofs:
Black Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc. - E46Fanatics

3M Dinoc and 1080 Carbon Fiber Roofs:
Don Nguyen - Vinyl Carbon Fiber Roof - Picture Thread - E46Fanatics

Smoked/tinted headlights and tail lights:
Smoked/tinted headlights and tail lights? Opinions? - E46Fanatics

Blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim:
Don Nguyen | Blacked Out Window Trim - Vinyl - E46Fanatics

Let me know if you guys have any questions or if you are interested in getting some work done.

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-07-14, 12:31 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Here's another car that I did while I was up in norcal doing some vinyl wraps. This car was around the Hayward area. The car is a white IS250, and I did his roof in the 3M 1080 gloss black carbon fiber material. It was the first car that I actually had used the material on for the roof. These pictures will also give those who have other cf parts a good idea of how the carbon fiber 3M 1080 vinyl looks compared to it. Don't mind the uneven marks, those were just water streaks from when I wiped the roof down in the heat. The camera picked those up more than how it looked like in person, or else I would have cleaned it better

I am already started taking cars who are interested in getting some vinyl work done the next time I am up in norcal. So if you're around the bay area, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll keep you on tab and notify all of you when I do.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-11-14, 07:50 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I wrapped the roof on this red Lexus ISF sedan for the owner of Road Race Motorsports a while back. The roof was wrapped in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish. I thought the roof gave the car a different and more sporty look, even though most people are used to seeing pictures of wrapped roofs on white cars only, I think it works well on other colors as well.

-Don Nguyen

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-13-14, 02:24 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

This white Lexus IS350 dropped by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black material. Hopefully these pictures will help out those who have carbon fiber hoods see how the gloss black vinyl roof matches/looks with a carbon hood. I thought that the gloss black vinyl roof complimented the carbon fiber hood and other carbon fiber/black accents on the car fairly well. The owner of this car was from around Cerritos and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-15-14, 10:03 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

This is kind of a two for one deal, so there's going to be more pictures in this post than usual. This white 3rd gen Lexus GS300 came by to have me install a gloss black vinyl roof on his car and while he was here he also decided to tint/smoke his rear tail lights as well. We went with the gloss black vinyl for his roof to give it a factory panoramic look. For the tail lights, I tinted the whole thing and then cut out the clear portions for him. I included a picture that shows what it would have looked like with the clear portion tinted compared to it with the clear portion cut out. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills from around Cerritos/north Orange County.

Before:

During (left/driver side is completely tinted, and the right/passenger side has the clear portion cut out):

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-18-14, 10:24 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Here are pictures of an Lexus ISF that I vinyl wrapped the roof in the 3M Di-noc material. As you can kind of see in some of the pictures, from a distance away, the material will almost give you a matte/flat black look. However, as you get closer to it, you'll be able to see the design and weave of the cf vinyl appear. The owner of this car came out to me in Irvine/Orange County. Hopefully these pictures will also help give an idea of how the 3M di noc carbon fiber material looks like on darker car and cars with sunroofs.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-20-14, 11:57 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I had a new silver Lexus CT200h come by to have me vinyl wrap his roof with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber material. The owner of this car was also from Irvine / Orange County. Took some close up pictures around the antenna area and side rails, just to show you the extent of the vinyl coverage and it looks up close. I think the roof accented the silver color of the car fairly well, especially since this carbon fiber finish has somewhat of a silver/gray tone to it, even though it is the black carbon fiber finish. The owner of this car also wants me to wrap his hood with the 3M dinoc carbon fiber material and tint his tails as well, so once I do those, I'll post some more pictures.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-25-14, 08:25 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Here is a more recent car that I did some vinyl work on. I got lucky to work on this really cool brand new factory matte paint CLS63. I did a lot of things to this car that day. Firstly, we decided to go with the matte black around the window trims and rear chrome trunk handle to black it out and tone down the high contrast between that and the paint/rest of the car. Then we went around the car and smoked/tinted out the tail lights, head lights, and lower bumper light pieces. For the rear tail lights, I only tinted the clear portion and left the red portion. This toned the clear portion down a bit but left the red nice and bright to give it a good contrast/pop in the rear, which also matched the other red accents on the car. For the front, I tinted the entire head light and also the lower bumper lights to bring their contrast down and make them in with the lower bumper mesh area.

Before:

Clear portion tinted/smoked

Clear portion untinted/unsmoked

Entire front headlight smoked/tinted, lower bumper light unsmoked/untintinted

Front headlight unsmoked/untinted, lower bumper light smoked/tinted

After, with everything done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-02-14, 09:18 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

For this black Lexus IS350 F sport, I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my matte black vinyl material. It may be a bit hard to see the chrome in the before pictures, but blacking out the chrome trim completely changed the look of the car. It gave the IS a sportier look and made the window trim become more subtle by blending it into the car better. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-04-14, 01:23 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights on this Lexus GS350 sedan. Due to the lighting, the tail lights may not look tinted in the after pictures, but you can see the contrast and comparison in the during picture (third picture) between the tinted/smoked tail lights versus the stock tail light in the same lighting conditions. The film is fairly light, which gives it an OEM+ look without looking too dark. Anything darker than this, and you run a higher chance of getting pulled over for tail lights that are too dark. The owner of this car was in Orange County as well and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the tint work done.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-19-14, 05:01 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

The owner of this brand new white Lexus IS350 sedan brought his car by to have me vinyl wrap his roof with my gloss black vinyl material. He was from Orange county as well and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. The car was still stock, but I think the gloss black roof still went fairly well with the car. The gloss black roof still maintains a factory clean look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-30-14, 10:25 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

In addition to vinyl wrapping, I have started offering plasti dipping services.

I did quite a bit of work on this Black Mercedes Benz E350 blutech. I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, lower chrome door pieces, and rear trunk chrome bar with my gloss black vinyl material, lightly smoked/tinted the tail lights, plasti dipped the wheels, rear badges, and front grill. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the front grill after I was done. The owner of this car came from San Diego up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work and plastidip work done on his car.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-04-14, 09:38 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Forgot to take before pictures of this Silver Lexus IS350 F sport, but I am sure you can imagine how the original chrome/brushed aluminum window trim looked like on there before. I wrapped the window trim and front grill with my matte black finish material. The owner of this car was local to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county as well, somewhere towards Inland Empire I believe. Although the window trim is a relatively small piece on the car, it still changes the look of the car quite a bit when done. Blacking out the chrome gives the car a much sportier look to it.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-07-14, 07:29 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

This is something different and new that I haven’t done before. I had blacked out the chrome trimming on this Lexus IS350 sedan in the past, but this time the owner of the car had me apply my tint/smoke film, which is what I normally use on the tail lights I’ve posted, to the front center emblem of the car to slightly tone it down. The pictures I took of it inside aren’t the best, since the lighting was pretty dark. However, you can still get an idea of how it looks like before/after the film was applied.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-09-14, 01:14 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

For this white 2014 Maserati Ghibli sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof of the car in my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic roof look. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County, from Los Angeles to have the vinyl work done. Even though the car was brand new, the gloss black roof still changed the look of the car completely to the owner of the car. The owner had me leave the side rails body colored and only wrapped the center of the roof. This will give an idea to those who want to see what it looks like to have just the center of the roof wrapped only and keep the side rails body colored.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com