Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

body shop in norcal

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-14, 12:59 AM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts
Default body shop in norcal

Hi I was wondering any good body shop in norcal? I want a body shop that are legit and don't do some ****ty work like just nailing the bumper in and etc. Thnx
Old 07-18-14, 09:29 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are in the Santa Clara county area... German Auto Body does a great job.

I took my car there twice... once from some one backing up into my passenger side and they replaced my rear door and realign the rail. The second time, some run into into my front car head-on. They replaced my bumper, fender.

Alignment and paint match was perfect... you can check out their Yelp Reviews.

They are Too Legit To Quit.
Old 07-18-14, 09:42 AM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Collision doctor in hayward. Dee is the owner. He has painted and repaired all my cars. I'm pretty picky about my cars and he calms my ocd lol.
Old 07-18-14, 06:49 PM
mrkim
Banned

where exactly in "Nor Cal" ???
Old 07-19-14, 12:43 AM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

San Francisco sorry forgot to mention
Old 07-19-14, 03:52 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Google search is the best body shop in norcal lol
Old 07-19-14, 10:14 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sunny-auto-body-san-francisco
Old 07-20-14, 10:40 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Panel Craft in Berkeley molded my Wald spoiler and painter half my car. Dave is the owner and has been in business for at least 20 years.
Old 07-22-14, 07:56 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

If you're willing to drive to San Jose. Apex Auto Body has always worked on all my cars, family and friends also.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/apex-auto-bo...=apex+autobody
Old 07-22-14, 12:01 PM
USBISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

5Fifteen Auto in Burlingame. Sunny did a great job molding my Wald spoiler on my ISF.
Old 08-11-14, 08:47 AM
shookatash
Rookie

got my old car fixed at Carwest in Santa Clara. $22k worth of damage and it looks quite good after.

lifetime warranty, car washes, etc
Old 08-11-14, 09:01 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Definitely sunny in SF. They do excellent work and their out-of-pocket costs are a bit lower than the stealership recommendations.

I've been going for 8+ yrs and their the only recommendation I feel comfortable making. Their re-sprays are great.
Old 08-23-14, 12:06 AM
NiteCrawle
Driver School Candidate

Any reputable place to repair/paint a fiberglass bumper?
Old 08-23-14, 01:00 PM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Angry

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Panel Craft in Berkeley molded my Wald spoiler and painter half my car. Dave is the owner and has been in business for at least 20 years.
Sorry but I don't recommend this place. Took my car in to get an estimate and it took him a week for him to tell me what the estimate would be based on the outside. He told me to contact my insurance so that he see if there were damages inside. It took a week for the estimator to see the car. I went back again a week later and he said this is what the estimator quoted him. I left the car there for another week for him to tell me what the total estimate would be and he will send the additional estimates to the insurance company. Several times I tried to be nice and say I just want an simple estimate and i'll take the car back but he kept talking me into getting the job done there.

All i wanted was to get an estimate and it took 3-4 weeks. I was done with being nice and I told him I'm going to take it to a local shop by my place and I'll come get the car. (he wasnt too happy)

When I got the car back it was filthy with dust and dirty like it had been sitting under a tree for weeks. The inside of the car had a musty smell that last for almost 8months. They left a black oil skirt on the inside roof of the car and vanity mirror as if someone were pulling the mirror down with dirty fingers(stained). The bumper was falling off because they didn't properly put the bumper back on when they took it off to see the inside damages. The headlight housings were loose. And the worst part was they didn't even screw the undercarriage of the car completely back on and as I drove off it dangled. It eventually started scrapping on the road as I was driving home to Hayward. I end up having to cut a quarter portion of the plastic undercarriage off so it wouldnt get stuck under the wheel and rip the entire thing off.

I'm just 1 customer so feel free to go try Panel Craft out yourself.

Anyways,

I went to ASM Autobody in hayward. He talked to the insurance guy and got everything readjusted. I ended up getting more work done to the car than what was originally stated from Panel Craft. For example, I was even able to get my entire front end repainted. (In a previous accident the fenders, hood, and bumper paint job was horribly done). Had him paint my chrome trims around the headlights the same color as the car(no extra cost). I also had him paint my front grill, chrome trim around the grill, and emblem black(no extra cost).

The owner there is definitely about the customer and not just the trying to get your money. It took a month to get my car into the shop and back! He said I would have gotten it back sooner but my gf bought a body kit for the car and asked to get it installed before returning the car back to me as a birthday gift.
Old 08-25-14, 05:17 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aLexGS350
Sorry but I don't recommend this place. Took my car in to get an estimate and it took him a week for him to tell me what the estimate would be based on the outside. He told me to contact my insurance so that he see if there were damages inside. It took a week for the estimator to see the car. I went back again a week later and he said this is what the estimator quoted him. I left the car there for another week for him to tell me what the total estimate would be and he will send the additional estimates to the insurance company. Several times I tried to be nice and say I just want an simple estimate and i'll take the car back but he kept talking me into getting the job done there.

All i wanted was to get an estimate and it took 3-4 weeks. I was done with being nice and I told him I'm going to take it to a local shop by my place and I'll come get the car. (he wasnt too happy)

When I got the car back it was filthy with dust and dirty like it had been sitting under a tree for weeks. The inside of the car had a musty smell that last for almost 8months. They left a black oil skirt on the inside roof of the car and vanity mirror as if someone were pulling the mirror down with dirty fingers(stained). The bumper was falling off because they didn't properly put the bumper back on when they took it off to see the inside damages. The headlight housings were loose. And the worst part was they didn't even screw the undercarriage of the car completely back on and as I drove off it dangled. It eventually started scrapping on the road as I was driving home to Hayward. I end up having to cut a quarter portion of the plastic undercarriage off so it wouldnt get stuck under the wheel and rip the entire thing off.

I'm just 1 customer so feel free to go try Panel Craft out yourself.

Anyways,

I went to ASM Autobody in hayward. He talked to the insurance guy and got everything readjusted. I ended up getting more work done to the car than what was originally stated from Panel Craft. For example, I was even able to get my entire front end repainted. (In a previous accident the fenders, hood, and bumper paint job was horribly done). Had him paint my chrome trims around the headlights the same color as the car(no extra cost). I also had him paint my front grill, chrome trim around the grill, and emblem black(no extra cost).

The owner there is definitely about the customer and not just the trying to get your money. It took a month to get my car into the shop and back! He said I would have gotten it back sooner but my gf bought a body kit for the car and asked to get it installed before returning the car back to me as a birthday gift.
Sounds interesting. I'm wondering what was wrong with the car to begin with and did you drive it there? If you went through insurance then it really is up to the adjuster how long it should all take. I will be honest and tell you that you can never just "give an estimate" because you never know what you'll find once the inner portions of the car are exposed. Sorry to hear about your experience and happy to hear your outcome. I've seen multiple show care come from Panel Craft ( 2 of mine included) and have never had a problem with Dave.