Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

SpoCom Returns to NorCal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 04:32 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I may show up for this since it's so close!
Old 02-15-14, 10:19 PM
richng
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait for this great event!
Old 02-16-14, 12:58 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Isn't this the same show that was held in SJ and wasn't exactly up to everyone's standards with a pretty empty lot of mostly boring cars?
Old 02-19-14, 11:38 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Isn't this the same show that was held in SJ and wasn't exactly up to everyone's standards with a pretty empty lot of mostly boring cars?
Opinions aside... yes it was. I didn't go so I'm not co-signing on your comment. But what I do have to say is we really should support norcals efforts in producing shows. People from here helped organize it. Norcals car scene is in no comparison to socal. Something quality to attend almost every weekend during the summer time in socal. Here not so much. Spocom last year was during a street fair and this year it's in an enclosed event space. That tells you that the trial run in sj was successful enough to funnel more funds into a better show this year. I think no matter how much shows don't meet people expectation the car community should try to continue to support it. One way we can do that is to register and show our cars. If you don't think the cars were that great come out with something great for people to talk about. Now I don't know you, know if you yourself showed in sj at spocom, or have a dope lexus to show. I hope you don't take offense to what I've just said. I just hope norcal continues to support norcals efforts towards maintaining and growing the scene.
Old 02-20-14, 06:45 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
Opinions aside... yes it was. I didn't go so I'm not co-signing on your comment. But what I do have to say is we really should support norcals efforts in producing shows. People from here helped organize it. Norcals car scene is in no comparison to socal. Something quality to attend almost every weekend during the summer time in socal. Here not so much. Spocom last year was during a street fair and this year it's in an enclosed event space. That tells you that the trial run in sj was successful enough to funnel more funds into a better show this year. I think no matter how much shows don't meet people expectation the car community should try to continue to support it. One way we can do that is to register and show our cars. If you don't think the cars were that great come out with something great for people to talk about. Now I don't know you, know if you yourself showed in sj at spocom, or have a dope lexus to show. I hope you don't take offense to what I've just said. I just hope norcal continues to support norcals efforts towards maintaining and growing the scene.
Well said "lbintab". Remember that the Japantown Shukai was not a "Real" show, it started off as a big meet to generate hype to bring SpoCom back to NorCal. But, as I recall, it got bigger and bigger and then lead to awarding trophies...so people assumed it was a show. The real question is "What are you, me, we, doing as a community to support shows in NorCal?" Aside from SF Auto Salon, HIN, Wekfest and Blox, there is nothing else. Glad to see SpoCom coming back to NorCal.
Old 02-21-14, 09:40 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

I was not referring to the Japantown event but rather the show that was held indoors at the San Jose Convention center.

Anyways if the show can well done and have non-biased judging then I'm all for it, as others have stated it's always nice to have quality shows.

HIN is NOT a quality show by the way, at least not for true car guys
Old 02-21-14, 06:26 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

I was not referring to the Japantown event but rather the show that was held indoors at the San Jose Convention center.

Anyways if the show can well done and have non-biased judging then I'm all for it, as others have stated it's always nice to have quality shows.

True car guy
Old 02-21-14, 11:19 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rick,

That show and this show is being done by two TOTALLY different entities.
This show is also being thrown by a different staff from previous SpoCom shows thrown up here in NorCal as well.
Old 02-22-14, 08:04 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
True car guy
I know you are hardcore!

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
Rick,

That show and this show is being done by two TOTALLY different entities.
This show is also being thrown by a different staff from previous SpoCom shows thrown up here in NorCal as well.
Originally Posted by Nat
Well said "lbintab". Remember that the Japantown Shukai was not a "Real" show, it started off as a big meet to generate hype to bring SpoCom back to NorCal. But, as I recall, it got bigger and bigger and then lead to awarding trophies...so people assumed it was a show. The real question is "What are you, me, we, doing as a community to support shows in NorCal?" Aside from SF Auto Salon, HIN, Wekfest and Blox, there is nothing else. Glad to see SpoCom coming back to NorCal.
Cool, if it's a different group then I have good hope. I may bring a pair of toys to the show since it's been a while since I've been back in the car scene. The venue does look very nice I admit
Old 02-22-14, 09:09 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking forward to attending. These shows are always fun, does'nt matter if you win or lose are take a trophy home it all about the Nor Cal car scene not fading away. These shows take months to plans and the tons of people to run just the day of the show. I agree with the other 2 endless project members we should always support any local show if it is at possible.
Old 02-23-14, 04:25 PM
richng
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
True car guy
Old 02-23-14, 08:33 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice venue. We will definately attend this.
Old 03-14-14, 10:43 PM
SC510
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

right in my backyard. Gonna attend this for sure!
Old 03-15-14, 07:29 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

All these people say they are going but reg doesnt seem to be filling up too fast.
Old 04-07-14, 04:18 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraristo
All these people say they are going but reg doesnt seem to be filling up too fast.
registration is full

hope everyone can make it...

http://instagram.com/p/mW7PJSSQLn/

Quick Reply: SpoCom Returns to NorCal!!!