Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Best place install AirBagg in Bay Area?

Old 11-20-13, 12:01 AM
anhzie
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best place install AirBagg in Bay Area?

Hi guy! I need a shop to install this thing on my 3IS Does anybody know best place install air? and good deal? help thanks!
Old 11-20-13, 12:41 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Got mine installed today but you might need to check in the 2IS section or regional forum section
Old 11-20-13, 01:28 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

A Basic air install in the bay area is gonna cost you around 900-1800.00 easily. It all depends on what components are installed, and if your getting a garage install, or at a professional location. Air is something you want installed correctly, i.e. lines ran inside the car vs outside...etc because if not, you may run into problems such as bags deflating, pinched lines etc that can cause an accident.

At the end of the day if I were you, I would do some research with some shops etc and see what they charge, and ask what the install procedure includes. As the saying goes you get what you pay for. I wouldnt expect a $500.00 install to be equivalent to a $1000.00 install ---> Expect being the key word, as with anything there are exceptions...

Good Luck and post pictures of the car once done!
Old 11-20-13, 06:55 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine was installed by Carlin at Impact Performance in San Francisco. Looks like you have almost everything you need. What's dope about Impact is he doesn't nickle and dime you on fittings, etc. He'll tell you the install price based on what you want and that's it. Carlin did mine, Nat's and numerous other installs.

His number is 415-602-5338 (Carlin)
Old 11-20-13, 10:45 PM
Motivated1
Driver School Candidate

Where did you get your set up from and for how much? Thanks
Old 11-22-13, 09:07 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Impact Performance. Do it Right the first time!
Old 11-23-13, 12:12 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Try Because Bags, their quality of work is incredible!
Old 11-26-13, 10:25 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lbintab
Mine was installed by Carlin at Impact Performance in San Francisco. Looks like you have almost everything you need. What's dope about Impact is he doesn't nickle and dime you on fittings, etc. He'll tell you the install price based on what you want and that's it. Carlin did mine, Nat's and numerous other installs.

His number is 415-602-5338 (Carlin)
Didn't even know there is a reputable shop in SF. Near my house too.
Old 11-27-13, 09:37 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Another vouch for Carlin at Impact Performance. He has a booth this week at the SF Auto Salon show in the Moscone Center. My car along with a few other that he worked on will be on display. Check out his work first before making any commitment. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Nat; 11-27-13 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-27-13, 09:55 AM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

Do it right the FIRST time or not at all..........Impact Performance! Enough said.
Old 11-27-13, 09:59 AM
JasonChang
Lead Lap

You got ***** to buy new car, new air bags, bring it to carlin at impact is the way to go bro!
Old 01-11-14, 02:47 AM
falundir
Driver School Candidate

Sincere question:

I have been a part of the aftermarket scene for some time now and have an absolute monster of a Camaro to show for it. I have found that forum popular shops commonly fail to deliver when it comes to anything more complex than a body kit.

What is the honest feedback on Impact Performance for things beyond simple installs? (I consider air bags to be a simple install)
Old 01-11-14, 11:32 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by falundir
Sincere question:

I have been a part of the aftermarket scene for some time now and have an absolute monster of a Camaro to show for it. I have found that forum popular shops commonly fail to deliver when it comes to anything more complex than a body kit.

What is the honest feedback on Impact Performance for things beyond simple installs? (I consider air bags to be a simple install)
I know Carlin the owner personally and is a friend. What are you referring to in your question?
Old 01-12-14, 10:26 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by falundir
Sincere question:

I'm not sure what you're really referring to... The OP clearly states he was looking for a shop to do an air install. With what's pictured it's air struts and accuair management. Making custom mounts to mount up level sensors where level sensors weren't meant to be isn't easy. Not all air installs are a like and not all installers are a like. I would consider an air install a more than just a simple install. A lot of things to consider when installing air. Not only do you have to consider what car you're working on but you have to consider the driver and their wants. Making their wants work with their car isn't always possible but I feel Impact Performance considers all these things during a consultation. Impact will often replace inferior parts that sometimes come with air kits with more reliable ones...depending on the cost it may or may not reflect on the final bill. I see your point on forum popular shops failing to deliver but I would also consider who is vouching for the shop. Everyone who's vouched for Impact Performance in this thread alone are reputable people.
Old 01-13-14, 10:35 AM
falundir
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lbintab
I'm not sure what you're really referring to... The OP clearly states he was looking for a shop to do an air install. With what's pictured it's air struts and accuair management. Making custom mounts to mount up level sensors where level sensors weren't meant to be isn't easy. Not all air installs are a like and not all installers are a like. I would consider an air install a more than just a simple install. A lot of things to consider when installing air. Not only do you have to consider what car you're working on but you have to consider the driver and their wants. Making their wants work with their car isn't always possible but I feel Impact Performance considers all these things during a consultation. Impact will often replace inferior parts that sometimes come with air kits with more reliable ones...depending on the cost it may or may not reflect on the final bill. I see your point on forum popular shops failing to deliver but I would also consider who is vouching for the shop. Everyone who's vouched for Impact Performance in this thread alone are reputable people.
Exactly the answer I was looking for.

For a quick background on why I asked this question -

The forums I come from have a VERY popular NorCal shop that people swear by just because the owner is a cool guy. However every car he has touched, that I am aware of, has resulted in failure in anything outside of a body kit.

I spent over $5k fixing failed cam and suspension installs. Another guy spent over $100,000 on a FI build that should of net over 1,100 hp. It never got over 668rwhp and has been undrivable for 95% of the time.

So you can understand why I am always wary of forum popular shops. I finally found a great LS based shop, but that took too long. If I dig into the IS350 I will probably have to sit in the shop for a week and watch them before I trust them with my car =p

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best place install AirBagg in Bay Area?