Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Best place install AirBagg in Bay Area?

Old 01-13-14, 11:13 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by falundir
Exactly the answer I was looking for.

For a quick background on why I asked this question -

The forums I come from have a VERY popular NorCal shop that people swear by just because the owner is a cool guy. However every car he has touched, that I am aware of, has resulted in failure in anything outside of a body kit.

I spent over $5k fixing failed cam and suspension installs. Another guy spent over $100,000 on a FI build that should of net over 1,100 hp. It never got over 668rwhp and has been undrivable for 95% of the time.

So you can understand why I am always wary of forum popular shops. I finally found a great LS based shop, but that took too long. If I dig into the IS350 I will probably have to sit in the shop for a week and watch them before I trust them with my car =p
What is a "LS based shop"? I am going to vouch for Impact again. If you like, you are more then welcome to check out my car before going to Impact. PM me and we can meet up somewhere.
Old 01-13-14, 08:01 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by falundir
Exactly the answer I was looking for.

For a quick background on why I asked this question -

The forums I come from have a VERY popular NorCal shop that people swear by just because the owner is a cool guy. However every car he has touched, that I am aware of, has resulted in failure in anything outside of a body kit.

I spent over $5k fixing failed cam and suspension installs. Another guy spent over $100,000 on a FI build that should of net over 1,100 hp. It never got over 668rwhp and has been undrivable for 95% of the time.

So you can understand why I am always wary of forum popular shops. I finally found a great LS based shop, but that took too long. If I dig into the IS350 I will probably have to sit in the shop for a week and watch them before I trust them with my car =p

Are you referring to an American LS motor? Impact usually does more imports but don't doubt he can do some American motor work also. He isn't a machine shop or anything of that major swap nature but he does have knowledge of turbo and superchargers. If you have an IS350 I can tell you all that can be done to that car is air intake, headers, mid pipe, exhaust, supercharger for 5K and never street legal and only about 8lbs of boost because the Lexus ECU can't be cracked. Theres only one guy in FL that I've seen do an LS3 motor swap himself.