Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Possible relocation to Bay Area, have questions about housing,car mods and weapons.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-13, 10:10 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Ive lived in Fremont since 1992... pretty awesome place overall. Housing is expensive, so i wouldnt plan to buy anytime soon.. ive been outbid by $70k+ on each of the last few houses ive put offers on (and my offers were 10% over asking). Tint and no front plate will get you pulled over quick in the bay area... Guns are fine here, as long as you stick to the law.. no high-cap magazines, etc. I recently built a nice AR-15.. no issues..
Old 10-21-13, 12:09 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
Check out Castro Valley, Pleasanton , Livermore, San Bruno, San Mateo as well. Those are within the commute range you're looking at.
I agree with these places to check out... from the sounds of it, you have some money or atleast a good paying job. I know if I got paid a little better, I'd go to Pleasanton and find a house with a pool.... weather is nicer, wineries close by, cute little down town, lots of shopping close by (stoneridge and livermore outlets) lots of events at the fair grounds from county fairs, hot august nights, etc
Old 10-22-13, 09:39 PM
Vprracr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hills behind Fremont is a nice area, very different from the flat land.
Old 10-23-13, 09:50 PM
Vprracr
Driver School Candidate

I
Oh ok I'm fine with just handguns, I will look up to see if CA allows concealed carry.

Almost impossible to get in the Bay Area unless you are well connected with the Police Chief of your town.
Old 10-30-13, 06:33 PM
toytrain13
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely consider the East Bay "beyone the (Caldecott) tunnel:" Walnut Creek, Concord, Pleasant Hill, and Clayton. These are very nice places to live, with good schools.
Old 10-31-13, 11:10 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by toytrain13
Definitely consider the East Bay "beyone the (Caldecott) tunnel:" Walnut Creek, Concord, Pleasant Hill, and Clayton. These are very nice places to live, with good schools.
Driving to Fremont from the valley over there is like an hour+ commute during rush hour
Old 10-31-13, 07:15 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraristo
Lol, my supra is all stock.
i heard you're getting an FRS soon
Old 11-03-13, 01:19 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
i heard you're getting an FRS soon
Yup! Just waiting to take delivery
Old 11-04-13, 12:53 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks for all the responses, it's still up in the air now as to whether I'll move. Will know for sure Spring next year.
Old 11-04-13, 03:13 PM
510to808
Pole Position

fremont, union city, i'd stay outta hayward, oakland, i live in san leandro, nice little city between oakland and hayward. best city for commuting, close to the freeways, bart, frisco is 25 minutes away, gun shows are held out cow palace/ check online.
Old 11-04-13, 03:16 PM
510to808
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I agree with these places to check out... from the sounds of it, you have some money or atleast a good paying job. I know if I got paid a little better, I'd go to Pleasanton and find a house with a pool.... weather is nicer, wineries close by, cute little down town, lots of shopping close by (stoneridge and livermore outlets) lots of events at the fair grounds from county fairs, hot august nights, etc
second this, if money is no problem the valley aka dublin,pleasonton, livermore, blackhawk, danville are the nicest houses with lots of stuff to do and raise a family.
Old 11-06-13, 11:35 PM
RoverBoi88
Pole Position

im local in fremont, up in the mission hills. Been here all my life, love everything about it. No matter where you are in Cali, weather is most bueno and blue skies are always around. the views are superb and the atmosphere is amazing. People say its boring with absolutely nothing to do, but in reality, Pacific Commons is getting done up nicely, the weather is a nice mix of bay breeze and inland temp... so in reality (rarely need AC or the heater). All amenities are very close-by, as you will know, Costco, Safeway, schooling, Starbucks, fast food joints, Frys Electronics are all less than 5 miles away so its very convenient. Living in Fremont is pricey, but of course has its perks. 98% asian demographics (based from my high school) one of the best schools around (Mission San Jose High, Irvington High). Mission Peak in the background for nice weekend hikes. My family does have a spare house at the moment (new and empty) and we are debating whether we want to move into it or rent it out... so do let me know when you are planning to move over, and ill ask them what they want to do with the house... usually a 3000+ sqft home runs about 3-5k in rent...