Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

AFTERMATH: FnRR Meet - June 7th - SANTA CLARA

Old 06-08-13, 10:20 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dee8
I actually invited her but she couldn't make it out. I usually don't rock boats and don't say a lot back and I know we usually joke and jest, but for someone who has yet to come out - and I can't speak for her - but I don't think that all the poking fun that we do of her could possibly make someone feel welcome to come out. =\

Thanks to Jonny for picking Butter and Zeus! Om nom nom delicious!
The moment Nancy comes out to a meet, I'm sure most people will stop giving her a hard time. The whole reason people give her a hard time is because she keeps talking about meeting up, yet, to this day no one has seen her at a meet.... especially all this "lets meet up in SJ" stuff she's been talking about! (And we've done HELLA SJ meets... just saying) I honestly hope she comes out to a meet one of these days...

And I need to see this MRM IS you speak of!!!!!!!

Last edited by GiantsFan; 06-08-13 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-08-13, 11:21 PM
mrkim
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm done with the meets... unless a certain someone will do a tech day to his wife's stock IS... LOL or widebody a certain GS...
Old 06-09-13, 02:22 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW.. one meet and your done... serious? What happened? no one was impressed by your sleeper 600HP IS?

...and if you want to start calling people out after knowing them for less than 5 mins... then i'll start by calling you out and say.. if you want a tech day... we should have a tech day with YOUR car as the main display. Ever since 2006 when the 2nd gen IS was introduced... people have been looking for ways to manage and remap their ECU.

Now all of a sudden.. 3 month's ago.. you come out of no where "claiming" that you have figured out a way to "TUNE" and piggyback your ECU and with some never heard of SUPER rare TRD engine performance parts and be able to gain 300+ HP... which is something we would ALL love to see. But instead of offering any sort of productive reply's... all we see are a bunch of self centered non constructive comments which makes believing you very difficult.

So with that said... pick a date and let's set up a TECH DAY.

Now... if we are comparing that "certain someone's" wife's IS to yours.. then in my opinion... IF you're getting 587.9HP on 91 octane.. then she must be getting 485.9HP on 91 octane.. i see that both of you are running the same stock exhaust system and tow hook license plate mod.

Here's a friendly word of advice.. This isn't honda-tech... you don't have to lie to kick it. Everyone here welcomes everyone regardless if their car's are modded or stock. But you will get some negative feedback if you come on here and troll and/or if you are FOS.

But hey... i'll give you the benefit of the doubt... maybe your best friend who "tuned" your IS lied to you and you did't know any better. But if you still want to do that tech day... feel free to PM me and i'll help set something up.
Old 06-09-13, 02:49 AM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol.. well 587.9HP is way more / faster than my old v10 gallardo..... but you know, tuning does a lot.. if you can tune a stock IS350 engine to 587.9HP, Can i cut you a check right now to license your tuning technology? I'm not doubting that tuning can be good, but pushing almost 300 hp on top of a stock engine is pretty crazy. My biggest concern is that your engine compartment looks very stock.. with that much horsepower you really need to make sure your engine compartment doesn't overheat.... and you have the necessary cooling stuff installed, especially if youre taking your fam in it. safety first. here's a pic of my engine (minus the air duct)

i'm running a jdm piggyback and cant seem to get the numbers down right. the tuning engineers from japan flew in from Tom's Racing to tune the first NA/JDM engine piggyback and we're only able to squeeze a few hp out of it without being unsafe..

anyhow, im down for a tech day.... Mike has a dyno at Mann i think...

Last edited by LSCJJ; 06-09-13 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-09-13, 03:03 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

^ or if you want to run lmk (legally of course) ill call out a couple of buddies who will get a kick out of a 500 hp IS. or we can opt to use my IS350 or GS350

Old 06-09-13, 03:27 AM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

did they sell the scud yet?
Old 06-09-13, 08:42 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Lol there must have been some good conversations at this meet. Lets us all know when you run um so we can make a meet out of it.
Old 06-09-13, 10:01 AM
Mikeyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr.Kim

If you want to do a tech day, its like what ISCJonny said, we'll set one up and have you come out as main display, Numerous people on this forum including me works for shops that specialize in high performance vehicles, and I would love to bring my tuners in so they can study your 600 hp stock car

Speaking of which, they're actually flying in from Europe at the end of June, how about we put your car on the dyno and see what kind of power it really puts out
Old 06-10-13, 11:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

everyone back on the topic please, this is not a pissing contest

Originally Posted by mrkim
Well I'm done with the meets... unless a certain someone will do a tech day to his wife's stock IS... LOL or widebody a certain GS...
mrkim, please exit this thread. your post was not constructive and it's a clear bait and also disrespect to people who started this. we are not going to allow this kind of attitude here. if you want please read about sense of community throughout clublexus

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-is-forum.html

if you can't do that then this is not the place for you
Old 06-10-13, 01:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

no more referral to mrkim's post
Old 06-10-13, 08:46 PM
Rachelleee
Rookie

Looks like a great time!
Bummed I couldn't make it!
I'll be at the next one!
Old 06-10-13, 10:37 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice seeing you guys! Good restaurant choice Jon.
Old 06-10-13, 11:19 PM
8ll8lack
Pole Position

Sucked I was working. But good location! I like that place.