Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Transportation from Hayward to Jack London Square Amtrak

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-12, 08:56 AM
redlex15
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transportation from Hayward to Jack London Square Amtrak

Hello,

Hopefully I can get some help from the norcal group. I'm flying up to oakland this friday morning. Then friday night I will be needing a ride from Hayward to Jack London Square Amtrak in Oakland. I tried looking for taxis but the reviews on yelp were not very good. I tried contacting Marvin Town Car service and Go Cab Co, but they're booked. Any other companies you guys recommend. I need to be at the train station by 8:30 pm and want to pay around 50-70 bucks for two people.

Thanks
Francis
Old 12-12-12, 09:49 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can take BART from the Hayward station to the Downtown Oakland station.

Google Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) for details and station locations. Trains run around every 15 min.

Cost of BART is roughy $3 per person.

There are cabs in downtown Oakland that can take you 5 min to Jack London Square.

Your other choice is to take the Bus of which many lines go downtown. Look up AC Transit and check out what line goes to Jack London. Again this is a 10 min bus ride down Broadway, no turns or other streets to go as Jack London Square is located at the end of Broadway.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 12-12-12 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-12-12, 10:49 AM
redlex15
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much. Looks like I can take the BART from hayward to Lake Merritt Oakland Station and then a cab to Jack London Square.

Is the BART safe at night? How about Jack London Square?
Old 12-12-12, 11:05 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by redlex15
Thank you very much. Looks like I can take the BART from hayward to Lake Merritt Oakland Station and then a cab to Jack London Square.

BART is like any other public transportation... you never know what you're going to see! lol Jack London Sqr is nice and they're really trying to develop the surrounding neighborhood with luxury condo's and lofts. If you're taking a cab directly from bart to jack london sqr, you'll be fine.
Old 12-12-12, 11:32 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by redlex15

BART is fine, but as mentioned it is public transportation. It is very well lit, clean and after 6pm the trains will be quite empty of commuters.

Lake Merrit is a bit far and IMO ess safe than 12th. 12th street is the closest to Jack london and it let's you off on 12th and Broadway. Broadway is the street that takes you to Jack London . Just go down 12 blocks.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&qs...ed=0CCsQ8gEwAA

Technically you could walk that distance, but walking at night with suit cases, you might be a target for pan handlers and opportunists. Broadway is like any big city. Plenty of people out there all day and night, but as the evening rolls the people out there are a little more sketchy.

Jack London is actually a nice tourist spot with some nice restaurants. You might want to arrive early, it would be a bit safer and you can enjoy a nice dinner. I like Yoshi's for Japanese food. Again Google it for more info.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 12-12-12 at 11:38 AM.