Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Real haunted house (Senter & Hellyer)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-12, 11:45 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

why would you wanna buy that house?
Old 11-01-12, 04:51 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is kinda scary..
Old 11-01-12, 10:10 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

oh yeah. this is a corner house. it has two big boulders in the front i think. it's been rumored as haunted house for a long time now....
Old 11-01-12, 10:17 PM
leedoobert
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe if you park your car in the garage it'll get possessed...
Old 11-01-12, 11:07 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by don
You'll know once you move in

But it's CA law for the realtor to disclose to you if there was a death in the house within 3 years of purchase. But them spirits might linger for longer than that.
Yeah, this came up when we were looking at another house in San Jose. Old lady died in there and I wasn't that bothered by that, however, my wife was... haha Had that not have happened we would have bought that house.
Old 11-01-12, 11:07 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I grew up a block down from this house, and this is the first time I'm hearing this
Old 11-04-12, 05:58 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kumquatism
I grew up a block down from this house, and this is the first time I'm hearing this
the ghost will come and haunt you
Old 11-06-12, 11:09 PM
adl16v
Pole Position

http://oluckyasian2nite.xanga.com/42233919/item/

some other places if your into that stuff
Old 11-17-12, 03:27 PM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by adl16v
http://oluckyasian2nite.xanga.com/42233919/item/

some other places if your into that stuff
damn! xanga?

but I live a few blocks away from this house and It looks like a normal house except for the cement pillars blocking the driveway
Old 12-18-12, 11:03 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Interesting. I work not far from the HELLyer House and have driven past it MANY times. Never heard this story, not even while in HS which is usually when all these tales are told.

I am glad to see the bad spirits are civilized enough to take the trash out. My bet is that someone lives there who does not believe or care about the history but prefers to stay private because of it. Closed windows, car in garage, etc. Or its a grow house.

Pic is from the video. You can see the parking block was removed from the right side of the driveway probably to make way for a car to get in and out.
Attached Thumbnails Real haunted house (Senter & Hellyer)-snap-2012-12-18-at-10.53.47.jpg  
Old 04-02-13, 04:32 PM
8ll8lack
Pole Position

last I heard the City is going take over this house. Turn it into another Winchester house???
Old 04-02-13, 06:24 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drove by that house on Hellyer many many times.. always lights inside the house at night.

Old 04-02-13, 08:15 PM
mrkim
Banned

Originally Posted by don
No not talking about the Winchester house. I was researching on buying houses and found a some houses to avoid lol. Apparently, this one is is pretty well-known. There's a house on the corner of Senter and Hellyer. I guess people call it the Senter of Hell.

I guess the story is a teenage girl hung herself in the garage. But all "haunted" stories are like that right?
The blinds are always closed, the gate is closed, there's a stone enclosure in the front yard in shape of a tomb, boulders placed around the property (probably so you can't park on the sidewalk and open your door) and one of those parking cement things on the drive way so you can't drive in.

You can find plenty of stories if you just google it.

Here's a google map to it:
http://goo.gl/maps/b2Pnl

Since it's Halloween, maybe someone is willing to report
okay so... I live very close to that place... I can honestly tell you this... 21 years living near that place... I have NEVER seen anyone live in that house... I've driven by there thousands of times... I AM SERIOUS NO ONE HAS EVER LIVED THERE... the only time you ever seen any life form that comes close to that house would be during christmas someone puts a strip of lights... thats it...

rumors has it that a family once moved in there... all woke up in the garage and the husband kept hearing some voice to murder and ended up killing his family...
Old 04-13-13, 12:36 AM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

IN for more info on this house
Old 04-13-13, 02:04 AM
elevate
Rookie

There's a bunch of stories/rumors that revolve around this house, especially in the asian (mostly Vietnamese) community. One of them has already been mentioned, the girl hanging herself in the garage.

Another one is that a woman that used to live there went crazy and burned the house down with the family in it, herself included. After the fire was put out, on one of the fences surrounding the house, they noticed that there was a "screaming face" etched into the wood by the fire.

I'm not too sure if this rumor is true since a couple of people always mix this story up but it involves a couple living in the house and one went crazy, killed the other, and buried them in the living room. I either hear that its the husband killing the wife then burying her or vice versa.

Not too sure what to take from them but these were the rumors I've heard. You can probably do some digging on google and find out the truth about everything but quite frankly I'm too lazy to

Quick Reply: Real haunted house (Senter & Hellyer)