Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

HIDs legal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-12, 05:23 PM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
in regards to color, just 2 weeks ago I had a friend get pulled over for having green hid's (in factory hid projectors) as well have I with purple in projectors. But color shouldnt be the question here, brightness will "**** off" a cop faster than color.

Its really a toss up and probably more towards the no with cops buggin. If the car is stock and not 'tricked out', she'll more likely be fine.
yea, her car is completely stock. very very dirty and stock. i would wash it for her but damn it probably gonna take up the whole day.. maybe more if i was to treat it like my car.
Old 08-06-12, 12:06 AM
norcal2jz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lexury530
It depends on the city you're in because bigger cities have more to worry about than just citing people for lights. In my town they tried to sight me for impersonating a police officer in my sisters 2GS becuase the inner headlight night time running bulbs were barely baby blue. I think it all comes down to where you live and the local police and whether they'll make giving citations such as shown above a priority. Cops will be asses for no reason if they want. So play it safe.
I agree, I live in sf and I cant count the amount of cars with aftermarket HIDS i see everyday.cops here in the city have more important things to worry about than lighting on a car..