Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Reputable bay area bodyshop anyone?

Old 02-21-12, 09:08 PM
InitialJ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reputable bay area bodyshop anyone?

Earlier today, I was driving in Downtown San Mateo (Ellsworth and 2nd avenue), and was behind a raised Toyota FJ Cruiser. The guy was probably running late for work and desperate for parking. 3-4 parking spots later, a car was getting out and this moron decides to reverse his car as fast as possible to take that spot and rams into my car after honking at him. After he hits my car he tells me to fallow him and runs a yellow, but I still fallow him. Later, he tries to bribe me with a check of $1700 because he didn't want his insurance involved. I still went the insurance route and still waiting for his crappy farmers insurance to call me.

As far as damage, my hood is dented in, altezza grill is broken, and my driver side head light doesn't work. I'm not sure anything in my engine or frame is messed up yet.

Can anybody refer me to a reputable body shop or should I just bring it to the stealership since his insurance is paying for everything? Hopefully his insurance will give me a decent amount, so I can get some body work done to fit my new wheels.

Old 02-21-12, 09:41 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for your incident, but I'd be concerned that he will tell his insurance that you hit him, especially since he already sounded like a shady guy.

Do you have any evidence to support the fact that he reversed into you? Just food for thought, since the longer time goes by the less you may be able to recover any proof. An independent witness that saw the accident would be best, otherwise it's your word against his.

Good Luck.
Old 02-21-12, 09:56 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

i do all my work at Reliance Auto Body in san jose:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/reliance-aut...paint-san-jose
Old 02-21-12, 09:56 PM
InitialJ
Rookie

Thanks for the advice RMMGS4, this was my first accident and I wasn't sure on what exactly to do. I wish I had a witness during the accident. But I already filed a claim with his insurance company and with mine on what happened. I did mention he offered to pay check when it happened which obviously meant he was liable and both insurances filed it on their claims. I hope that is enough information so he doesn't try to reverse it on me.
Old 02-21-12, 09:59 PM
InitialJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
i do all my work at Reliance Auto Body in san jose:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/reliance-aut...paint-san-jose

I'll give Reliance Autobody a call tomorrow. I think repainting my whole car might be a better option since, I do have alot of paint chips from previous hit and runs. -_-
Old 02-21-12, 10:43 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Sorry bout the accident.. I agree with Glen, he could turn the story around and say you hit him from the back. Hopefully he will take responsibility of the accident.

On a side note, my friend had a 2IS which got into a front end accident and went to B2Perfection in Sunnyvale. They did an awesome job repairing the car, updating via email along the process and also gave a full car detailing after the work has been done.

Here's their yelp review:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/b2-perfectio...body-sunnyvale

Hope it helps.
Old 02-21-12, 11:27 PM
melski415
Lead Lap

I got a body shop in daly city that ive been going to since 98'. One of my reps hit my car a few months ago and my boy hooked me up. If youve set a claim up and the other guy is accepting responsibilty, you can and should get your free rental. Pm me if youre interested

Last edited by melski415; 02-21-12 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-21-12, 11:40 PM
leedoobert
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I second Cary's recommendation to go with Reliance Auto Body...Tony & Tracy are both 2 of the nicest people I know!!

They will make your car right once again
Old 02-22-12, 10:08 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by leedoobert
I second Cary's recommendation to go with Reliance Auto Body...Tony & Tracy are both 2 of the nicest people I know!!

yeah... they did the work on my LS460 and also the initial work on the IS F as well

tell um we sent you and they'll be sure to make you happy

Old 02-22-12, 10:54 AM
LamTheSham
Pole Position

H&H in Oakland! They do good work for a good price. :P
Old 02-22-12, 02:05 PM
InitialJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
yeah... they did the work on my LS460 and also the initial work on the IS F as well

tell um we sent you and they'll be sure to make you happy

Thanks for all the advice guys. I just talk with the guys insurance and they want me to wait until next month to determine all this garbage. So, I'm going to pay the $500 deductible from my insurance and bring it to my shop of choice and let the two insurance companies settle it themselves.

I really want to bring my IS to Reliance in SJ, but I'd have to get it towed on a flatbed from Daly City.
Old 02-22-12, 07:12 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by leedoobert

I 3rd Cary's recommendation. All the work on my LS460 has been done by Reliance. Excellent work...good price...awesome service.
Old 02-22-12, 08:17 PM
tianh
Pole Position

I get all my work done at Apex Autobody in San Jose, they do great work. Talk to Paul and tell him Alex sent you.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/apex-auto-bo...pex%20autobody
Old 02-23-12, 09:31 AM
bweezy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nat
I 3rd Cary's recommendation. All the work on my LS460 has been done by Reliance. Excellent work...good price...awesome service.
I 4th Reliance as well, they fixed my JDM bumper a few months back when I was involved in a hit and run. Talk to Tracy and she'll take care of you
Old 02-23-12, 09:51 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone has their go-to guy for car shops...

As long as you stick with a highly rated one, you should be pretty OK. I am sure all of the recommended ones are top notch. If you are near the San Jose area, then you can try German Auto Body.

I take my car to German Auto Body in San Jose. When I first got my car after 1 week from the dealer (brand new), someone backed up into the rear passenger. The shop replaced my door with a new factory door and fixed the rear fender. Alignment and paint match was spot one with no hints of previous accident.

I brought in a second time when wife's co-worker slammed the door into the wall... German Auto Body touched up the paint and install 3m clear bra for FREE.

John will take care of you are German Auto Body.

Here's the yelp reviews:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/german-auto-body-santa-clara

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reputable bay area bodyshop anyone?