Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

EOS-X, who does this ISx50 F-Sport belong to?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-11, 04:23 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EOS-X, who does this ISx50 F-Sport belong to?

Going through the pictures of the EOS-X meet and looked like a great meet. Great looking cars and something that caught my eye is this blue ISx50 F-Sport. I notice it has the swift/altec license plate holder in the lower grill. Not sure if this is the non-motorized or motorized model, but noticed it sticks out quite a bit in the front when "hidden". I'm looking to get the motorized model and put it in the same place and just want to ask if it can be further in without interupting the sliding mechanism. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails EOS-X, who does this ISx50 F-Sport belong to?-6206769728_b5270860fa.jpg  
Old 10-10-11, 09:43 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not sure, but it might be Ryan's (RTIS250). He has a USB 2011 F-Sport.
Old 10-10-11, 09:48 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not Ryan's... he was parked next to me
Old 10-10-11, 10:09 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mariano (Sffd103) has the motorized version on his car.... doesn't stick out from what I can see...

(Pic below)
Old 10-10-11, 10:11 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Old 10-10-11, 10:24 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ I guess it really comes to the installer...

I'm guessing there maybe some custom alignment work that needs to be done in order to make it flush.
Old 10-10-11, 10:59 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That is not Ryan's car. Don't know his name but he PM'd me about it. He didn't want to pay the $160 installation fee from my shop so he decided to go to another place. This was his outcome. Does NOT look good in my opinion. My installer is very good and experienced. He had to do some cutting of the metal inside of the car to make it sit flush. The bar that the plate slides on in pretty long and goes in pretty deep. This is why the company advertises it under the car. mine sits perfectly flush. hope this helps MrBBQ.
Old 10-10-11, 05:23 PM
krazyboi12
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sffd103
That is not Ryan's car. Don't know his name but he PM'd me about it. He didn't want to pay the $160 installation fee from my shop so he decided to go to another place. This was his outcome. Does NOT look good in my opinion. My installer is very good and experienced. He had to do some cutting of the metal inside of the car to make it sit flush. The bar that the plate slides on in pretty long and goes in pretty deep. This is why the company advertises it under the car. mine sits perfectly flush. hope this helps MrBBQ.
That's me. I looked at the place you suggested but it was a bit too far for me, so I went to a different place and they said that was the best they could do with it.... I've been meaning to get it fixed but haven't had the time or money to do it

Last edited by krazyboi12; 10-10-11 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-10-11, 06:05 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks, I think whoever did his install just stuck it in as far in until it hit the center vertical metal brace, bracket it on and called it a day. Swift motorsports said you need at least 9 inches of clearance for the sliding mechanism. Just went out and did some measurements. The center vertical metal brace is shaped like an L, with the protruding portion towards the front of the car. From the center top of the lower grill where it meets the bumper to the backend of vertical brace measures 9.25 inch. From the same spot of the lower grill to the protruding portion of the vertical brace measures 8.5 inches. I suspect this protruding portion is causing the clearance issues and not letting the sliding mechanism sit far back enough so it sticks out in the front. This is probably what Sffd103 is talking about, that they had to modify the vertical brace so it can sit further back.

Sffd103 or krazyboi12, if possible can you measure the exact length of the sliding mechanism. That would be of great help before I buy this so I have an idea how much of the vertical brace I will need to modify for it to be a clean install. Sorry one more question, does the motorized license plate unit allow for hardwired buttons? Doesn't say anything about it other than operating it by the wireless remotes. It'll be easier to hit a button than fumble with remotes when I need to flip the plate. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MrBBQ; 10-10-11 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-11-11, 01:27 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

MrBBQ, I had my vertical bar cut to make it all fit. Don't know if you want to do that. I'll measure later.
Old 10-11-11, 11:46 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

MrBBQ, I had my vertical bar cut to make it all fit. Don't know if you want to do that. I'll measure later.
Thanks, greatly appreciated. I did some more research on hardwiring the unit, and read out that the unit operates in foward and reverse as long as you hold down the corresponding button. I thought it was a simple button press to show and hide the plate but appears you have to hold down the corresponding button until it completes the process of showing the plate or hiding the plate. In this sense, the wireless unit isn't even needed. Can hook up a switch in foward and reverse polarity to show and hide the plate since the wireless unit doesn't switch off until you release the remote button. Kinda cheap imo.. they should have made it an automatic process to track/retrack the sliding mechanism, not holding the button down until the process is complete else it would stop..
Old 10-12-11, 07:26 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

I measured 8.5" as well. It's tight in there. I asked my alarm shop too about having an interior button, but I never did it.
Old 10-12-11, 08:31 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

I measured 8.5" as well. It's tight in there. I asked my alarm shop too about having an interior button, but I never did it.
Thanks for your help , greatly appreciated. I think only a bit of cutting is needed to fit it cleanly. I'm gonna order this and do a hardwire install. Seems doable with a dpdt switch. Will look into other options to automate the flip process, probably with limit switches. Will keep you guys updated in the 2IS section.
Old 10-12-11, 04:44 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

i have this kit in my garage... its been ther for almost a year since mariano told me where to get it.. and i still havent installed it LOL
Old 10-12-11, 05:19 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UV
i have this kit in my garage... its been ther for almost a year since mariano told me where to get it.. and i still havent installed it LOL
You should install it Johnson!!!.

Quick Reply: EOS-X, who does this ISx50 F-Sport belong to?