Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

headlight restoration!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-11, 01:37 PM
tedward88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight restoration!

I was looking for someone to restore my headlights and foglights in the bay area and Ryan (RTIS250) recommended me Immaculate Reflections. Jeff usually works around south bay and Sacramento area, but he took the time to drive all the way out here to where I live (Hayward) and made sure when he would be arriving.

Jeff did a very good job, I watched him do almost the whole restoration (I was working from home at the same time) He took his time and carefully inspected the headlights like a professional detailer would do. He carefully masked around the headlights so he wouldn't harm my paint. After he was finished restoring the headlights and foglights, he applied some sort of sealant and he warranties it for as long as you own the car!

Some background about my car, I just recently bought this car it has over 100k miles on it and has been driven by the previous owner to and back from Santa Rosa to Sacramento most of those miles. So with that many miles, the headlight and foglights, they needed the restoration badly. It seemed like the previous owner tried to get the headlights restored as well, but came out terrible.

So here are the before:

After:

I'm not advertising for him (well kinda am, but just really excited how nice my car looks now by just restoring the headlights) but I know there are looking here who have worst or just as bad headlights as I did this was well worth the investment!

Jeff's write up http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78066

Last edited by tedward88; 08-29-11 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-29-11, 01:46 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice work!
Old 08-29-11, 03:41 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great now!! I had pretty beat up headlights before, and after getting them restored, they look amazing!
Old 08-29-11, 04:58 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

lol, I assume you mean Ryan (RTIS250), not Ray.

I've been meaning to get Jeff to detail my car one of these days, looks like I should have him fix up my headlights too.
Old 08-29-11, 05:31 PM
tedward88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AznJason

I've been meaning to get Jeff to detail my car one of these days, looks like I should have him fix up my headlights too.
haha yea thanks for catching that. yea jeff does awesome detailing, its too bad i don't have a garage for him to work in, otherwise i'd get him to do a full detail on my car as well. time to look for once i guess
Old 08-29-11, 06:54 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

they look great now!!
Old 08-29-11, 07:07 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Glad everything worked out! They look great! You definitely wont regret it if you let him do a full detail, hes the only one i let touch my cars!
Old 08-29-11, 09:32 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

hmm tempting!!
Old 09-06-11, 08:14 PM
7MGTEPOWA
Rookie

Just go to wall-mart and buy a bottle of scratch and scuff remover for auto paint make sure your not getting a highly abbrasive one (should be less than 5 dollars) and use it on your headlights..with nice clean cloth and bam works better than anything else! And costs a couple bucks and works wonders.. I use it all the time and im amazed on how it works..
Old 09-07-11, 03:55 PM
tedward88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 7MGTEPOWA
Just go to wall-mart and buy a bottle of scratch and scuff remover for auto paint make sure your not getting a highly abbrasive one (should be less than 5 dollars) and use it on your headlights..with nice clean cloth and bam works better than anything else! And costs a couple bucks and works wonders.. I use it all the time and im amazed on how it works..
I can't say all headlights are the same condition so yours might've not been as bad as mine, but mine were in VERY terrible condition. PLUS Jeff gives a lifetime warranty as long as you own the car, he said he'll do it again for free if it ever goes bad
Old 11-27-11, 03:30 PM
GoFast908Z
Driver School Candidate

After some urging, I finally joined up here, so thought I'd answer some questions and lend a hand where needed

Originally Posted by AznJason

I'd love to take car of it for you. Just let me know!

Originally Posted by RTIS250
Glad everything worked out! They look great! You definitely wont regret it if you let him do a full detail, hes the only one i let touch my cars!
Thanks for the referral Ryan!

What works for one set of headlights will not always work for all headlights. Some plastics polish out easier than others. You're also not getting any permanent sealant to protect the lenses from deteriorating again.

Originally Posted by tedward88
I can't say all headlights are the same condition so yours might've not been as bad as mine, but mine were in VERY terrible condition. PLUS Jeff gives a lifetime warranty as long as you own the car, he said he'll do it again for free if it ever goes bad
Thats correct. The coating I used is called Opti-Coat by Optimum. For those that need convincing of its merits, do a search on Autopia or Autogeek for it and you'll see how amazing and legit this stuff is. Its not like the snake oil they try to sell at the dealerships.
Old 11-27-11, 08:12 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

wow those headlights look 100x better!
Old 11-28-11, 12:44 AM
RoverBoi88
Pole Position

flawless!!! i may have him come on out and work on my mercedes =O they are almost due for restoration! thanks for the link up and photos! very detailed!
Old 11-28-11, 09:03 AM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Restoring lights takes more than that, some requires wetsanding with 2000-2500grit then machine polish/buff after