Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Looking to check out your tint.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11, 06:58 PM
Steffy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Looking to check out your tint.

Hey CL!

I just talked with Syd at Automall Tint and we are good to go for next Wednesday . I browsed around here for awhile to see pics and what people were using for coverage, but it was hard jumping around everywhere. Hope this thread doesn't annoy anyone. I would really love to reach out and maybe get some ideas on what to get and if I should do the front windows too. Maybe even meet for coffee so I can check it out in person if that's cool.

I own a 2008 IS250 Obsidian Black and she needs some shade

Thanks for reading
Old 05-11-11, 07:03 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

There are alot of Certified meets coming out, Huge ISx50 crowd, you should come out and check em out

To be safe with cops, id do 35% in the front, and a shade darker in the rear windows, and go dark for rear window and sunroof
Old 05-11-11, 07:07 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I definitely recommend checking out a few examples in person before pulling the trigger. You can never truly tell from pictures. A few CL members will be at this event on Saturday: http://www.driveculture.com/2011/04/...off-challenge/

If you're somewhere near Dublin you're welcome to check out the tint on my 2IS. I'm running 35% LLumar Axcess tint all around, very happy with the way it turned out. It's pretty dark, yet I can still see at night and the cops haven't given me any trouble yet. *knocks on wood*
Old 05-12-11, 02:42 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to CL..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...-may-22-a.html

Should have a good turnout.
Old 05-12-11, 10:57 AM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

I've had Sid do all my cars and to be honest with you.....unless you know exactly what darkness you want, I'd let Sid determine. He has a knack for knowing what looks good and blends well and still having the car look classy. I just had him do my silver GS350 with black interior. He did 15% on the rear window, 20% on the back doors, and 35% on the front doors. Just remember one thing, if you have black interior, the tint will appear darker. It made a big difference but still looks classy. I even pulled up next to a cop with the windows up already and he looked directly at me and just gave me a head click.
Old 05-12-11, 11:58 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

welcome. I definitely suggest coming out to our meets and seeing our cars in person to better gauge what kind of tint you want. But here's a few of mine. 2008 Blk/Blk 35% front and 20% rear. It's a really good transition IMO and isn't too light or too dark.

Old 05-12-11, 01:00 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

This thread remind me of a joke I heard:

"What do people tint their cars? Because their hella ugly"

:X made me laugh
Old 05-12-11, 10:12 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

black on black with 35% all around with 5% front strip
Attached Thumbnails Looking to check out your tint.-mare-island-backed-in-garage.jpg   Looking to check out your tint.-photo-shoot-on-waterfront.jpg   Looking to check out your tint.-rear-side-photo-shoot.jpg   Looking to check out your tint.-side-shot-rush-350.jpg  
Old 05-13-11, 04:04 PM
Steffy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
There are alot of Certified meets coming out, Huge ISx50 crowd, you should come out and check em out

To be safe with cops, id do 35% in the front, and a shade darker in the rear windows, and go dark for rear window and sunroof
Thank you for replying.....I didn't even think about the sunroof too. Glad I posted on here. Love your car
Old 05-13-11, 04:05 PM
Steffy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by brociouz
I definitely recommend checking out a few examples in person before pulling the trigger. You can never truly tell from pictures. A few CL members will be at this event on Saturday: http://www.driveculture.com/2011/04/...off-challenge/

If you're somewhere near Dublin you're welcome to check out the tint on my 2IS. I'm running 35% LLumar Axcess tint all around, very happy with the way it turned out. It's pretty dark, yet I can still see at night and the cops haven't given me any trouble yet. *knocks on wood*
I'm going to stop by for this. It's right next to my work. Thanks for the flyer!
Old 05-13-11, 04:08 PM
Steffy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISCjonny
welcome to CL..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...-may-22-a.html

Should have a good turnout.
I love that place. Just took my mom there for Mother's day...the decor is sweet. I might be in LA that weekend, but if not I want to come and meet some of you guys
Old 05-13-11, 04:21 PM
Steffy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Supraristo
I've had Sid do all my cars and to be honest with you.....unless you know exactly what darkness you want, I'd let Sid determine. He has a knack for knowing what looks good and blends well and still having the car look classy. I just had him do my silver GS350 with black interior. He did 15% on the rear window, 20% on the back doors, and 35% on the front doors. Just remember one thing, if you have black interior, the tint will appear darker. It made a big difference but still looks classy. I even pulled up next to a cop with the windows up already and he looked directly at me and just gave me a head click.
LOL...knockin on wood for you too

I'm glad to know that Syd will just know what looks right. I do like that idea of a good blend that still looks classy. Dark is nice too tho....can't see all the action packed fun in the car....LOL...kiddin. Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-13-11, 04:24 PM
Steffy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hoovey2411
welcome. I definitely suggest coming out to our meets and seeing our cars in person to better gauge what kind of tint you want. But here's a few of mine. 2008 blk/blk 35% front and 20% rear. It's a really good transition imo and isn't too light or too dark.

wow i love this.....sexy!
Old 05-13-11, 06:35 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

I've done 70% V-Kool at Auto Mall and 73% Premier Diamond Cut IR all around too. Excellent for blocking out the summer heat without being really dark. It all depends on what you want to do.
Old 05-16-11, 08:23 PM
rza8gamma
Pole Position

Anyone know where you can get the greenish tint that comes stock from Lexus? I want to get that on my two front windows to match the back ones that came with the car.

Quick Reply: Looking to check out your tint.