Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

*****Norcal Certified BOS 7 on June 26, 2011*****

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-11, 03:38 AM
510sc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mannim hella trippin out about this meet..i was hearin about last year how the fremont pigs was handing out tickets when the show was over...so whats the deal how we gonna deal wid these fools??
Old 05-10-11, 10:18 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 510sc
Mannim hella trippin out about this meet..i was hearin about last year how the fremont pigs was handing out tickets when the show was over...so whats the deal how we gonna deal wid these fools??
Last Year? You must be talking about another event, not this one.

We have had a total of 15 BOS/EOS meets over the past 10 years with NO Police issues.

The Lexus Meet Coordinators for Certified Events make sure the logistics are very well planned and the meets are run by Experienced Organizers. You may have read about drama about other meets, but usually the problems are due to poor planning, organization or lack of experience holding large scale events.

There are CERTAIN Meet locations in Fremont where you can expect possible drama. The Magnussen location is not one of them.

We can't guarantee no problems and what you do or how you drive on the way to and from the event are beyond our control, but historically we have NEVER had a significant issue at these 2 annual events.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-10-11 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-10-11, 10:48 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Second that... My first big meet was the EOS 2010 of last year. Even the Caravan was well planned (from Milpitas to Dublin). Speed was well within speed limit or allowable to the police discretion.
Old 05-10-11, 01:00 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Bro your thinking about BLOX
Old 05-10-11, 02:22 PM
bweezy
Pole Position

Dont we have a BLOX coming up? It's a CERTIFIED event isnt it, so it should be well organized, clean and safe.
Old 05-10-11, 05:07 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bweezy
Dont we have a BLOX coming up? It's a CERTIFIED event isnt it, so it should be well organized, clean and safe.
yes on the 11th. It is certified, but there are many clubs and groups participating in this one not just CL. Last years was well organized, it's held at a business park. We as a group (CL) are much more low key than say some of the other groups, ricers etc. There was a good deal of Honda's getting ticketed. Cops know about it, and they will be there. Don't act flamboyant with your car and you'll be fine, they have bigger targets. Also, I found that getting there early last year helped avoid any confrontations than say 30 min before the show started
Old 05-10-11, 05:08 PM
510sc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Bro your thinking about BLOX
Yeahh yeah now i remember it is bloxx hahah my bad wronh threadd
Old 05-10-11, 05:13 PM
510sc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Last Year? You must be talking about another event, not this one.

We have had a total of 15 BOS/EOS meets over the past 10 years with NO Police issues.

The Lexus Meet Coordinators for Certified Events make sure the logistics are very well planned and the meets are run by Experienced Organizers. You may have read about drama about other meets, but usually the problems are due to poor planning, organization or lack of experience holding large scale events.

There are CERTAIN Meet locations in Fremont where you can expect possible drama. The Magnussen location is not one of them.

We can't guarantee no problems and what you do or how you drive on the way to and from the event are beyond our control, but historically we have NEVER had a significant issue at these 2 annual events.

Good looking glen but i thought i was on the blox threadd...but ill be there at BOS
Old 05-10-11, 05:15 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

^ Blox is fine this year from what ive been informed. On Staff Police, so no tickets.
Old 05-10-11, 05:16 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bweezy
+1 with what Hoovey posted.

In addition keep in mind that Certification of Blox means that CL members are coordinating the "CL" group roll in, parking together, etc. HOWEVER, we are not the PRIMARY coordinators for this event, so though we have CL Veterans working with Blox, it is NOT a CL owned meet. We do support being PARTICIPANTS in the event, so in that sense it became a Certified Activity. This applies in a similar way to WEKFEST and TOYOTAFEST events.

The BOS meet it is fully owned and operated BY CL members FOR CL members and there will be a much larger participation of Lexus cars since this is OUR Annually Held event. So you see Certification of this event means something different than what it means for Blox.

BOS, EOS and THE PURSUIT are examples of CL member fully Hosted and organized events. In addition all of the Certified Mini-meets are 100% organized and coordinated by Veteran members.

If anyone is interested in promoting a Certified event, PM me for details and requirements.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-10-11 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-10-11, 05:32 PM
Rush350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SB350
Looks like I'll be doing two trips up north in June!
Kelly!! If you make it to this, I will give you a personal award as "Most Total Miles Driven by CL Member for Meets within 12 months!!"

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Chris, you are a trip and a half with your video here on page 1! Great job!
Thanks Siu, just doing my part to help this year

Originally Posted by kenstylegs
i want to go, can't wait~this will be my first time.
Kenstylegs (sounds like your a bboy?) BOS7 will be a great first meet for you but also try to make it out to the PRE BOS meet on May 22 if you can. That will allow you to meet most of us personally. BOS7 is a huge meet with plenty of members, so you can easily get lost in the crowd!

Good looking glen but i thought i was on the blox threadd...but ill be there at BOS
Dru, just don't do any drifting that you SC owners are notorious for doing and you will be fine for both meets!!
Old 05-10-11, 06:57 PM
510sc
Pole Position

Dru, just don't do any drifting that you SC owners are notorious for doing and you will be fine for both meets!! [/QUOTE]

lol its coo chris promise i wont do any drifting! Plus tires are expensive and them tickets aint no joke.
Old 05-10-11, 09:31 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another burnout contest?
Old 05-11-11, 01:17 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ haha... I had front row seats for the burnout contest last year. hahha.... I don't think they should do it. It seemed too risky, imo.
Old 05-11-11, 01:19 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone from the Central Valley or 209 Stockton Area wanna roll to BOS? Here's the link for one of the caravans to BOS7.
http://https://www.clublexus.com/for...ml#post6379654

Quick Reply: *****Norcal Certified BOS 7 on June 26, 2011*****