Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Well isn't this just lovely.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-11, 07:50 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Well isn't this just lovely.

My son (who just got his driver's license) has been hanging out with the daughter of the owner of the BMW dealership lately. There were five different models parked in front of her house the last time I went there. Who knows what's in the garage.

Now he wants one.

Imagine the ongoing debate in this house.
Old 04-25-11, 09:23 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tsk tsk tsk
Old 04-25-11, 09:26 AM
bweezy
Pole Position

Show him pics from our NorCal Lexus meets, I'm sure he will change his mind. We have some amazing modded cars up here
Old 04-25-11, 09:44 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol he should atlest experience the Big Money Wasters. I haven't owned one yet but probably will in the future. Well I won't own it bec I will only consider leasin a BMW... anywayz once it starts breakin down u can tell him, " I told ya son"
Old 04-25-11, 09:59 AM
Micaiah

Yeah that's the thing. We have discussions about reliability, long term cost issues, owner satisfaction and what it boils down to (according to him) is how the BMW looks better, has prestige, has a better stance, etc. You know, the "cool factor".

Keep in mind this kid is not working yet but he does drive the bone stock IS300.

Originally Posted by bweezy
Show him pics from our NorCal Lexus meets, I'm sure he will change his mind. We have some amazing modded cars up here
I've shown him the pics but because mine is rather plain, he's not impressed. I think if he saw one of yours in person it might have some push.

Last edited by Micaiah; 04-25-11 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-25-11, 10:12 AM
Barke
Pole Position

Bring him to our next big meet.
Old 04-25-11, 10:28 AM
Micaiah

I've invited him several times but he's just not interested. I think that's the effect of going to muscle car shows every week since he was born.

I can try again, though.

I just found out that he tried to get a job there but was turned down because he's not 18!
Old 04-25-11, 11:18 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

reminds me of your BMW story.....

show him Glen's IS.....hahahah (be prepared to spend some $$$ modding his car)
Old 04-25-11, 11:20 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people jus have to make there own mistakes
Old 04-25-11, 11:59 AM
iISawesome
Rookie

He drives a stock IS300 and wants a BMW? I like the looks of my IS and think BMWs are a bit overplayed just cause people want it "cause it's a BMW". Show him pictures of a modded 1IS and the potentials of it.
Old 04-25-11, 02:28 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Everyone should be required to own a BMW at one point in their life, so they can appreciate quality when they come back to a Lexus I had an E36 M3 for a while, and while it was "cool".. it cost far too much to maintain and mod.
Old 04-25-11, 03:09 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

marry her!! not only he can drive the 5 BMW outside, but also whatever in the garage... all problem solved
Old 04-25-11, 03:36 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Yeah that's the thing. We have discussions about reliability, long term cost issues, owner satisfaction and what it boils down to (according to him) is how the BMW looks better, has prestige, has a better stance, etc. You know, the "cool factor".

Keep in mind this kid is not working yet but he does drive the bone stock IS300.

I've shown him the pics but because mine is rather plain, he's not impressed. I think if he saw one of yours in person it might have some push.
I few of us went out to lunch the day after WEKFEST. We ate at an upscale Italian Restaurant where we knew the owner. The owner had a teenage son who owned a BMW, but he was at the restaurant and noted all the noice Lexi out front and he asked his mom about our group. The owner brought her son to us and we talked how we are on all CL and that we GTG regularly. Then he noted one of the Nicer 2IS parked outside and we introduced him to the owner which happened to be JoshIS408 also a teenage Lexus owner. Well once we introduced him to Josh, he took him outside to show off the details of his car.

You can imagine the impression we and Josh made on him.

Not much more to say except "powned".

BMW's ARE nice, no argument, but the LEXUS Family is a much more friendly and welcoming group to hang with BY FAR ! ! !

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-25-11 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 03:50 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've invited him several times but he's just not interested. I think that's the effect of going to muscle car shows every week since he was born.

I can try again, though.

I just found out that he tried to get a job there but was turned down because he's not 18!

Originally Posted by kickin8
reminds me of your BMW story.....

show him Glen's IS.....hahahah (be prepared to spend some $$$ modding his car)

OK how bout I ask my teenage daughter to drive the Supercharged IS300 to our next meet? Don't be surprsed that my daughter knows cars and not only that she knows American muscle as well, since she is also thinking to get a 60's Mustang and Camaro as her first car.

Teaser Pics of the IS300. The ONLY way to see the rest of the car will be to ATTEND a CERTIFIED MEET. No questions or PMs will be answered online.

GOTTA COME OUT TO A CERTIFIED MEET.

Old 04-25-11, 05:21 PM
Micaiah

Dammit Glen. That's hella nice!! My husband just saw these pics. The 1IS that my son drives belongs to my husband, who won't mod it or bring it to any of our meets. He thinks he is outnumbered by the 2ISs plus he says he doesn't want to spend any more money. Our goal is to do a little modding to our house. One day....*sigh*

Maybe when you bring out your 300 to a meet, I'll bring them both.

Quick Reply: Well isn't this just lovely.