Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Club Lexus / my.IS Bay Area Holiday Meet Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-10, 05:18 PM
hyo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club Lexus / my.IS Bay Area Holiday Meet Aftermath

Hey there everyone I wanted to thank everyone who made this meet possible, names have been named many times already so I don’t think I need to repeat . The turn out was way more than I could ever imagine. First time ever going to a meet, where the first gen IS outnumbered the second gens. Well here are the pics and the video will be at the end of the gallery. But ill also post a link here. Thanks again guys and hope to see many more meets like this in 2011!

Roll out video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S6PJAhRxDI

http://www.Hyo.smugmug.com

Last edited by hyo; 12-21-10 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-19-10, 05:57 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just want to thank Esther -Ms.IS300, Brian - Brociouz, Chris - Rush350 and Annie/Bryant -Teanguyen/hyo408 for putting together a COMBINED my.IS / ClubLexus event. Not only are we stronger and more organized working together , but we definitely need to recognize that girlpower knows how to do it ! !

Despite the torrential rain, we still had 40 plus cars show up with 20 of them First Gens !

This was A GREAT way to end the year and I'm sure we will continue this momentum with more combined meets in 2011 starting with WEKFEST. If you are thinking of participating or spectating at this event, please take a look at my thread on ClubLexus NorCal forum as I will be gathering all the Lexus participants to park together at this event that is expected to have 450+ cars attending and easily 15,000 spectators.

After WEKFEST, expect our ClubLexus 5th Annual Cruise Meet and then our 7th Annual Beginning of Summer Meets to be announced on the 2011 meet calendar.

It was great seeing some old faces and those new people I met please hit me up on PM so I casn REMEMBER YOU.

Also anyone interested in buying the PLP footrest or the PLP supercharger let me know.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
Old 12-19-10, 06:59 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 123 Likes on 48 Posts

Where are the pics..I wished I went...didn't wake up till 4 ish and I'm still sick =/
Old 12-19-10, 07:58 PM
Henry415
Driver

FOR THE MEET. FOR THE WEATHER!
Old 12-19-10, 08:33 PM
Rush350
Lead Lap

Thanks Glen for those kind words!! Big thanks to Esther (msLtuned-here on CL), Brian (Brociouz), and Annie/Bryant (teanguyen/hyo408) for getting this event organized! I am pretty happy that we were able to stay at Milbrae BART for a good amount of time, hassle free. Even when BART PD showed he was very kind to us. I would've been bummed if we got asked to leave within the 1st hour since I chose that spot haha.

Thanks to everyone who "behaved" and participated. Thanks to those who had to move their cars like 5 times to make some of the shots happen. Overall it was great to meet new faces especially from My.Is and also to hang out with the regulars.

Excited to see the pictures once our photographers get around to it!!
Old 12-19-10, 08:39 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you EVERYONE for coming out today. Despite the less-than-ideal weather, we had an EXCELLENT turnout rate - 80% of the cars that RSVP'ed showed up despite the rain.

Special thanks to Esther (ms.IS300/msLtuned) for getting the ball rolling in the first place, with the help with Albert (leedoobert), Annie (teanguyen) & Bryant (hyo408) - all of whom who helped organize caravans as well. Thanks also to Mariano (Sff103) for organizing the Concord/Vallejo caravan and to Chris (Rush350) for tackling the East Bay caravan and helping choose/scope out the Millbrae BART venue.

Other than the poor weather (including one crazy downpour that came in sideways and soaked many of the cars parked INSIDE the garage), everything went very smoothly. We got some great pictures and an awesome rollout video (we're waiting Bryant!). Even the cop who sent us on our way (after we were getting ready to leave anyway) was nice and even helped block off our exit route. I hope we can do more of these joint CL / my.IS meets in the new year.

Below are a few pictures I took. Can't wait for the real ones!

BART Police helping us rollout undisturbed.

Lexus taking over the freeway.

Last edited by brociouz; 03-30-12 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-19-10, 09:32 PM
airvtec
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

It was my first meet. Besides the weather, it was great seeing everyone out there. I'm glad I had a chance to meet all of you. I'm bad with names, but I'm sure as I attend more meets, I'll remember just about everyone. Can't wait to see the pictures. Didn't make it to the pizza place, but hope it went well.
Old 12-19-10, 09:51 PM
enrikito
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bad weather can't stop us!

didn't get a chance to meet everyone but was nice seeing some familiar faces...

got there very tired but glad i made it... 411miles + lexus + rain + dense fog + high winds =
Old 12-19-10, 10:08 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best meet I've attended so far. I forgot my camera at home so please post a bunch of pics. Good seeing everyone.
Old 12-19-10, 10:12 PM
Barke
Pole Position

Originally Posted by airvtec
It was my first meet. Besides the weather, it was great seeing everyone out there. I'm glad I had a chance to meet all of you. I'm bad with names, but I'm sure as I attend more meets, I'll remember just about everyone. Can't wait to see the pictures. Didn't make it to the pizza place, but hope it went well.
Hey John,

Looking forward to seeing you and your car at future meets. I didn't take many pics at all but I had to take a couple of yours. Remember to complete the look by finishing off the rear.

-David

Old 12-19-10, 10:17 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Great meet despite the weather. Thanks Esther and Brian for helping organize the event and for all those that helped out. Also all those who made the trip and kicked it at the pizza place. Nice spot. 2011 should be nice if we can keep this solidarity up. Good times.....but wait till the sun comes up! Then it's on!!!!
Old 12-19-10, 10:19 PM
Rush350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Great meet despite the weather. Thanks Esther and Brian for helping organize the event and for all those that helped out. Also all those who made the trip and kicked it at the pizza place. Nice spot. 2011 should be nice if we can keep this solidarity up. Good times.....but wait till the sun comes up! Then it's on!!!!
Hell yeah!! Mariano promises models in miniskirts in 2011 meets under the sun
Old 12-19-10, 11:10 PM
msLtuned
Driver

Thanks to everyone for showing up, despite the weather!! It was a really good turnout and I'm sure we'll have more of these combined CL/my.is GTG's in 2011!!

Thanks to all the caravan leads, Albert, Chris, Mariano, Annie/Bryant, for all your work in coordinating your caravans and the last minute RSVPS!! Thanks to Brian for all your help, couldn't have done it without you!! And Chris for scoping out the garage ahead of time and taking the east bay group last minute!! And Mariano for taking over the vallejo/concord caravan!! And Annie and Bryant for setting up the shoots and taking pixx!!

Please PM/email (tainan.ai.ai@gmail.com) me your emails so we can get a master list of everyone's contact info for the next "mini" meet!!
Old 12-19-10, 11:25 PM
Snubbles
Lexus Test Driver

Nice meeting everyone today! Keep the pics coming. Moar pics
Old 12-19-10, 11:56 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

random shot
Attached Thumbnails Club Lexus / my.IS Bay Area Holiday Meet Aftermath-wheel-another-vision.jpg  

Quick Reply: Club Lexus / my.IS Bay Area Holiday Meet Aftermath