Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Official SF WEKFEST III - 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-10, 04:15 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Official SF WEKFEST III - 2011

WEKSOS INDUSTRIES PRESENTS: WEKSOS WEKFEST III
RAIN OR SHINE EVENT - INDOORS!
http://www.WEKFEST.com
Westcoast Elites

Sunday February 20th, 2011
1pm-6pm
Fort Mason Complex
Herbst and Festival Pavillions
38 Fort Mason
San Francisco , Ca 94123

General Admission:
$20 General Admission (Kids under 12 FREE w/paying adult)
FIRST 100 FANS IN LINE RECEIVES FREE ADMISSION!
$15 Admission with Original Flyer

Flyer locations will be updated shortly:
South Bay - Weksos Industries
East Bay - FFTEC Motorsports
San Francisco - Fatlace & Mach III

The 411:
This event has been moved from it's original location (San Francisco Japantown underground garage) to the Fort Mason Complex (Herbst & Festival Pavillions) in hopes to better serve our fans, supporters & community. Fort Mason is larger and can better accommodate our growing family , events, and community! Fort Mason is located in the heart of Downtown SF with walking distance to famous tourist attractions such as Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, The Marina and of course Ghirardelli Square.

Westcoast’s Elite
Start the new year correct! Come witness another epic event & see the ILLEST cars/crews battle it out for the top crowns! Wekfest III is NOT a meet but in fact, a competition between top builds and elite crews. Let's not get it twisted! This is the BIG DANCE. The Superbowl of car shows, Where you can find SEMA quality cars, multiple magazine featured builds, track terrors and Pro Drift cars on full display.

The Breakdown:
This particular installment of WEKFEST shows, is to showcase the West Coast's finest! The crews and cars that you read about in magazine features, forum threads and on various internet video and blog shows. This is the Nor-Cal's Premier show! Bringing it all together, Wekfest III is going to be an EPIC EVENT! Completed projects, ultra clean dailys, Race / Track beasts, Drift to JDM , VIP to Luxury, Domestic to Euro......come join the movement!

Registration
Registration will be open to the public on Saturday December 25th @ 12pm - Please see http://www.WEKFEST.com for complete instructions and information regarding registration.

Screening Process
The filter will be raised a notch this year. Wekfest 2 was an EPIC event with over 15,000 visitors invading J-town's Garage and another 3-4,000 that weren’t able to get in. With rumored line time averaging 1-2 hours, we want to serve our fans with a high level of cars for them to enjoy. So every car will be pre-screened and voted into the show by a panel of experts. This is NOT a meet but in fact a high level contest with limited spaces. We are giving the paying customer the best show we can possibly offer.

Here's some coverage from past shows:

Here are some pictures of the actual venue - Larger space "and" better parking for spectators!

Last edited by RMMGS4; 12-09-10 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-09-10, 04:18 PM
RMMGS4

As veteran NorCal members know the Traditional Japan Town event has been going and growing for many years now. What started out as a street event with maybe 3 or 4 Lexus has now grown to about 50 CL member cars, coming from all over NorCal SoCal, Nevada and further.

In past years there have been Lexus cars representing AutoFashion, Platinum VIP, SonicMS and many other well known crews. This year you can expect more of the same.

Due to the OVERWHELMING popularity of this event, the number of entries versus the available space and the increasing quality level of cars competing has now required entrants to be screened this year. This is an unfortunate reality and although the venue is no longer in the Japan Town Garage, the Fort Mason location is an AWESOME new Venue, but it has it's limit on space as well.
For CL members who have attended the past "San Jose" and "San Francisco" Japan Town meets, and the recent Toy Drive Event Last week, they can attest that the events that "Junior" puts on are well organized events where ALL CL members are MORE than welcome to show. That said, the WEKFEST event will now be the exception. In previous years I would help organize the cars showing and repping for ClubLexus, coordinate our roll in and assign our parking location as you see in the Links of previous meets below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...-activity.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...up-thread.html

Regardless of whether YOU will SHOW your car or not, this event is still one that you would not want to miss attending.

REGISTRATION SUGGESTIONS

For those who would like to register their cars to show, there are many, many participants that are there for the sheer enjoyment of sharing their rides with the thousands of interested spectators, chopping it up with other participants and just being a part of an epic experience. I DO encourage you to submit an application and see if you get accepted. It's worth a try and you have nothing to lose.

Go to www.wekfest.com and go to the registration section for instructions.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY. Missing some of the key instructions may cause your application to be deleted.

- Do email your application on Dec 25, but not earlier than noon. I strongly suggest you apply within the first 24 hours.
- Do not send jpg files of pictures of your car, they must be links ONLY. If you do not have any links of your car, then you should set this up in advance.
- Provide ONLY three photos: engine, interior and one overall shot are required. My thoughts are that if you have a nice trunk set up that you may use that for your interior shot.
- List all your key modifications. Small items like changed bulbs and window tint are NOT key modifications ! ! !
- Prepare the e-mail and the links in advance and just save it as a draft so that you are ready to just click and submit at 12 noon.

If you would like me to look over your application before submittal, I would be happy to review it for you. Just PM me for my e-mail address.

For all those that are accepted to show, I will post a participant request for anyone who would like to park with the ClubLexus Crew. Once I am notified I will coordinate our roll in together and work with the WEKFEST organizers to ensure we have enough spots allocated to parked together.

Prepare your applications and GOOD LUCK ! ! !

Last edited by RMMGS4; 12-15-10 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-09-10, 05:03 PM
RMMGS4

WEKFEST 2010 Coverage - J Tuned http://www.jtuned.com/event-coverage...2010-coverage/

VIDEO by Studio Mountain http://maydaygarage.com/2010/03/10/otweb-wekfest-video/

FREAKIN WEKFEST Spectator Line to Get in the Show, by Arlin Wong http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLGDO...1&feature=fvwp

Project ISF exiting WEKFEST, by JavyLSU - In Video: Troy Sumitomo (Mr. 5 Axis Himself), Ryan "Flipside909" behind the wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiUaH...eature=related

Screening process info / updates to be posted Here - TBD

Last edited by RMMGS4; 12-10-10 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-09-10, 07:54 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you know ill be there!!!!
Old 12-09-10, 09:00 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't wait!
Old 12-09-10, 09:48 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I really want to see he quality of cars and see some ofd the So Cal members rides as well.
Old 12-09-10, 10:11 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there.
Old 12-09-10, 10:45 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Wekfest....oooohhhh. ill be there forsure this year
Old 12-09-10, 11:33 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

Hoping to get in. My rear lip is taking too long to get here! Can't even submit the pics I want by 12/25.
Old 12-10-10, 01:09 AM
TrancEpimp
Lead Lap

Dammm ***** is gonna be epic!!!
Old 12-10-10, 11:49 AM
lexus is08
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i will be there for sure....
Old 12-11-10, 03:55 PM
MrFuel
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll be there!
Old 12-14-10, 03:34 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Went to the first 2 and JDMtheory so ill probably be there
Old 12-15-10, 01:06 AM
RMMGS4

I have updated Registration Information in Post #2. Please take a look at the section highlighted in BLUE.

For those on the edge on whether they should enter their car, please go back and read my post #2.

In years prior to WEKFEST III, most entrants showed their cars for the sheer enjoyment of sharing their rides with other enthusiasts. This year is actually no different, but due to the more competitive nature, there has to be a limit on allowing cars in with minimal mods. Previous years there have been some cars that were near stock, which frankly does not fair well with the public who paid money to see these cars.

Anyway, I encourage anyone interested to give it a try and apply. For those who are accepted, I will continue to arrange a ClubLexus reserved space for all participants and I will coordinate the roll in process.

Go for it guys and gals !
Old 12-15-10, 09:09 AM

anyone know a contact to the company hosting the event? wanted to see if they needed sound reinforcement/lighting/staging.

Quick Reply: Official SF WEKFEST III - 2011