Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Air Suspension installation shops

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-12, 04:00 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MiggzGS
Any reputable shop in the Southbay area who can fix or do maintenance on air suspension...?

My left rear driver side is losing air. Seems like a slow leak, it takes about 30mins for it to be completely down. I don't think it's the bag since I'm able to still put air and raise it up. Hopefully only the hose. But I need a shop close enough to me that I can drive to. I'm located in Milpitas.

Any recommendation or maybe anyone who has experienced this?
Speed Element Performance and SonicMS are the only two shops in the southbay that I would trust doing air suspension. Both shops have done a number of cars on this forum correctly and stand by their work. I personally would give either shop a call and setup a appointment to get your suspension looked at.
Old 08-28-12, 03:15 AM
MiggzGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Speed Element Performance and SonicMS are the only two shops in the southbay that I would trust doing air suspension. Both shops have done a number of cars on this forum correctly and stand by their work. I personally would give either shop a call and setup a appointment to get your suspension looked at.
Right on Josh... I'll give them a call.

I called Carlin from Impact Performance today and really helped me and learned a lot from him in the short period of time we talked over the phone. I think I was able to find where the leak is coming from. It seems like it's coming from the top of the bag where the fitting is connected. I reached out in there and felt air coming out of it. I'm gonna jack up the car just to be 100% sure.

I really want to take it to Carlin but the drive is just too far for me. I'm afraid to drive my car that far and risking of something happening.

Has anyone been to Auto Image Custom in San Jose?
Old 08-28-12, 09:18 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Carlin is the only place to go for air in the Bay Area. No disrespect to Sonic but they told me that they don't do air anymore and don't like doing air. Impact Performance is worth the drive to get air installation done.
Old 08-31-12, 01:46 AM
TimChen
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for air suspension installation

I'm planning to get the UAS air suspension kit for my 2IS. Looking for professional that willing to do the sides to install this for me. (you must have done several air suspension installations) This is my daily drive so need this to be done in 3 days. I have Megan LP coils, the rear needs to be modify to fit. Already rolled the fender but still need some more works on fender liners. I'm paying $700 for this. Please let me know if you can do this for me. Also if you know some experience shop that can do it for this price, let me know. really appreciate it! I'm at bay area.
Old 08-31-12, 09:19 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My recommendation is Impact Performance. He has done numerous installation for folk in NorCal. Call Carlin at 415 602-5338
Old 08-31-12, 01:31 PM
TimChen
Driver

Originally Posted by Nat
My recommendation is Impact Performance. He has done numerous installation for folk in NorCal. Call Carlin at 415 602-5338
Well I did contacted them like a months ago. I knew they are pro but still the quote I got is too much.
Old 08-31-12, 04:47 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TimChen
Well I did contacted them like a months ago. I knew they are pro but still the quote I got is too much.
IMO doing this type of install for under 1200 is not worth it just because of the fact of how much time and labor is involved to do it correctly.
Old 08-31-12, 07:07 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TimChen
I'm planning to get the UAS air suspension kit for my 2IS. Looking for professional that willing to do the sides to install this for me. (you must have done several air suspension installations) This is my daily drive so need this to be done in 3 days. I have Megan LP coils, the rear needs to be modify to fit. Already rolled the fender but still need some more works on fender liners. I'm paying $700 for this. Please let me know if you can do this for me. Also if you know some experience shop that can do it for this price, let me know. really appreciate it! I'm at bay area.
Are you saying all you want to pay is $700? good luck with that price. I don't think any shop would touch your car for that price and I wouldn't trust anyone off the street to do that.
Old 08-31-12, 07:19 PM
Mikeyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Are you saying all you want to pay is $700? good luck with that price. I don't think any shop would touch your car for that price and I wouldn't trust anyone off the street to do that.
Agreed, installation for air suspension is time-consuming and not really something you want to be cheap on. $700 at a normal shop is only about 7-9 hours of labor, obviously its going to take more time than that.
I suggest just save some more money and just get it done right
Old 09-22-12, 07:02 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all great answers it take typically 10-16 for simple install
Old 09-20-18, 01:33 PM
ls4dirty
Driver School Candidate

Any places in South Bay Area that can bag my 04 ls430 UL
Old 09-22-18, 06:24 PM
seyelabrev
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it possible to pair Airlift suspension and Accuair VT tanks?
Old 10-05-18, 10:53 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Custom Air Suspension Install

My 2 homeboys own this shop, and they're well known for custom car rest, lowrider, air sus, rat rod. Ive known these guys since the 90's when we were in a lowrider car club. John installed my 64' Impala lifts 18 years ago.
If you, or know of someone, are looking to build a show car then this is the shop to go to.
Rich and John
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanCustomsClassics/

Old 10-05-18, 10:55 PM
ls4dirty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by srt1
My 2 homeboys own this shop, and they're well known for custom car rest, lowrider, air sus, rat rod. Ive known these guys since the 90's when we were in a lowrider car club. John installed my 64' Impala lifts 18 years ago.
If you, or know of someone, are looking to build a show car then this is the shop to go to.
Rich and John
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanCustomsClassics/
How much would they charge for BAGGING a ls430 though? I thought hydraulics was a different ball game than air suspension.
Old 10-06-18, 09:32 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by seyelabrev
Is it possible to pair Airlift suspension and Accuair VT tanks?
yes
-10 char

Quick Reply: Air Suspension installation shops