Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Air Suspension installation shops

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-12, 02:11 PM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Air suspension Install for LS460

Just got a UAS kit for my 460, and will use it with my current coilovers.

Install shouldn't cost more than $400, but does anybody know of a reputable shop to get it done at? I know of a couple, but most are smokin crack quoting me at 7-800......I'll take a couple days and do it myself for that price.

Located in Saratoga / Fremont

Thanks in advance
Old 02-14-12, 02:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

might as well start doing it yourself i say. 400 to install bags and run all the lines and install the tank?
Old 02-14-12, 02:41 PM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Limitless Motorsports quotes $500 to have full install, but wanted to see if anybody wanted to do it on the side. Not a hard job. Run the lines, take the springs out, etc....

Paid 250 for a simple coilover install, and just did it myself the second time a week later (after finding out megans SUCK on the 460)
Old 02-14-12, 02:53 PM
tuandang79
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasoneo5
Just got a UAS kit for my 460, and will use it with my current coilovers.

Install shouldn't cost more than $400, but does anybody know of a reputable shop to get it done at? I know of a couple, but most are smokin crack quoting me at 7-800......I'll take a couple days and do it myself for that price.

Located in Saratoga / Fremont

Thanks in advance
You should start doing it yourself for $400. It does take time to run the lines, get the correct brackets for your coilovers to modify, install the Air management system if you have any. Install the Tank etc.

Try hitting up Sonic MS in Mountain View and see how much they may charge you.

Show us pics when its complete!
Old 02-14-12, 03:31 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

^ +1. I dont think Sonic does air installs anymore? Maybe Drew can chime in.........
Old 02-14-12, 03:41 PM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

I'd be open. I've know Art for almost 10 yrs and was just down there having my Futura's put on a month ago.

Assumed Sonic wouldn't get as lean on pricing as Limitless Motorsports, but they can have the business if they do.

One thing I didn't like was that they literally charged be $15.00 a wheel ($60) to take my old wheels off and put the new ones on after the car was already on the rack having my fenders shaved (at $75 per rear fender). Not a wallet breaker but still not cool.
Old 02-14-12, 03:51 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

$500 is a good deal. It's easier said than done.
Old 02-14-12, 04:17 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

^ they say you get what you pay for. Service is excellent. Many club Lexus members can vouch for that aswell. IMPO if im going to be puting money into a 30k car I would rather pay more to have it done right than look for the cheapest deal and risk having something go wrong. (that is unless you personally know the person that is going to be doing the work for cheaper)

just my .02

GL with install
Old 02-14-12, 04:23 PM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

No Arguement there. At the same time I'm not one to give money away either......
Old 02-14-12, 06:58 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, how they gonna run the airlines? I've seen a few local shops work ( and I won't name them), but they ran the airlines underneath the car and basically let the lines just dangle and were held up just by the under trays.
Old 02-14-12, 11:25 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

on the LS460 there's A LOT of things that takes more time for this install...

i took over 2 days to do mine and i'm still not done. but then again, i'm pretty **** when it comes to running lines and mounting.

if you can find a shop to do it for $400 i will tell you right now, it WON'T be done the right way.

just to take the panels off to run these lines correctly will take a long time. and you're paying someone by the hour. if you have the model with the reclining back seat, those are even harder to remove. your ave speed shop will have a hard time doing it. maybe someone that has done stereo work can do it though

i actually made a video on how to remove them and posted it on my youtube channel. and you will have to remove them to get to the top of the rear shock towers.

that's just one obstacle you will have to over come...

then there's the actual installation of the suspension...lines, electrical (relays if done correctly), mounting of the tank and compressor, controller and air management...

also, what kind of controls do you have?

do you have the kit to install the bags to the coilovers already?
Old 02-15-12, 01:15 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

$400 for full air bag suspension install? Good luck with that. Don't be surprised if something breaks on the way home.
Old 02-15-12, 08:04 AM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

I appreciate all of your input but at the end of the day you are all missing the point. I was referred from the reputable vendor on here to a shop in norcal who has done ½ dozen UAS installs for CL members alone, they quoted me $500. As a paying customer, its always good to have some type of competitive analysis prior to getting work done, which is why I made this post with a $400 benchmark. I got this pricepoint being that I know a coilover install is not hard on this car (rear seat removal and all), and have paid $250 to have it installed, and done it myself as well.

Seems simple to me, am I missing something?

Originally Posted by flipside909
$400 for full air bag suspension install? Good luck with that. Don't be surprised if something breaks on the way home.
Appreciate your input all the way from "L(F)A".
Old 02-15-12, 08:45 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasoneo5

Seems simple to me, am I missing something?
yes, you are

a coilover install is prob only 20-30% of the work that's involved in doing this install
as i stated, you have the air lines to run, the electrical components to wire up, the compressor and tank to install, etc... it's easy to talk about it being simple but it's actually a lot of work.

sorry, i meant to say it's a lot of work when you do it correctly and not just run air lines and wires the easy way

so with that being said, if i am correct and the coilover part is about 30% (at $250) expect to pay around 750~800 give or take
Old 02-15-12, 08:56 AM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

You're still not getting it. I will copy and paste so that you can read again.

"I was referred from the reputable vendor on here to a shop in norcal who has done ½ dozen UAS installs for CL members alone, they quoted me $500. As a paying customer, its always good to have some type of competitive analysis prior to getting work done, which is why I made this post with a $400 benchmark."

I don't know how to be much more clear than this.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension installation shops