Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Country Club Car Wash in SJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-09, 12:23 AM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Country Club Car Wash in SJ

Hi all, I've done quite a bit of searching (here, yelp, etc) about a good car wash place. I usually do it myself at home, but now am no longer able to find the time to do it. Country Club car wash has gotten pretty good reviews for the most part...I just wanted to know if the rails that they use to push the car along damage your rims?

I'm on 19s and moderately lowered. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-22-09, 01:58 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

can anybody who has been there comment??? any comment is appreciated.
Old 08-23-09, 08:40 PM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

The Country Car Wash I go to in San Jose is the one near Stevens Creek Nissan...is this the same one you are talking about?

Just mention to them you're lowered and if they can check if the rails will clear.
If you clear it...make sure to tell them not to scrape your rims against the railing and it should be fine. When the car goes through the machine...keep an eye on it and make sure they follow what you said.
Old 08-23-09, 08:42 PM
zardoth
Rookie

I haven't been to Country Car Wash before so I can't help there, but if you're still interested in some recommendations this thread has a few: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...-detailer.html
Old 08-23-09, 09:28 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kokonutjc
The Country Car Wash I go to in San Jose is the one near Stevens Creek Nissan...is this the same one you are talking about?

Just mention to them you're lowered and if they can check if the rails will clear.
If you clear it...make sure to tell them not to scrape your rims against the railing and it should be fine. When the car goes through the machine...keep an eye on it and make sure they follow what you said.
Thanks for the tips. I'll have to drop by there one of these days when I work up enough courage. Maybe I'll go stalk them a bit to see how they do w/ other modded cars that roll in there. I'll try them out when I get up enough nerve. I usually wash it myself but there just isn't enough time in the day anymore...
Old 08-23-09, 09:29 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zardoth
I haven't been to Country Car Wash before so I can't help there, but if you're still interested in some recommendations this thread has a few: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...-detailer.html
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I was hoping for a place where I can get a decent wash for a decent price (w/o having to worry about my rims, etc) as opposed to a full detail.
Old 08-24-09, 05:37 PM
zardoth
Rookie

Originally Posted by PineGreen
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I was hoping for a place where I can get a decent wash for a decent price (w/o having to worry about my rims, etc) as opposed to a full detail.
no problem. i take my car to AJ's http://www.ajautodetailing.com/ and they have a "regular" car wash for $25. they do a really good job, but i'll be the first to admit $25 is still a lil pricey. worth it in my opinion though.
Old 08-28-09, 03:49 PM
reeder
Driver School Candidate

My IS250 is stock and they survive Country Club's rails ok. I do have to say I pay more attention to the exterior of my car than they do (and I'm pretty far from meticulous) but they do a good enough job on the interior and glass that I take it once in a while for the interior TLC. I always watch my car go in and through the first half of the wash before going to the payment office. That way I can make sure the crack below the back windshield gets the leaves cleared out and they use the pressure washer to spray down all the really dirty exterior spots before washing.

I hear prices went up so that a wash, dry, and tip is closer to $20 now. The site lists the most basic wash at ~ $15, not sure if it is a coupon price.
Old 09-06-09, 11:03 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$15 is price for a car (basic hand wash with interior vacumm). I've been using them for years no problems. My IS350 is lowered on Eibach 350's w/19" MRR GT1 wheels. I've seen Bentleys, Aston Martins, turbo Porsches washed there frequently.