Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Dealership Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-08, 09:44 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by VelvetBlue
Another vote for Magnussens....

Took my car in because of a slow leak in one of my tires. They found a nail in it and fixed the tire and washed my car and didn't charge me anything.
I see your car every time you come in, but you never ask for me to work on it
Old 05-20-08, 12:37 AM
408IS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who do I ask for?

RTIS250 -

I'd like to try Magnussens for my 20k service, I just picked up a IS350 from a private party and would like to get it checked out. I'd like to ask for a fellow CL member, who do I ask for?

So your parts department matches Sewell, from what I read. Do you know off hand how much the Lexus Ipod kit is installed?

Thanks!!
Old 05-20-08, 11:20 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RTIS250
I see your car every time you come in, but you never ask for me to work on it
Sorry, dude. I forgot to ask for you and besides I feel funny asking for a specific tech to just do something simple like change the oil or fix a tire. Are the service advisor's used to customers asking for a specific tech?

I gotta bring it back soon for the 5K service and also - One window does not roll down when I press and hold the unlock button.
Old 05-21-08, 11:10 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 408IS350
RTIS250 -

I'd like to try Magnussens for my 20k service, I just picked up a IS350 from a private party and would like to get it checked out. I'd like to ask for a fellow CL member, who do I ask for?

So your parts department matches Sewell, from what I read. Do you know off hand how much the Lexus Ipod kit is installed?

Thanks!!
My name is Ryan, if you'd like to ask for me when you come in. We do match prices, i dont know off the top of my head how much the iPod kit is intalled. If you give me a couple days, ill be back to work on friday and can try to check for you. Shoot me a PM then to remind me.

Originally Posted by VelvetBlue
Sorry, dude. I forgot to ask for you and besides I feel funny asking for a specific tech to just do something simple like change the oil or fix a tire. Are the service advisor's used to customers asking for a specific tech?

I gotta bring it back soon for the 5K service and also - One window does not roll down when I press and hold the unlock button.
haha, i know what you mean. A lot of customers have specific techs that they prefer, so the writers are used to it. Whenever you come in for your 5k, just see Summer as your service advisor, and ask for me, and ill get it taken care of for you
Old 05-22-08, 01:16 AM
408IS350
Driver

Thanks Ryan! I'll hit you up via PM on Friday. Planning to set up a service appointment hopefully next week.
Old 04-16-13, 10:08 AM
Metaxa07
Driver School Candidate

Bring back an old tread...any update? I live in the middle between Oakland, Fremont, Pleasanton. As the OP asked, any comments on Oakland? Just got the windshield wiper letter (wife's car) and she has complained recently of a hesitation....so I went through her paperwork and found that letter too. Her 2009 IS250 is still under the 72/70k power-train warranty and need to get it check out. Sounds like a lifter or valve-spring is going bad...it definitely knocks.
Old 04-16-13, 04:34 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Metaxa07
Bring back an old tread...any update? I live in the middle between Oakland, Fremont, Pleasanton. As the OP asked, any comments on Oakland? Just got the windshield wiper letter (wife's car) and she has complained recently of a hesitation....so I went through her paperwork and found that letter too. Her 2009 IS250 is still under the 72/70k power-train warranty and need to get it check out. Sounds like a lifter or valve-spring is going bad...it definitely knocks.
RTIS250 now works at Coliseum, so ask for Ryan or PM here and he will take care of you.

Others take note that SAs and Techs do move around from Dealer to Dealer. It would be good if people can give new feedback about Magnussen and Stevens Creek, to see how they are doing now.
Old 04-16-13, 05:20 PM
ISFngU
Rookie

Glen - Thank you for bringing this thread back alive. I have been looking around since my service is near and this will be very helpful for future reference.
Old 04-16-13, 05:54 PM
akayaaa
Driver School Candidate

I just bought some parts from magnussens recently, and they tried to match the sewell prices as much as possible. They came close within a few dollars for each item. However when another member tried to do the same, they did not match the prices for them.

I was also pretty unhappy of my service advisor. If there is someone specific to talk to next time, please do share!
Old 04-16-13, 08:50 PM
mrkim
Banned

Honestly the pleasanton lexus is okay, I always brought my parent's lexus there to get it service... the stevens creek service is clean... Neil at the parts department is cool with me. BUT me personally... I'm lucky to do my service at my friend's shop.
To be honest, seeing you got a NEW NEW lexus just see how it is to the dealer close to you... and make the judgement for yourself.
Old 04-21-13, 02:05 PM
STRAN
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Been working at Lexus of Stevens Creek service for a couple months now, If you guys have any questions for parts, services, or which service advisor I'd recommend, shoot me a PM for details.

If you guys are dropping by, hit me up. I am always looking forward to meeting new Club Lexus members. Just drop by the front and I'm usually there in the mornings. Feel free to PM for any parts or services. I could most likely always get you a discount at the very least.

-Stephen
Old 04-21-13, 02:46 PM
mrkim
Banned

Originally Posted by STRAN
Been working at Lexus of Stevens Creek service for a couple months now, If you guys have any questions for parts, services, or which service advisor I'd recommend, shoot me a PM for details.

If you guys are dropping by, hit me up. I am always looking forward to meeting new Club Lexus members. Just drop by the front and I'm usually there in the mornings. Feel free to PM for any parts or services. I could most likely always get you a discount at the very least.

-Stephen
dude I normally go there that guy NIEL always helps me out
Old 04-21-13, 04:59 PM
STRAN
Driver

Yeah, Niel is a cool guy. Him and George do a great job. Do you swing by often ?
Old 04-21-13, 05:05 PM
STRAN
Driver

I've gotten a few people on here list + 10-15%. I usually could get a better price just depending on the part you need. If I can't get list + 10%, I could always talk to my parts manager or neil to let them know you're from club lexus and give you a better price. just let me know what you need.
Old 04-21-13, 09:39 PM
mrkim
Banned

Originally Posted by STRAN
Yeah, Niel is a cool guy. Him and George do a great job. Do you swing by often ?
yeah I go there whenever I need to change my oil, just buy the filter and washer... but I may be needing the windshield moldings soon. George recommended this one guy off of blossom hill to check it out, just never got the chance to actually call the guy up.
But I have a feeling that I will be needing the molding.

Quick Reply: Dealership Dilema