Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Best ClearBra Place in Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-08, 12:13 PM
JasonC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with premier and will stick with them. The owners still do the work and I know because I sent my coworkers at Apple over there several weeks ago. We have a group called the Apple Autogroup and all of us go to them directly. I've had a coworker use Omega, but it just came out not so good especially on his mirrors where there were some crud underneath that never went away. On the hood, there were some really nasty looking lines, but then again his car is black I guess (all of mine are too, but no issues like my coworker's car who had it done through Omega). I'm not sure what the whole story was, but I referred him to premier mobile and when they redid everything they found some knife marks underneath. It came down to having some areas of the car having some paint damage because this company was cutting the bra on the paint. he's also on CL, so he may chime in with the problems he had with Omega
My other coworker just had her 5 series done at premier and upper management had a F430 done as well and they're both very picky bout their cars. We're all 100% satisfied with their professionalism, cleanliness of their shop and their skill is 2nd to none. Last I was there with my coworker for his F430, we both hung out for about 4 hours to get his car done and they have a very nice waiting area. We just sat back and watched a movie while having lunch. If you guys want to see the best, go to their show tomorrow the 17th. I'll be going in with my supervisor with his F430 at 11. Just look for me (asian guy with blonde highlights) with my boss (white guy) with a red F430 and you will see why I am constantly recommending Premiere over everyone else.

Last edited by JasonC; 05-16-08 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-18-08, 09:36 PM
JasonC
Pole Position

I took a lot of pictures at Premiere's deal yesterday. I do want to say this. The whole event was over at about 3 oclock. Right after this, I saw Sam at Premiere (the owner himself) start working on a new black BMW M5. So I think it is a bad assumption on Omega that just because a company is going up doesn't mean it is "cheap" labor that is working on the car. Me, my friend, and Joseph (josephdoc) was still there when Sam starting working on the M5. I think this is true dedication right there to what they're all about. I'm sure josephdoc would back up what I saw when the owners started working on a car right after their Open house. Sounds to me, it's more like these other companies are envious of Premiere's success. I'm sure many people see right through it though. Here's another buddy of mine from Apple who posted his thoughts about premiere - http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-car...a-premier.html

Hey Joseph, your car's hot!
Old 05-18-08, 10:12 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Why is it always the same people that continually defend any negative comments about their so called best clear bra installer. Obviously a company's work and professionalism speaks for itself. It's kind of ironic, but it almost seems as if the ones that are constantly plugging need to justify their stance, so continuously talking about them is a way for them to feel better about their expensive experience. It's already bad enough when companies brag about their work and make examples of others by posting it on their own website. It's bad business to bash competitor companies in their respective fields. It is pretty sad when the customers get involved and talk bad about the one company they have never personally had any experience direct with.

Last edited by flipside909; 05-19-08 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-19-08, 01:15 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Every business will have people who are dissatisfied with the work that they have done on their cars. Like I've said, personally I brought in our black show car to have the clear bra put on at Omega and when I got it back, I saw that there was debris under the paint. I immediately took the car back and Omega did the work free of charge. This was a completely custom wrap and Omega pretty much spent an entire day redoing the clear bra on the car. The car was dropped off right before closing and Omega got right to work on it. If this doesn't speak volumes about their professionalism and their dedication to customer relations then I don't know what will. Maybe your coworker should have taken her car back to Omega and had the job redone and given the company a chance to make amends instead of immediately bashing them for one less than stellar installation. Every company will have it's bad days and Premiere isn't exempted from this.

Last edited by miss_IS300; 05-19-08 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-20-08, 07:21 PM
IS-MIKE
Driver

Originally Posted by budissy
Went to Omega TintWerks in Pleasanton, CA & here's my review:

Last time i was down in SoCal i almost went to Aerotect to get my ClearBra put on, but I decided to wait and well... I'm REALLY GLAD I DID! Omega did an amazing job on My IS350 -- not only is the work extremely "clean", but you can barely even tell I have anything on the car. The owner (goes by the name of "LuckiStryke" on this forum) is a real cool, real patient guy who's willing to put quality above quantity -- he didn't take any shortcuts and took his time to make sure that the bra turned out fantastic. I almost went w/ some other, "high volume" clear bra places (both in NorCal & SoCal), but after talking to a couple of users on this forum, I found out that although these places have made a name for themselves b/c of the fact that their owner's can do some good work, they've grown soo large that it's impossible for the owner's to do all of their jobs anymore, so they hire other, much less experienced people and train them to install clearbras so that they can pump out a large number of cars and make a lot of money -- problem is, if the owner's not the one doing your ride, then you don't know how much experience and/or how "good" the person is at installing these clearbra kits onto your precious ride.... so in essence, you're going to a place b/c they are "known" to do great install jobs but aren't guaranteed to get the installer on which this reputation is based. Anyways, for me that was a big chance that i wasn't willing to take. so, after calling around and doing a lot of research, i decided to go w/ Omega TintWerks in Pleasanton, CA b/c, as many CL users can attest, they have a great reputation for doing excellent work, PLUS the owner's the only person doing the installs -- so you're guaranteed to get an amazing install job by an experienced clearbra expert! Anyways, their prices are very good -- especially for Northern Cali (don't know why everything is sooooo much more expensive down here). Another bonus is that if you say you're from ClubLexus, you'll get a great price! For my IS350, I got the whole front end done for $500, Headlights & Fogs were an additional $50, & since I had a custom front lip, I paid another $100... Therefore all in all it was $650 & I was extremely satisfied w/ the finished product! So if you're looking for a great clearbra installer in the bay area, I highly recommend Omega TintWerks in Pleasanton, CA.

Let me know if you guys want me to post pics of the finished product.

Take care all!!
+1 for Vincent @ Omega TintWerks. He did clearbra and ceramic tint for me on my IS350. Give him a call and ask for the forum discount.
Old 09-11-08, 02:39 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

just a question on how they clear bra.

will they do any preparation work on the car, before they put on theclear bra? im thinking a nice clean and wax before covering the hood?
Old 09-11-08, 03:10 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

They will try to strip the wax. They clean the surface with soaps like dawn and then they clean it again to make sure theres no dirt or particles stuck.

When thats done, they will probably spray the surface and then lay the clear bra film.
Old 09-11-08, 06:42 PM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
just a question on how they clear bra.

will they do any preparation work on the car, before they put on theclear bra? im thinking a nice clean and wax before covering the hood?
they will clean off the area nice and smooth.....

and then wax afterwards when clear bra is on........
Old 08-21-09, 10:18 AM
Nakkamura
Driver School Candidate

I found Elite Auto Films through Yelp when looking for someone to put a clear bra on my new 3 series coupe. I was willing to pay a bit extra to get the job done right, and in the end my choice came down to Premier and Elite Auto Films.

I ended up choosing Elite Auto Films not only because they offered a more competitive price, but because Goshan (the owner) answered all my questions (and there were many) promptly and thoroughly.

I was able to get a highly customized package put together, with coverage on my full hood, fenders, mirrors, as well as front and rear bumpers. Most people usually get the partial coverage on the front hood+fenders but I knew that the line--although it's barely visible--would bother me, so I opted for the full hood and fenders. Goshan was very accommodating and a pleasure to work with.

(You might be wondering why I got the full coverage for the 3 series BMW - it's because I'm pretty **** when it comes to my car. When I trade in for the m3 there's no doubt that I'll be back to get the full car clear bra'ed.)

The actual caliber of work was excellent - and he also mentioned that if I saw any problems I could bring it back and get it fixed at no charge. I believe they also offer a full warranty on their work for 7 years. They have done a number of high end cars as well--I saw a Bentley parked outside while I was there.

Bottom line - great quality of work, at a fair price. They aren't the cheapest, but the fact that you're paying to get a clear bra on your car means that you're at least somewhat concerned about how your car looks, and a clear bra is something that you'll definitely want done right. If you're looking for a bay area clear bra installation I'd definitely consider Elite Auto.
Old 02-20-15, 02:18 PM
nishibear
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have info or experience with JG Audio in Berkeley, Elite Auto Films in Fremont, or Mr.Tint and HD Auto Salon in San Jose?
I'm looking to wrap the full front and mirrors of a 2013 IS-F. Looking through other posts looks like Elite Auto has a lot of good praise and customer service.