Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Worst weekend ever.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-08, 12:08 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Worst weekend ever.

On Thursday i got caught running a stop sign when the streetlight in front of me was green. I was on phelan st. going to turn onto ocean ave and the light just turned green for me. I took a right without stopping and i didn't pay attention to the stop sign so i got pulled for running the stop sign. It's my first driving ticket throughout my 3 years of driving.

Tonight i got a front license plate ticket and a front tint ticket. So much bs.

Does someone want to lend me their white is350 w/o tint so i can get written off? I'm willing to pay the person who's car i can use. I just need to show the cop that i have front license plate and no tint.

Last edited by 2slow; 03-01-08 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-01-08, 01:11 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahahah that's such a good idea... dang why couldn't i think of that.good brain usage. hahaha
Old 03-01-08, 01:28 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Wow... that is really something!
Did you tell the cop from your 2nd pull off about your first ticket? It work sometimes.

The situation can get real ugly if the cop find out you are trying to sign off with another vehicle.

I think you should take care the business in a proper way.

Knock on wood here, and good luck to you.
Joseph
Old 03-01-08, 01:58 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by josephdoc
Wow... that is really something!
Did you tell the cop from your 2nd pull off about your first ticket? It work sometimes.
I did. I even showed it to him. No such pity. I mean, theres no way a cop would find out unless he looks at the vin number. I was planning to swap license plates too. But the thing is.. How come the entire car has no tint? DId i only tint the front before? That's the thing that sucks.
Old 03-01-08, 02:15 AM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were you stopped by the City College Police for that stop sign onto Ocean Ave.? They can be a PITA sometimes even though my friend is one of them haha. I THINK I can get my friend to get it written off for you. Let me find out first.
Old 03-01-08, 03:17 AM
Kreuzer
Pole Position

When I went in for my plate ticket, he went inside printed out a sheet then walked the car. He had my vin and checked it.

2nd go to am-pm around 2 am and chat it up with some police getting coffee. I went in one night, starting bs'n with them and then we got to talking about fix it tickets. They walked out and signed mine off. I have a few friends who have done this and it works. Next bet is to just take off the tint and go get it signed off. Don't get caught doing fraud, karma is a *****...

Also instead of just doing the swap like u want people to do, just swap the windows. I have a spare set of is300 windows here that I use

D
Old 03-01-08, 08:21 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by igofast
Does someone want to lend me their white is350 w/o tint so i can get written off? I'm willing to pay the person who's car i can use. I just need to show the cop that i have front license plate and no tint.
dont they check the vin of the car to see if it matches? last time I got a no front plate ticket I had to put it back on and the cop looked at the vin to see if it matches the ticket......
Old 03-01-08, 01:19 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bloo1987
Were you stopped by the City College Police for that stop sign onto Ocean Ave.? They can be a PITA sometimes even though my friend is one of them haha. I THINK I can get my friend to get it written off for you. Let me find out first.
No, it was SF cop on a bike. I'll probably pay it off without goiing to traffic school.

Originally Posted by wolverine
dont they check the vin of the car to see if it matches? last time I got a no front plate ticket I had to put it back on and the cop looked at the vin to see if it matches the ticket......
Not sure, but karma is a b****. I lost my 300 dollar phone too on thursday..Just my luck.
Old 03-01-08, 01:51 PM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

just doubleside tape the plate on and pay the tint ticket (~$100)
Old 03-01-08, 04:43 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

I'm gonna zip tie it. How do i pay off the tint ticket? DO i just pay the cops?
Old 03-01-08, 06:06 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

pay the fine at the court house, thats what i did...but i did it online, got a warning for front plate, but it is now doublesided taped and ziptied on, so cops dont have that option for pulling me over anymore...

Edit: tint ticket was $126 for me...

Last edited by Baoser; 03-01-08 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-01-08, 08:07 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Baoser
pay the fine at the court house, thats what i did...but i did it online, got a warning for front plate, but it is now doublesided taped and ziptied on, so cops dont have that option for pulling me over anymore...

Edit: tint ticket was $126 for me...
So what did you do. Show up at the court house and have them sign you off? And you don't need to take the tint off?
Old 03-01-08, 10:23 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I have a question here!!!!

If the car is brand new, and the paper square license on front shield is not expired, can cops still ticket me if I have no rear plate, no front plate, and no front plate frame?

Will the cop ticket me because "Sir, I dont see your front plate frame"???

I am thinking something evil now!
Old 03-01-08, 10:48 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

LOL, Well you can't get pulled for the no plates because the car is new. As long as you have the license plate number paper stuck onto you window.
Old 03-02-08, 09:56 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I am worry cops will pull me off because the car is too new and in full mod.. no plate and the paper square is not expired.

Keep knocking on wood here.
Joseph

Quick Reply: Worst weekend ever.