Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Perfect alignment on my 2GS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 05:22 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Perfect alignment on my 2GS!

Hey guys, I just wanted to share my experience with all of you today. I took my car in earlier to The Tire Outlet in San Jose (JosephDoc's shop) for an alignment. After previous failed attempts to get the camber/toe correct, I almost gave up and was about to accept the fact that if I'm going to own a lowered GS, I'm just going to have to shell out the extra cash for tires every 6 months. Well, they worked on my car for about 2 1/2 hours fine tuning the suspension and got my 98' GS400 perfectly aligned. I am extremely happy with their service! What lured me in was their 90 day warranty for alignments. The price was great! Normal 4 wheel alignments for 18" wheels or bigger is $150, but if you're a CL member, he'll knock off $30! My car is lowered on Tein CS v2 at 1 1/2 finger gap sitting on 18" 07' GS wheels and I have a TTE front lip. Please don't be scared to take your modified GS there. Joseph is cautious with your car will take care of you. He's active in the CL community and usually attends those Friday night Mini-meets in Milpitas. He's a very approachable guy and will answer any questions you may have. I just wanted to give all you 2GS and Lexus owners a heads up. I definately will be coming back to his shop!

Thanks again Jospeh for your hard work and honest attitude!

Theo
Old 05-03-07, 07:29 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

we need more shops like that in NYC.
Old 05-03-07, 08:41 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Hey guys, I just wanted to share my experience with all of you today. I took my car in earlier to The Tire Outlet in San Jose (JosephDoc's shop) for an alignment. After previous failed attempts to get the camber/toe correct, I almost gave up and was about to accept the fact that if I'm going to own a lowered GS, I'm just going to have to shell out the extra cash for tires every 6 months. Well, they worked on my car for about 2 1/2 hours fine tuning the suspension and got my 98' GS400 perfectly aligned. I am extremely happy with their service! What lured me in was their 90 day warranty for alignments. The price was great! Normal 4 wheel alignments for 18" wheels or bigger is $150, but if you're a CL member, he'll knock off $30! My car is lowered on Tein CS v2 at 1 1/2 finger gap sitting on 18" 07' GS wheels and I have a TTE front lip. Please don't be scared to take your modified GS there. Joseph is cautious with your car will take care of you. He's active in the CL community and usually attends those Friday night Mini-meets in Milpitas. He's a very approachable guy and will answer any questions you may have. I just wanted to give all you 2GS and Lexus owners a heads up. I definately will be coming back to his shop!

Thanks again Jospeh for your hard work and honest attitude!

Theo
I see you went on my recommendation. I agree the service was excellent and the price really can't be beat. I'm gonna hold off on "perfect alignment" praises for a couple of reasons...
1. there is never one perfect setting for alignment setting for all our different setups...so forget trying to "be within spec". If you're gonna mod the car and drop it, its gonna be out of spec.
2. i'm measuring the tread depths on my tires to see if we can get some even wear on the tires. Time will tell how the alignment is doing. I might have to bring it back for some adjustments.

Overall, I'm also very happy with my experience going to his shop and recommend it to others.

--jawn
Old 05-03-07, 10:01 PM
sleeper408

Originally Posted by jawnthen
I see you went on my recommendation. I agree the service was excellent and the price really can't be beat. I'm gonna hold off on "perfect alignment" praises for a couple of reasons...
1. there is never one perfect setting for alignment setting for all our different setups...so forget trying to "be within spec". If you're gonna mod the car and drop it, its gonna be out of spec.
2. i'm measuring the tread depths on my tires to see if we can get some even wear on the tires. Time will tell how the alignment is doing. I might have to bring it back for some adjustments.

Overall, I'm also very happy with my experience going to his shop and recommend it to others.

--jawn
Yes, I went on your recommendation. You are correct in saying that every suspension, every car, will yield different results even if the components, drop, and vehicle are the same. I guess after going to Auto Innovations and have very marginal success with the alignment, today's experience was a vast improvement. I was a little overwhelmed with joy when using the word "perfect," but I must say that just looking at the wheels/tires, it looks much better than the previous try. I guess it may not be perfect, but 90 days to attempt to get one step closer is a huge factor for me over other shops.

-Theo
Old 05-04-07, 07:08 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Within 30 seconds after your leave an alignment place where I live, you can kiss perfect alignment bye-bye.
Old 05-08-07, 08:23 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Within 30 seconds after your leave an alignment place where I live, you can kiss perfect alignment bye-bye.
LOL... I feel you.
California road sux. Big Time!
Old 05-08-07, 01:21 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent Service Joseph !

I know I am in need on one too
Old 05-08-07, 02:52 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now that this thread has come into effect, I'm torn between going to Jo's shop and my regular shop EM for my first alignment.

hmmmm....what to do.
Old 05-08-07, 03:41 PM
SCSJ
Lead Lap

hey can sleeper or anyone else help me out?? I live in San Jose also i have some 19's that are tucked in and my tires get eat real fast i was wondering if i got an allignement from joseph will it solve my issue from eating so much tire?
Old 05-08-07, 04:14 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Alignment will help the most but quality in tires is another major factor. Most 19in tires have 0 mileage warranty. I don't study much in tires but I know Bridgestone-960PP has 40k mileage warranty and full range of selection, but it is pricy and looks ugly.

I am using that on my IS350.
Old 05-11-07, 04:58 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Does anyone have any contact info for his shop? I tried pm, but i think he's been too busy to reply yet and i'd like to get this done soon since i just had daizen control arm bushings installed

I did a yahoo yellowpages search and 5 "tire outlets" came up
Old 05-11-07, 06:26 PM
sportdsign
Rookie

I just came by from Joseph's Shop. Cool guys and very Knowledgeable. Scheduled an appt a day in advance and was in and out within 1.5 hrs.

First-Class service and I would definitely come back when I need another alignment.

Thanks again Joseph.
Old 05-11-07, 07:33 PM
acl15
Lead Lap

What's the address for this place? I'd like to check it out. Do they sell wheels too? or just tires and services?
Old 05-11-07, 09:32 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

hey joseph, can i make an appoitment this friday or sat??
Old 05-11-07, 11:32 PM
sleeper408

PineGreen and acl15, here is the info again:

Joseph Lynn
Tire Outlet Store
408-258-1639
2240 Alum Rock Ave.
San Jose, CA 95116

And remember he'll give you a $30 discount for being a CL member!

Quick Reply: Perfect alignment on my 2GS!