Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Old 08-05-04, 02:29 PM
SexY10
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks GLEN!

always the man to help with info

-christine
Old 08-05-04, 05:45 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by RMMGS4
They are really busy on weekends. And that's just the work being done on b_chau's FI car ! [/B]
Haha, I won't be there on weekends much anymore. I think we got the last bug worked out last weekend.
Old 08-06-04, 03:03 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Woo-hoo! Just received my S-AFC2. Now, to get on John's Saturday schedule sometime soon
Old 08-07-04, 11:37 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be interested in stopping by when John installs/tunes your SAFC-II. I have one that's been sitting in my garage for over 8 months now.
Old 08-07-04, 04:40 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by redgs4
I'd be interested in stopping by when John installs/tunes your SAFC-II. I have one that's been sitting in my garage for over 8 months now.
i can help u clear ur garage, jus hand it over and i have it install on mine, and will definately let u know how it works out. jk.
Old 08-09-04, 02:02 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Originally posted by redgs4
I'll be sure to post when I get an appt locked in. Would be cool to meet up with a bunch of you...mind you, my S-AFC is going on an IS.

Will probably do as suggested above, installing at Exact and then dyno tuning out here in the Pleasanton area. So basically, 2 appts. to lock in, hopefully on the same day...not sure how good an idea it is to drive around with a misguided s-afc
Old 08-09-04, 02:37 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by inkblot
I'll be sure to post when I get an appt locked in. Would be cool to meet up with a bunch of you...mind you, my S-AFC is going on an IS.

Will probably do as suggested above, installing at Exact and then dyno tuning out here in the Pleasanton area. So basically, 2 appts. to lock in, hopefully on the same day...not sure how good an idea it is to drive around with a misguided s-afc
I believe John at Exact will test drive your car after he installs the SAFC and make minor adjustments to make sure the car is running well. The dyno tuning will just be used to help yield more power.
Old 08-10-04, 01:42 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Originally posted by bchau_gt
I believe John at Exact will test drive your car after he installs the SAFC and make minor adjustments to make sure the car is running well. The dyno tuning will just be used to help yield more power.
Thanks...knowing John's work, that's what I figured he'd do (as best as possible without a dyno) but I wasn't sure
Old 02-06-05, 10:50 PM
lodown16
Driver School Candidate

Question Help locating Bay Area mechanics/service garages

I'm tired of the overpriced service at my local Lexus dealer. Does anyone have a good mechanic or service center suggestions for me to take my GS300.

Right now, I need to replace my rear brakes pads, and since I'm unemployed, I would like to save a few bucks! Thanks!
Old 02-06-05, 11:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

welcome to clublexus. actually here in norcal most of us go to exact motorsport in milpitas, they do excellent work, both on maintenance and mods. just tell them you are referred from clublexus (doesn't hurt to mention the name henry ) their number is (408) 416-0061, and the owner is john and sandy
Old 02-07-05, 10:03 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I've heard great things about John @ Exact and recently the most valued aspect of his business has been his customer support, which in my opinion isn't the important part of a great shop.
My friend/mechanic, Rafael, owns a shop in San Bruno.
Compared to Exact, it's a hole in the wall, but his work quality is unmatched and I've never been to that shop twice for the same problem.

If you need a turbo installed, Exact is the place to go to, but for maintenance I either do it myself or go to Rafael.
The shop # is 650-589-6880
You can mention my name, but I don't know if it'll do you much as his prices are already hard to beat.

~Alan
Old 02-08-05, 10:59 PM
lodown16
Driver School Candidate

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the referrals!
Old 02-09-05, 09:27 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

Definitely recommend Exact Motorsports! He installed my latest suspension mod (TEINS and DAIZEN) and I couldn't be happier. Thanks John!

He's also very honest. One time I thought I was having trouble with my integra so I took it there for him to check it out. He looked over the problem and said "no problem" w/o a charge. If nothing has to be done, he will honestly say so.
Old 03-29-05, 12:19 PM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Need a shop for L-tuned install

I am in San Jose, and am looking to get my L-tuned setup installed. Any good recommendations? How many of you guys are the DIY type? If you did DIY was it fairly straight forward?

Lastly if you had to do it again, would you do it or take it somewhere to get it done?
Old 03-29-05, 02:01 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Im pretty sure the answer to this is Exact Motorsports. Thats where I will be taking my S/S combo to get installed. Hopefully next week.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.