Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-06, 10:54 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question What Color.

Originally Posted by jdmtruong
my turn to get my tein ss from them. yay exact.
Hey,
Not to hijack the thread. But, what color is your R6. I have the '03 Limited Edition Black/Red flames.
Anyway, let us know how you like the Tein SS'.
Will
Old 03-02-06, 01:17 PM
jdmtruong
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey TAMR_GUS98. I also have a an '03 R6. Not the Limted Edition one. Just silver/black. Any mods on your bike? And oh yeah, quick question, do you guys know if Exact have the Tein SS or CS "in stock"?. I am towards the CS...but a lot of people tell me to get SS. TAMR_GUS98, lets go pop some wheelies! Nah, jk! lol.

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Hey,
Not to hijack the thread. But, what color is your R6. I have the '03 Limited Edition Black/Red flames.
Anyway, let us know how you like the Tein SS'.
Will
Old 03-02-06, 05:27 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey TAMR_GUS98. I also have a an '03 R6. Not the Limted Edition one. Just silver/black. Any mods on your bike? And oh yeah, quick question, do you guys know if Exact have the Tein SS or CS "in stock"?. I am towards the CS...but a lot of people tell me to get SS. TAMR_GUS98, lets go pop some wheelies! Nah, jk! lol.
i'd have to say what you want from the car. For example, do you plan on doing the daizen bushings in the future as well? If you are planning on the bushings, I'd recommend CS, especially if you are goin to get bigger rims. But this is all moot if you're all up for handling then if that's the case, go for the SS. In the end, it's what you want, I went with the CS with all the daizen bushings and 30 series tires, handling is way better than stock for sure, the CS gives me the handling I expect without too bad of a compromise in ride quality given the other mods. Had I gone with a stiffer or more race oriented setup, I know my butt wouldn't be enjoying the times of normal driving, especially on rough roads.
Old 03-02-06, 08:45 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up '03 R6

As far as mods on the bike:
Color matched seat cowl.
Custom painted rear hugger.
Carbon fiber slider set.
Harri's Yamaha handle bar grips.
Custom tank and seat skins from Second Look.
Flush mounted LED front turn signals.
Integrated turn signals in rear taillights.
HID Headlight/Hi-beam convertion.
Competition Works fender eliminator.
LED Chrome lic. plate frames(Lost the Lic. Plate lights due to fender eliminator)
Vortex Sprockets
RK Racing chain.
Braided Brake lines.

Won't get into the Tein question, since someone already answered it for you.
Old 03-03-06, 01:53 AM
jdmtruong
Lead Lap

Dizamn. Yours tricked out bro! All I got is some black sliders, black seat cowl, fender eliminator, front lockhart philips turn signals and a GYTR carbon fiber pipe. Very nice ride there though bro. Hmm, I might go for the SS then possibly. Anyone going to D1GP this week?

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
As far as mods on the bike:
Color matched seat cowl.
Custom painted rear hugger.
Carbon fiber slider set.
Harri's Yamaha handle bar grips.
Custom tank and seat skins from Second Look.
Flush mounted LED front turn signals.
Integrated turn signals in rear taillights.
HID Headlight/Hi-beam convertion.
Competition Works fender eliminator.
LED Chrome lic. plate frames(Lost the Lic. Plate lights due to fender eliminator)
Vortex Sprockets
RK Racing chain.
Braided Brake lines.

Won't get into the Tein question, since someone already answered it for you.
Old 03-03-06, 08:11 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Talking Tricked.

Dizamn. Yours tricked out bro! All I got is some black sliders, black seat cowl, fender eliminator, front lockhart philips turn signals and a GYTR carbon fiber pipe. Very nice ride there though bro. Hmm, I might go for the SS then possibly. Anyone going to D1GP this week?
Actually have not ridden it for awhile. Had a bad accident 2 years ago. Long story...........
Anyway, I have a factory carbon fiber rear hugger for sale if your interested. Would match your exhaust. PM me if your interested so we don't hijack this thread any further. LOL Thanks for the complements. Gonna have to go ride with you when summer comes.
Will
P.S.
D1GP is prolly not gonna happen for me.
And heres a pic of my bike so you can see.
Old 03-31-06, 08:45 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

I'm gonna continue this praise to Exact Motorsports.
Dropped my car off this morning @10am. John and Sandy promised by early afternoon.

Things they did for me
------------------------------
install of Eibach Pro Kit Springs (Estimated time 3-4 hours)
mount/balance of new tires (Estimated time 1-2 hours)

Time completed = 4pm.

Customer service = A+
pricing/labor = A
quality of work = A+
Friendliness = A+
Cleanliness of shop (front and back) = A+

They are honest people who give honest prices who know about cars that do high quality work.

I can't wait for my 30K major tune-up in the next several months.

BTW, they are moving to a bigger location end of April. I had a nice chat w/ John and he is emphasizing the efficient flow of customer service that they are providing to their customers, new and old. Their emphasis is on the the additional lifts that the new location will have, to ensure that the longer serviced cars stay on the lift while the quick and low serviced vehicles are done accordingly and efficiently w/out the customer waiting for many hours or a long period of time. This new locaiton will benefit them and their customers, new and old.

thanks Johh and Sandy. I love you guys....

Last edited by martini3; 03-31-06 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-02-06, 01:57 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also had my car at Exact a couple of times in the last week. Been putting off getting car work done so had a bit of catching up to do. Let's see ...

1) Daizen sways installed (replace the TRD)
2) Daizen bushings installed
3) Ball joints & tie rods replaced
4) TM Plugs installed
5) Raise car 1/2" in back and 1/4" in front
6) General suspension and parts check-up

Next on the list,

1) SAFC II install
2) Header Install

Pretty nice that they are located right across the freeway from where I work.
And the new location is pretty close as well.
Old 04-03-06, 12:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i will need to go there hopefully before end of apr as well to do the normal maintenanace. cant' wait to talk to john about the new shop!
Old 04-03-06, 11:01 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

maybe, we can have all the cars that have done work and the future ones that are planning to be done, meet at Exact Motorsports for their "Grand Opening" at their new shop?

Hey, let's have a "Grand Opening mini-meet" at Exact Motorsports when they open.

Will, Glen, Henry, Ron, Solo, Rolo - Are you guys feeling me on this?

It can't be on 4/22 (Dyno Day Meet) and 4/29 (SC430 Meet).

Let's allow John/Sandy to settle in for a few days and have the "Grand Opening Exact Motorsports BBQ" sometime in early May.

Glen, if you want me to talk to John/Sandy about this, then I can do the logistics and set this up.
We can have a BBQ or something and help them kick off their new shop w/ our support.
Plus, it's a great excuse to meet and let others get a glimpse of EM and the work that they do.

thanks....teeman3

Last edited by martini3; 04-03-06 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-03-06, 11:21 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by teeman3
maybe, we can have all the cars that have done work and the future ones that are planning to be done, meet at Exact Motorsports for their "Grand Opening" at their new shop?

Hey, let's have a "Grand Opening mini-meet" at Exact Motorsports when they open.

thanks....teeman3
That sounds good to me Tee. Hopefully the lot will be a little bigger so we can park our cars.
Old 04-03-06, 12:55 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by teeman3

It can't be on 4/22 (Dyno Day Meet) and 4/29 (SC430 Meet).

Let's allow John/Sandy to settle in for a few days and have the "Grand Opening Exact Motorsports BBQ" sometime in early May.

Glen, if you want me to talk to John/Sandy about this, then I can do the logistics and set this up.
We can have a BBQ or something and help them kick off their new shop w/ our support.
Plus, it's a great excuse to meet and let others get a glimpse of EM and the work that they do.

thanks....teeman3

Great thought's on this Tee. I'm already ahead of ya. The Meet calendar already has a target month set, but some things need to happen and another "SECRET" project will have to be unveiled at their Grand Re- Opening.

Get with me for lunch and I will update you on the details.

This will definitely be happening.
Old 04-03-06, 01:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Great thought's on this Tee. I'm already ahead of ya. The Meet calendar already has a target month set, but some things need to happen and another "SECRET" project will have to be unveiled at their Grand Re- Opening.

Get with me for lunch and I will update you on the details.

This will definitely be happening.
hey i know what it is

in any case, will definitely try to drop by, exact is a very good shop
Old 04-03-06, 06:43 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
i will need to go there hopefully before end of apr as well to do the normal maintenanace. cant' wait to talk to john about the new shop!
Gee Henry, you should schedule something for the last week of April. I know for a fact he won't have many appointments scheduled.
Old 04-03-06, 11:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by redgs4
Gee Henry, you should schedule something for the last week of April. I know for a fact he won't have many appointments scheduled.
hahhaa, sneaky chris

well last week of apr i should be very busy with the all sc430 meet, so....

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.