Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-05, 11:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by teeman3
Wow! that's great to hear.

Let me tell you after they changed my oil to synthetic, I noticed a more aggressive subtle roar in my engine. I noticed the difference today after I started the car this morning. It's been sittng for a few days and as soon as I started her up, the engine sounding more aggressive and the gas pedal felt real good.

the tune up from Exact M. gave my car a better response, ride and balance overall.

Boy, what a difference that made!

I can't wait to take her for future tuning and maintenance.

teeman3
even better is they let you get into the garage and see them work. if you are as paranoid as i am, you feel much better
Old 06-16-05, 01:46 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice rims, very low key.
Old 06-16-05, 03:47 PM
Fiya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the replies I'll post some more better quality pics later but right now it's raining so I have to wait. I can't make it to the BOS meet (work) so I'll have to meet some of you later.
Old 06-24-05, 04:30 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by acidrool
I just had my rims installed at Exact Motorsports. Thanks for everyone that suggested the place. They were very fast and the best price. Here is a picture I just took. i added a drop afterward in Photoshop because it needs it badly Just need to save up or find a good deal.
Hey i've seen this car... you live in Millbrae?

BTW, looking good. that front bumper looks like a supra!

-sOlo-
Old 12-28-05, 11:46 AM
shiwen
Rookie

Default 90k Service Choices..

Greetings everyone. Just got my 1st Lexus. Bought it from the father-n-law and need 90k service. Have read many forum posts here and elsewhere. Exact Moto is prob too far and they aren't too much cheaper than Concord & Pleasanton dealerships and they don't include all of the items as some are done at the 60k service if you take it there.

The question is, would it be a sin to take it to a Toyota dealership for this service? I'm lookin at $875 for everything instead of $1350-$1550 for everything. I understand they use the same parts.

Any help or guidance appreciated.

Also, at a local service shop that has serviced it since 25k miles I can get the 90k for $1200. I inquired about engine mounts & transmission mounts and was quoted $650. Is this reasonable?

Thanks again.
Old 12-28-05, 01:55 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

before going to Exact, I used to go to Toyotapro in Concord. Their prices seemed fair at the time (before I went to Exact), and they let you do installment payments too. You can try them if you dont want to go to a dealership. I thought Exact was too far from Concord, but its worth the drive to me for their expertise and the peice of mind. Good luck
Old 12-29-05, 10:13 AM
shiwen
Rookie

Default Thanks for the info Marksg4..

I appreciate your advice. Maybe i will have to give exact a shot and see if it is worth the drive.

On another note, I was just told the front lower ball joints are shot. They want $600 to replace. Am I getting bent over?

Thanks again
Old 12-29-05, 05:55 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shiwen
I appreciate your advice. Maybe i will have to give exact a shot and see if it is worth the drive.

On another note, I was just told the front lower ball joints are shot. They want $600 to replace. Am I getting bent over?

Thanks again

Exact can take care of ypour lowerr ball joints as well as do a 90k. The thing is they don't neccessarily follow ONLY what Lexus dealers do on the 90k, most od which is just pay them to check, check, check with hopes they will find more stuff to charge you for. Exact charges what "needs" to be done. Say if you water pump looks good, then he won't change it just for the heck of it. It all depends on how your car was taken cared of over the years.

One thing for sure is we have heard horror stories of dealers curbing rims and body kits being scratched. The damage is one thing , but claiming for the repair has in some cases been a nightmare too. Do a search and you'll see dealer stories from all over the country.

I trust Exact more than I do most dealerships.
Old 01-04-06, 12:32 PM
shiwen
Rookie

Default Lesson learned

I will be going to exact from now on. I am just realizing how bad of a job concord lexus did on my 90k service -

Some of us just have to learn the hard way.

Aside from charging me $600 for new lower ball joints and not professionally detailing my car like they were supposed to (still has coffee spill stains on the rear side of the leather seats) I picked up my car and find out from the paperwork that the mechanic found my front right wheel is slightly bent. He took the liberty of replacing it with the spare which has a brand new bridgestone on it. Now i have 3 tires with Falkens that have about 15k on them and one brand new bridgestone up front. The car now pulls to the right to the point where i have to hold the wheel when on the fwy to keep it straight. I called my service advisor back to find out why it is pulling, if i need an alignment now (yes i just read the threads on the best places to get it aligned in the bay area) and why they hadn't made sure it was correct before delivering my car. She blames the pull on tire tread wear and says she is happy to put the wheels back to how they were before and that it has nothing to do with alignment.

All in all i sunk $2200 for the 90k service and new front lower ball joints, a crappy detail & a free loaner Camry (Lex ES 350) that smelled like a city bus.

Well, with one bent wheel and one active non-matching tire (brand & or mileage) I am getting motivated to figure out which wheels i really want and drop some $$ and have it done right. Only sad news is that the Maya DTM's which I have been digging lately are supposedly discontinued.

Well, enough whining for one post. Please forgive me for making the dealer mistake everyone.
Old 01-05-06, 08:15 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Wow, I'm real sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience at the dealership, but like you said, some of us have to learn the hard way. Im sure after going to Exact for the 1st time, you'll understand why the majority of the Nor Cal guys go there for work on our cars....even if it means (for some of us) driving a little further than we'd like.
Old 01-05-06, 08:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

man sorry to hear that...... that's why i neve bring my cars to dealers just to let someone work on it, coz'seriously, a lot of them don't know what they are dealing with. hope you have better experience with exact next time!
Old 02-25-06, 12:31 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Default Props to Exact Motorsports

Yesterday (Friday) morning, I made my trek to Exact from Concord to have them replace my front lower ball joints and outter tie rods (mind you, I dropped my car of at 6:15am and caught a ride back with a coworker to San Ramon). Sandy gave me a call around 10 am and said John found that my front passenger side wheel bearing was totally gone, and needed replacing. I gave Sandy the ok to order the part, and they had everything installed and the car waiting for me at 5pm when I went back to pick it up.

Sandy and John were great, the customer service was excellent, and the experience was a great reminder as to why I drive from Concord at the break of dawn to have them work on my car. I didn't catch the name of the other mechanic that helped to work on my car, be he too was very friendly and helpful.

And let me just say that my car feels and drives like it is brand new. I can't believe the difference there is in handling and responsiveness, not to mention how much quieter it is without all the rattling coming from the front end! Im totally in love with my car again, and only wish I had done this work sooner. Next up I guess is replacing the bushings....

So thanks again to Exact Motorsports for taking care of me (as the do with the majority of our Nor Cal members)
Old 02-25-06, 12:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

congrats mark, that's awesome that they fixed your car the right way enjoy your new ride

oh btw, the other mechanic is steve
Old 02-25-06, 01:11 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up A testament.

As a testament to how great John, Sandy and the crew are at Exact.
Most of you know what I do for a living. With that said......Since I could not find the time to install my Daizen bushings myself. I had John install it for me because I knew I could count on them to do a great job. John even went the extra mile by using Mobile 1 Synthetic grease on my bushings. He could have just used the grease that came with the bushing kit. Thanks you Exact.
Old 03-02-06, 02:17 AM
jdmtruong
Lead Lap

my turn to get my tein ss from them. yay exact.

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.