Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-05, 12:48 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I was there yesterday too Brian. Heard I just missed you. Jawnthen was there for his 10am appt. and saw whytry's car plus a white GS getting work done.

That makes 5 of us.

I was there to get tires mounted to my new rims.

SMALL teaser of things to come.
I wish I was there when you brought your wheels in Glen. I just know what brand they are, but wish I could've seen them mounted.

I also saw what the white GS was getting when they did a test most to get an idea of what it would look like.

I'm so jealous, I can't afford anything anymore because the wife and I were finally able to buy a home and not get outbid again, close in 30 days. Damn expensive in this area.
Old 04-05-05, 12:03 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bchau_gt
I wish I was there when you brought your wheels in Glen. I just know what brand they are, but wish I could've seen them mounted.

I'm so jealous, I can't afford anything anymore because the wife and I were finally able to buy a home and not get outbid again, close in 30 days. Damn expensive in this area.
Brian,
I'm (atleast) a few years ahead of you. I had a decently modded Acura until I bought my first home. Next cars after that were a minivan, an old Accord beater, and a new beetle. After a nine year hiatus, I picked up the GS and the rest is history.

I have a feeling you'll recover and be back in business sooner than the 9 year stint I went through.

When all else fails, you can just borrow your equity in 2 -3 years and be in debt for the rest of your life !

And YES you know about the wheels. Never seen this configration posted on CL yet. More teasers coming soon.

PS - Congrats on the new home!

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-05-05 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-05-05, 12:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

I also saw what the white GS was getting when they did a test most to get an idea of what it would look like.

congrats on the new house brian wife and i are thinking about getting one too, but not in the bay area of course, it just doesn't make any sense here... we might just buy in socal
Old 04-05-05, 09:23 AM
whytry
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the home Brian. I know what you mean about buying in the bay area.... I bought my house in Dec 03, and we made 120k in equity already!!! Gotta love CA real estate once you get it...

I saw the white GS getting test fitted as well, looked good, but I really like the Model 1's better than the Lsportline wheels he is going to get... But still, it looked good on his white ride!!!
Old 04-05-05, 12:34 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Thanks for the congrats guys, but we actually got some bad news today because the appraiser won't appraise the home for our offering price, so we'll see what pans out over the next few days. It's been such a long frustration struggle to get an offer accepted in the Bay Area, and then this happens. Oh well, hopefully things work out well.

Henry, I thought you already owned a home around Glen's neighborhood.
Old 04-05-05, 01:38 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Thanks for the congrats guys, but we actually got some bad news today because the appraiser won't appraise the home for our offering price, so we'll see what pans out over the next few days. It's been such a long frustration struggle to get an offer accepted in the Bay Area, and then this happens. Oh well, hopefully things work out well.

Nah...from what I hear, I think he just lives at Glen's

We're hoping for the best for you with the appraisal and all the hoops you gotta jump through to get the house. Hopefully things will turn up soon. Good luck!

-Jeff
Old 04-05-05, 03:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

nah, to be frank, i can't justify the price of houses around here. before me and my wife move in together, there is no way we can do it
Old 04-05-05, 06:20 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by inkblot
Nah...from what I hear, I think he just lives at Glen's

We're hoping for the best for you with the appraisal and all the hoops you gotta jump through to get the house. Hopefully things will turn up soon. Good luck!

-Jeff
Thanks Jeff. This is the place I was telling about in Hayward. We should know more by tomorrow; hopefully things will work out. If they do, then I'll be living around you and Rolando.
Old 04-05-05, 06:22 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
nah, to be frank, i can't justify the price of houses around here. before me and my wife move in together, there is no way we can do it
Well, maybe if you didn't have so many cars, then you'd already own a house here, haha. j/k
I can't believe you and your wife don't live together. I definitely understand what that's like because my wife and I had a long distance relationship until I had her move to California with me.
Old 04-05-05, 08:59 PM
PrlGS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by whytry
I saw the white GS getting test fitted as well, looked good, but I really like the Model 1's better than the Lsportline wheels he is going to get... But still, it looked good on his white ride!!!
Yes! The Model 1's are great! ....and I have them. Just got a hook-up from a CL member -Thanks John (49IS300) . I also live in NorCal. I have a few questions for you guys and am not sure if this is the right place to ask....but here it goes.
Are there any tires that you guys recommend and where can i get a good deal? I have the 19's with 8.5f and 10r and currently have the L-tuned S/S. Also how much would it cost at Exact to mount these on my GS? I want to get these babies on asap and am still waiting on my lug nuts from Todd at TM Engineering and center caps for the wheels.
Thanks in advance guys.
-Huan

Last edited by PrlGS3; 04-05-05 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-05-05, 10:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Well, maybe if you didn't have so many cars, then you'd already own a house here, haha. j/k
I can't believe you and your wife don't live together. I definitely understand what that's like because my wife and I had a long distance relationship until I had her move to California with me.
yup, socal and norcal, more than 3 1/2 yrs and counting. double expenses on living and utilities, and then extra money for travel and what not. you tell me

seriously, car payment isn't that much compared to all these extra costs
Old 04-05-05, 10:40 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by PrlGS3
Yes! The Model 1's are great! ....and I have them. Just got a hook-up from a CL member -Thanks John (49IS300) . I also live in NorCal. I have a few questions for you guys and am not sure if this is the right place to ask....but here it goes.
Are there any tires that you guys recommend and where can i get a good deal? I have the 19's with 8.5f and 10r and currently have the L-tuned S/S. Also how much would it cost at Exact to mount these on my GS? I want to get these babies on asap and am still waiting on my lug nuts from Todd at TM Engineering and center caps for the wheels.
Thanks in advance guys.
-Huan

Huan,
actually the Tirerack has the best prices for the brands they sell. I have a source that can beat tireraack by 10-20 each, but then you have to pay cash. If you are interested PM me and I'll refer you to him.

If you order from Tirerack there is no tax so that's hard to beat. Yopu can have them shipped direct to Exact since they are an authorized Tirerack installer. This way you don't have to lug the tires in the car and wait for UPS at home, etc. Just tell Sandy you have tires shipped to them and just schedule the mounting and balancing.

John takes great care in mounting and balancing. My rims retail for over $2k a piece, so who else would I trust?

Exact also sold me HRE rims for my wifes car and we just had Tirerack ship them the tires to mount.

One great deal is the road hazard insurance. I won't talk about it here. Just read about it on Tirerack. Getting a sidewall ruined on a $350 tire is a lot $$. With the tirerack warranty, the tire is replaced for free and not even pro rated.
Old 06-06-05, 03:56 PM
Fiya
Lead Lap

Talking Just had rims installed at Exact --Pics--

I just had my rims installed at Exact Motorsports. Thanks for everyone that suggested the place. They were very fast and the best price. Here is a picture I just took. i added a drop afterward in Photoshop because it needs it badly Just need to save up or find a good deal.
Attached Thumbnails Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.-smaller.jpg  

Last edited by Fiya; 06-16-05 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-06-05, 11:08 PM
RMMGS4

Verry Sporty & Agressive kit, but not overdone..

Rims look good too.

Be sure to go to Exact for servicing, engine and suspension work.

John is Putting Forced Induction in the Wifey's IS at the end of this month.
Old 06-07-05, 01:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

very nice, clean and simple. what wheels are they?

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.