Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-08, 04:22 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xinvazn
does EM install exhausts? and if so how much?
Yup,
they've done plenty of members cars over the past 7 years. They've even swapped the same exact exhaust in & out of several members cars !

They can also align the tips to in some cases where welding is not required.

Give em a call for a quote.
Old 02-06-08, 04:32 PM
xinvazn
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, got a quote for $60. guess i'll be taking my business there more often
Old 02-13-08, 02:11 PM
lastguy
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default About Exact

Thanks for people feedback my previous email on enquiry the repair shop. (mgr pls remove it as no use now)
I read 11 pages of the posts and they are helpful. No doubt Exact is a good shop trusted by many people here.
But, the price is allmost the same as dealers. I don't say it is expensive because both they are market priced and at least the job done is good enough.
The examples I read can half way prove the shop is good. Sb. asking tune up at 15000miles and said the result is noticible, yet real mechanical would suggests that there is no need for tune up at 15K- I did heard a story of it. Sb. feels it is encourage-able that the shop found a nail on his tire, yet any shop can do it for <$20. It has ECU analyzer yet such analyzer on ebay is $99 or less. I really want some heavy duty examples yet not much details are here, I'll try other posts.
Most people in this thread are free of car repair, that's fine; yet all major maintenance till 120K miles are not a big deal on any shop.
I read that the shop allows optionally change water pump at 90K. Most shops change water pump when they change timing belt, because the priced added is just a fraction of changing water pump alone. Such option acts like a trap.
I also read that 2year battery is gone. This is possible, yet my corolla battery lasts much longer than that, and autozone/walmart both do free check, change a dead battery is just simple.
Old 02-13-08, 09:31 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lastguy
Thanks for people feedback my previous email on enquiry the repair shop. (mgr pls remove it as no use now)
I read 11 pages of the posts and they are helpful. No doubt Exact is a good shop trusted by many people here.
But, the price is allmost the same as dealers. I don't say it is expensive because both they are market priced and at least the job done is good enough.
The examples I read can half way prove the shop is good. Sb. asking tune up at 15000 miles and said the result is noticible, yet real mechanical would suggests that there is no need for tune up at 15K- I did heard a story of it. Sb. feels it is encourage-able that the shop found a nail on his tire, yet any shop can do it for <$20. It has ECU analyzer yet such analyzer on ebay is $99 or less. I really want some heavy duty examples yet not much details are here, I'll try other posts.
Most people in this thread are free of car repair, that's fine; yet all major maintenance till 120K miles are not a big deal on any shop.
I read that the shop allows optionally change water pump at 90K. Most shops change water pump when they change timing belt, because the priced added is just a fraction of changing water pump alone. Such option acts like a trap.
I also read that 2year battery is gone. This is possible, yet my corolla battery lasts much longer than that, and autozone/walmart both do free check, change a dead battery is just simple.

Your comments are good, but run over too many topics, part of it I don't understand your abbreviations and the rest because you are responding to 11 pages and I don't know from which page or comment you are respnding to.

I only have a comment to a couple of your points.

What is this about Exact price being almost the same as the dealers? I know somewhere in the thread ONE person commented that was what they found out, but they are dead wrong. My Example: Exact includes spark plug change in their 90k tune up quote but the Lexus dealer does not. That's roughly a $180 charge on an 8 cyl. motor. If you don't want to change plugs, you can subtract that from their quote and compare that to what the dealer quotes you. Then we're comparing apples to apples.

If you can give us the name of a dealer you got a quote from then we can comare it to Exact, but over the past 6 years many people have gone to Exact and have not made that kind of comment about their pricing.

Exact is NOT the cheapest just a fair price for fair work performed and they know how to take care of your Lexus, some will say even better than the dealer. If you want the cheapest go to WalMart or Jiffy Lube.

If you can give us the name of an honest, reputable independent shop that knows how to take care of picky Lexus customers and they have good pricing, give us the name of the shop so people can check it out.

On your analyzer comment on Ebay for $99 I don't understand what you your point is, but Exact will analyze their existing customers cars for very cheap. Only new customers who have not done business with them will be charged the standard labor fee.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-13-08 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-22-08, 09:42 AM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

hey i wanted to make it clear.... 30/ 60/ 90K service is like what lexus would call the ultimate service... oil change, etc etc correct?
my 350 is coming up on its 30K soon i think i'm at 27K or so.... does anyone know the price exact charges? from what i read in the first few pages they seem very good and i'm out in marin so i might drive out there to get it done...
also rimmmmmmssss they reprogram the sensors?
and lastly....i saw someone said they allow installment payments? hows that work? they bill you? Lexus broke my bank a few weeks ago replaceing the ML amp....super boo boo and i jsut got a speeding ticket...thanks
Old 02-25-08, 01:41 AM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by markgs4
before going to Exact, I used to go to Toyotapro in Concord. Their prices seemed fair at the time (before I went to Exact), and they let you do installment payments too. You can try them if you dont want to go to a dealership. I thought Exact was too far from Concord, but its worth the drive to me for their expertise and the peice of mind. Good luck
can anyone back that up? do they allow installment payments?

thanks....
Old 02-25-08, 10:56 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy350

thanks....
Hi, we accepting all major credit card, we do have lay away plan (installment plan) for products we sell, but products can not be pick up until pay off, so same as the service on car. Thank you for interesting in doing business with us.

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 02-25-08, 08:11 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

rolled by exact for some price quotes today, gonna need to save up some money =(

clutch job and front and rear bushings are gonna put a deeper credit card hole =(. 20% off EOS coupon ftw!
Old 02-26-08, 11:41 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by teeman3
quick question for Exact:

What kind of battery do you recommend for the SC430 and do you have any in stock/inventory?

BTW, I'll be making an appt. either next week or the week after for my 60K tune-up.

thanks...teeman3
Hi, teeman, I can get Interstate battery for your car, has to order. May be Optima battery will be ok also, has to check it with your car. Stop by the shop when you have time. Thank you.

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 02-26-08, 01:05 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tommy350

thanks....
I think Tommy misread my post....but we cleared it up in IM....the installments were when I went to Toyotapro in Concord, not at Exact
Old 02-26-08, 07:32 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

hahaha yeah... i did read it wrong...but exact just said something bout it... PM'D! hahaha i'm lookin forward to do buisness with you.... i hear great stuff mannnn
Old 05-16-08, 03:44 PM
LEWIS250
Driver School Candidate

Default Santa Clara Ca Shop Rec. For Lowering My Is250

Hey Guys and Gals,
I'm still pretty new to the area, and don't really see much tuner shops here... i thought cali was notorious for TUNER SHOPS!..

anyways.. looking to lower my 07 250 on some eibachs...

any body know a shop in my area that won't charge an arm and a leg?

Thanks in advance!

Lewis
Old 05-16-08, 05:04 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uhh santa clara shops cost much more than socal shops... you will look for anywhere from 200-300 for a decent shop... most want 400-500 0.0 amazing how much cheaper it is to get it installed in socal (100-200 for a good job)

exact motorsports charges 270$
Old 05-16-08, 05:06 PM
LEWIS250
Driver School Candidate

FOR AN INSTALL?? omg.. im gonna have to re-think my future in nor-cal....

im looking to pay 150.. any takers?
Old 05-16-08, 07:23 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

geez 150 bucks is your limit? good luck finding a decent shop to do that for you. I think someone got that price up here by asking a tech to do it for him after hours as a side job. Maybe that's the only way you can get it installed for 150.

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.