Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports
Old 12-12-14, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-06, 09:20 AM
cabelaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I looked at the owners manual, and it is the check engine light. I have 88K miles, so it could be a warning for 90K service. I live in Sacramento, and do not relish a day in Milpitas, but I need to get quotes to get that done.

Do you know whether the 90K service prompts a Check Engine icon?
Old 05-25-06, 10:42 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cabelaw
Thank you. I looked at the owners manual, and it is the check engine light. I have 88K miles, so it could be a warning for 90K service. I live in Sacramento, and do not relish a day in Milpitas, but I need to get quotes to get that done.

Do you know whether the 90K service prompts a Check Engine icon?

I know in the newer models a service light comes on, not the check engine. The check engine may mean you need some additional work in addition to the 90k service.

Too bad you live far away, as Exact would diagnose the check engine for free, whereas other places will probably commit you to the repair job and not give free diagnosis and a quote. By the time you have a diagnosis, they already have you signed up for the job and just ask for your OK to move forward with the work. It's difficult to tell them at that point that you want to shop around.

Your best bet is to call Sandy & John at Exact, tell them you are in SAC but referred by ClubLexus. They can atleast quote you the 90k service and DO NOTE their service includes a spark plug change that the dealers don't include. That's got to be atleast an extra $100 to the cost. Highly recommended to change plugs, but you can option not to do it. If you need a loaner car, they can set you up with Enterprise rental.

If you go to the dealer they loan a car for free or so you think. Get the quote from Exact on the 90k and add the cost of rental car and it should still be significantly less than the dealer.

We have local members in SAC, but so far they haven't recommended any local shops, some of them do come to Milpitas.

If you choose to do business in your local area, let us know who you go to and what they charge, but please do get a quote from Exact as the savings may be worth it to you to come down.
Old 05-25-06, 12:53 PM
jdmdaddy
Lead Lap

Call my good friend Teo at Aqua Boys Marine (yes they do cars too) @ 916-397-0900. Tell them Craig told you to contact him regarding. He has done all work on all the family cars-and most importantly, located in Sac., W.Sac to be EXACT (got pun? )

-Craig
Old 05-25-06, 06:06 PM
RMMGS4

I just spoke with Exact today and they said check engine is not 90 k maintenance. Also to clarify, they will waive diagnostic fee if you do the 90k service. Unfortunately too many people come by for free diag. and then do the fix themselves, so they now will charge for diag alone and not charge if you decide to do the 90k work. Oh well.
Old 05-25-06, 11:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I just spoke with Exact today and they said check engine is not 90 k maintenance. Also to clarify, they will waive diagnostic fee if you do the 90k service. Unfortunately too many people come by for free diag. and then do the fix themselves, so they now will charge for diag alone and not charge if you decide to do the 90k work. Oh well.
well i think that's reaosnable offer anyway, most places do that. bottom line is you wanna do it right
Old 06-07-06, 01:53 PM
suloh
Rookie

Default Exact Labor Charges Control Arm bushings

Hi folks:

How much does Exact Motorsport charge to put in daizen control arm bushings into my 1992 LS400. I figured that by now, they would have pretty much mastered the technique and perhaps found an easy way to put it in.
Old 06-07-06, 02:02 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by suloh
Hi folks:

How much does Exact Motorsport charge to put in daizen control arm bushings into my 1992 LS400. I figured that by now, they would have pretty much mastered the technique and perhaps found an easy way to put it in.
They had the technique down a while ago. It def doesn't hurt to compare install notes directly with Todd at TM Engineering. They've probably done around 8 to 10 SC/GS cars now.

An LS400 might be different from a GS bushing install in the number of bushings and degree of difficulty. I know the SC is quite different in bushing set up than the GS.

You should just give Sandy a call and then you could tell us what they charge for the LS.
Old 06-08-06, 07:52 PM
RMMGS4

Too bad you didn't attend the Exact meet just over two weeks ago.

Exact gave a 20% discount on labor to all those that attended their meet.
Old 06-09-06, 06:03 AM
lexite
Driver

Too bad you didn't attend the Exact meet just over two weeks ago.

Exact gave a 20% discount on labor to all those that attended their meet.
Earlier this week I called up Exact to get an idea for my wife's ES 90k service. I mentioned 20% off for CL members. John told me I'll get 20% off, if done in June. So, I believe the discount may still be available.
Old 06-09-06, 12:18 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by lexite
Earlier this week I called up Exact to get an idea for my wife's ES 90k service. I mentioned 20% off for CL members. John told me I'll get 20% off, if done in June. So, I believe the discount may still be available.

Just need to make some clarification here.

I held a meet 2 weeks ago and those who attended received a 20% discount coupon. That discount was available ONLY to those who attended the meet and it does not expire until July 31.

Almost every major meet I hold this year we will give out discount coupons, raffle prizes, etc.

The discount coupons all have different expirations and I have given Exact discounts more than once this year so there are two expiration dates from them.

There will be some type of discount/raffle prizes given out at the upcoming BOS meet as well, not to mention Double Rapid Rewards points good towards the BIG GRAND PRIZES awarded at the EOS meet later this year.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-09-06 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-21-06, 01:56 AM
Jc4dint
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is Exact capable? 20x11.5 rim, tire dismount

I was wondering if anyone had experience with Exact with regards to dismounting a really wide rim. 20 x 11.5 in, with a stretch of 275/30. I believe rims this wide require a special machine.

Thanks
Old 06-21-06, 10:21 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Jc4dint
I was wondering if anyone had experience with Exact with regards to dismounting a really wide rim. 20 x 11.5 in, with a stretch of 275/30. I believe rims this wide require a special machine.

Thanks

They did my 20 x 11 rim with a 295/25. I wouldn't think a half inch wider will be much of a difference.

Just call Sandy to be sure.
Old 06-21-06, 11:38 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jc4dint

Thanks
Yes, we'll able to do this, the widest one we did 20x13.0. Call Sandy for pricing. Thank you!

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 06-21-06, 11:46 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They did my 20 x 11 rim with a 295/25. I wouldn't think a half inch wider will be much of a difference.

Just call Sandy to be sure.
Thank you, Glen for replying to this thread.

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 06-21-06, 12:42 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by EXACT
Thank you, Glen for replying to this thread.

No problem.

I just have to remember you are online now and can answer questions directly.

Quick Reply: Independent Shops for: 30/60/90k Service, Suspension Mods, Engine mods, etc.