Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Milpitas Square meets on Fridays

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-07, 01:14 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjZ06
You need to get those business owners involved. If they contact the police cheif, or the city and let them know that you all are welcomed guests and customers then the poilce have no right to kick you out of that lot. As long as nobody does anything stupid (burnouts, donuts, loud music etc) you should be all good.

-TJ
The thing with that though is that everything will be fine while you're on private property but it is not unusual for police officers to wait outside of the the lot for cars to pull out. Hot Import Nights is an example of this. I for one was surprised to hear that people were meeting up in Milpitas again. The city of Milpitas is notorious for being hard on car enthusiasts so it was only a matter of time until these meets were shut down.
Old 09-01-07, 11:29 AM
tjZ06
Driver

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
The thing with that though is that everything will be fine while you're on private property but it is not unusual for police officers to wait outside of the the lot for cars to pull out. Hot Import Nights is an example of this. I for one was surprised to hear that people were meeting up in Milpitas again. The city of Milpitas is notorious for being hard on car enthusiasts so it was only a matter of time until these meets were shut down.
At 200 cars I guess I agree. For a long time though my Club would have a few dozen (these days its much lower, seems like everybody is busy with work as we all "grow up" these days) to 100 cars weekly at McCarthy and had no problems. The only times guys got pulled over it wasn't right out of the lot, and they were doing stuff to draw way too much attention.

Sorry to hear it hasn't been as easy for you all.

Maybe we should try for just a Lexus GTG to keep the car-count under 50, and maybe meet in a different lot? I'd still like to see some local Lexo's (I'd really like to see a few lowered 2IS's on rims before I do mine).

-TJ
Old 09-01-07, 01:02 PM
jdmtruong
Lead Lap

How about the other side of 237? In and Out, Borders, etc.
Old 09-01-07, 01:47 PM
this1b0y
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jdmtruong
How about the other side of 237? In and Out, Borders, etc.
american stores close early in and out? lets all order a number 1 and drink coke.... haha. if we dont purchase stuff they might kick us out for hanging around? dont know just my 0.02
Old 09-01-07, 04:50 PM
tjZ06
Driver

Originally Posted by this1b0y
american stores close early in and out? lets all order a number 1 and drink coke.... haha. if we dont purchase stuff they might kick us out for hanging around? dont know just my 0.02
Like I said earlier: my Club has meet in the parking lot by the Starbucks (right by the B of A ATM that is on one of the "islands") for at least 5 years every Thursday. There's plenty of weeks nobody buys anything from *bucks. I'm sure if we met there and at least a few ppl got a coffee (so if a Cop rolls through he will see we're customers) we'd be okay. Again, the key will be keeping the #s down and keeping the "type" of crowd more up-scale.

-TJ
Old 09-02-07, 09:27 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tjZ06
Maybe we should try for just a Lexus GTG
I'd still like to see some local Lexo's (I'd really like to see a few lowered 2IS's on rims before I do mine).

-TJ
TJ, you should come to EOS.