Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

GS350 Clear Bra! Check It Out..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-07, 09:06 AM
tmag
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advise all, sorry silvr for jumping on, on your thread.
Old 05-16-07, 03:05 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAnt
...the bug's blood tends to soak into the clearbra and leave a mark you can't get out...
Bug has blood now?

Just kidding. Does anyone know how to remove a scratch on the clearbra? Please don't tell me the clearbra is meant to be scratched or replace it with a new one. I scratched my clearbra during a car wash and it just looks ugly...
Old 05-16-07, 05:27 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by memasterac
Bug has blood now?

Just kidding. Does anyone know how to remove a scratch on the clearbra? Please don't tell me the clearbra is meant to be scratched or replace it with a new one. I scratched my clearbra during a car wash and it just looks ugly...
You can try Novus plastic polish. It comes in 3 bottles, polish, scratch remover and cleaner.

Just get Only the scratch remover to see if it will work. No need to buy the rest. If your scratch is too deep it won't come out, but it might not look as bad. Use a lot of elbow grease and hard & fast rubbing with repetitive applications of Novus using a terry towel. You are basically a human buffer.

You can get Novus at Tap Plastics. Do a search for their stores all over the bay area. I believe the container store may have Novus as well.

Others may chime in on other sources as well.
Old 05-17-07, 06:11 PM
madness
Pole Position

You can also try Plexus if you can't find the Novus although there is a tap plastic in my neck of the woods. Mountain View. My clear bra is kinda cool the material self heals so whenever I get a scratch or a swirl on the clearbra. I just put it out in the sun and scratches gone.
Old 05-18-07, 08:36 AM
JasonC
Pole Position

My dime goes to Premier as hguy mentioned. I've seen many many others including from Central and Socal and nobody can come close to these guys. Seen Glenn's car as well and it was t*ts!!! I got to their open house late last year, but did get a chance to see 3 Porsche carreragts that were completely condomized! Absolutely could not tell until they told me it was all braed. My buddy with (lambo orange) G35 coupe had it done over at Omega and it came out pretty bad. On the mirrors and nose, it had a lot of lines. It's supposed to be "normal" but never went away.
Old 05-18-07, 10:15 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. I'll get the Novus kit since a Tap Plastics store just off Mowry Ave in Fremont.

I took my car back to Premier yesterday. Sam took care of me. He used the heat gun and the scratches slowly disappeared. He did not recommend doing this at home if you are not experienced.

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
You can try Novus plastic polish. It comes in 3 bottles, polish, scratch remover and cleaner.

Just get Only the scratch remover to see if it will work. No need to buy the rest.
Old 05-18-07, 10:20 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the tips. Plexus did not work on my clearbra although I do wish my clear bra will self heal like yours.

Originally Posted by madness
My clear bra is kinda cool the material self heals so whenever I get a scratch or a swirl on the clearbra. I just put it out in the sun and scratches gone.
Old 05-18-07, 11:44 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Hmm not what i've seen recently. I've seen about the same kinda work from the place aforementioned. Cant really say theirs is that great at all. I've seen examples on many key NorCal members' cars whom i will not mention. Not to discredit them because I think they do nice work...but it's not flawless as people perceive. They have their fair share of issues as well. I've seen the shortcuts that happen around sharp edges and corners...which leaves larged exposed areas. That in my opinion is the easy way out of a difficult application. Sadly no one has it perfect...not even those that claim to be the best or have to continually ask customers to plug them in every way possible. It's ironic because there are a handful of people here who continually do it. Especially a handful of those with such a short post history.

Last edited by flipside909; 05-18-07 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-18-07, 11:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I've had good results with Meguiars Plastix as far as clear bra maintenance is concerned.
Old 05-18-07, 11:47 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Excellent ... All i Need to do is get the rest of my kit and get new paint and do this same thing to it !
Old 05-19-07, 12:18 AM
tmag
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
I will also vouch for Omega in Pleasanton.

I've seen other clearbra work done from other sources in the Bay Area. Don't be fooled by exotic cars on a website. I've seen the quality of work done on those cars including some of our own members...it's not that great for what you pay for.
Well got an appointment for this Sat. guess we'll see,
SilverSprt, did you detail (wax) the car yet with the clearbra on, if so how did it look?
Old 02-28-13, 10:16 AM
Cookie168
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SilverSprt
Anyways, I'm pretty **** about my car so had to get this. Now I have some piece of mind when I drive around now. Next project is to tint the windows!! Cheers!
Wow thanks so much for sharing the pictures!! I was curious to see if the clear armor would look "obvious" or tacky before getting one. I totally hear you on being **** about your car ~ I just bought a new GS and I'm super uptight and want to keep it in immaculate condition. Cheers to GS 350
Old 02-28-13, 12:06 PM
Cookie168
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SilverSprt
Hey guys,

I just recently got my GS350 and my other RX has been banged up by rocks and chips galore so I decided to get this clear armor on my car. I've been soo paranoid since my car is white and I don't want any chips on it. Basically, I got all the areas prone to chips covered on my car. Anyways, here are some pictures I wanted to share..kinda hard to see, but it's worth a try...

First picture is of the front...parts covered my clear bra: 24 inches of the hood, front part of fender, all lights (head, fog, brights)
Did you get it installed at Lexus or aftermarket body shop?
Old 03-02-13, 12:12 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Clear bra is great. I'd recommend the full hood though. We've done two cars are Premier and both turned out well, but not flawless. We took both cars back to have debris that was trapped under the film removed. The two cars we did were both white, so it's probably fairly easy to miss some of the smaller debris, but they cleaned it up nicely both times.
Old 03-02-13, 10:12 AM
PTmobile
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this thread was 7 years old.

Quick Reply: GS350 Clear Bra! Check It Out..