Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Official EOS5 post-meet pics and thoughts -- Big THANK YOU to all!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-06, 08:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Official EOS5 post-meet pics and thoughts -- Big THANK YOU to all!

3 months of hard work all came down to one day. A lot of sweat, a lot of stress, and a lot of late nights. But the outcome was totally worth it, and it's another big THANK YOU to all participants of EOS5!!!

It was another great meet today, and definitely nice to see soooo many new and old faces throughout the meet. So awesome to talk to many of you about cars, and even more exciting I finally got to talk to a lot of you face to face!

First of all, we need to give a big thumbup to Hameed. He's probably the most behind the scene person, providing hosting service to our lgwnorcal.com website, and also provide all the database support for all registrations that you guys submitted. without his help, we wouldn't have been able to get you guys roll in as smoothly!! BIG THANKS, Hameed!

Everything started at around 7 when core staff arrived, and by the time the gate opened at 9:30 we already had a long line of Lexus outside!!!

We ended up having around 130 cars showing at EOS5 today at Lemans Karting. Aside from all the "usual suspects" (GS300/400/430, IS300, SC300/400), we had a lot of IS250/350 joining this year as well. I am excited about that since obviously in the years to come, they will drive the whole Lexus crowd!

Everything went smoothly, the Karting sessions and the Championship was fun, and at the end of the hot day, Raffle went on very well as well and a lot of people walked away as winners (including me!!! Finally I won something after all these years!)

The meet ended at around 3:30pm, and just like previous years, by the time I left at 4:30, we still had people in the parking lot. Talk about a big crowd! It took me more than 45 mins to say goodbye to everyone!!!!!!

As one of the organizers, first of all I'd like to say thanks to all the vendors who provided your support to EOS5. We were so glad that some of you were able to take out time from your precious weekend and meet with members. Of course, thank you for all the raffle items, I am sure everyone had a great time, and a lot of us walked away with more stuff in the trunk!

I also want to acknowledge two people here, Tee (teeman3) and Solomon (solo) for donating products personally for the raffle. This is very cool of them, and their dedication to the local crowd is just top class

Secondly, before I forget, we are very honored to have two guys coming all the way from Arizona to join us for EOS5!!!!!!! Zach (4GRAINR) and Clifford (cliffud) did an amazing 800 miles trip in 2 days to drive from Arizona to Socal and then to Norcal, and they will set foot back to Arizona pretty soon on Tuesday. I am very glad that you guys were able to enjoy the show and both of you guys won something!!!!!!!

For sure there is no way we could have pulled off a meet of this scale without tons of support from some members throughout the past 3 months and also today. With roughly 1000 emails (I did a rough count just now) between us, you can imagine the work behind. I'd like to take my hat off to all the staff today. Ron, Chris G, Will, Jean, Chris L, Elizabeth, Solomon, Ryan, Rolando, Joe, Charles, Tee, Alan, Mike, Baptiste, Mark, Suneet, Brian, James, and Manny. You guys rock!!!!

And last but not least, everyone please give another big applaud to Glen (RMMGS4). He's pretty much the soul behind EOS throughout the past years, and his dedication, vision, focus, and passion completely explain the success of all these meets. Without him, we wouldn't have EOS1. And without him, we wouldn't have developed EOS5 to the scale it was today.

With the end of EOS5, it not only marked another successful year for LGWnorcal, but it also marked an end to some of us. Glen and I together with some other "old guys" are retiring from organizing another meet.

But it's not the end for everyone at all, that's for sure. After the meet ended, I already heard words and ideas about next year's EOS, and we already see faces who we know will pick up from there and continue our "tradition". It can only mean better, larger, more ideas, and more fun!

So until then, continue to prepare your car, you never know what's next! And for now, all I (and I am sure a lot of other staff) need is -- SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!

(and just in case I missed any names here and there, my apology. Hopefully after a good night sleep I can fix my errors )

Last edited by rominl; 10-06-06 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-24-06, 10:00 PM
al7ezza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default EOS5 Photos

Dear all,

Here are the photos that I took today, to speed up my upload process. All photos' resolution are being lowered.. However, no Photo Doctoring were conducted.... Enjoy!

http://studio.solvecomp.com/EOS2K6/

Should you need a full resolution of the photo, please PM me.

Old 09-24-06, 11:19 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicccce pictures Chris!
Hahahahaha, Rolo always poses funny shots.
Old 09-24-06, 11:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

and believe it or not, considering how tired i was, i didn't even take one picture during the whole meet. so guys, post up here
Old 09-24-06, 11:54 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Henry during raffle you were so tired you looked like you could fall over instantly.
Old 09-24-06, 11:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Henry during raffle you were so tired you looked like you could fall over instantly.
lol, actually, you could have done that since early morning
Old 09-25-06, 12:06 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Nah, you were on pure adreneline, running around like crazy trying to organize.
Old 09-25-06, 12:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh btw, i was pretty surprised (in a good way) that almost all of you came with the confirmation sheet and the confirmation number great job everyone. i was afraid that a lot of people would come with nothing in their hands. but aside from the very few cases, you guys all brought yours you guys made the roll in process very smooth!!!!
Old 09-25-06, 12:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Nah, you were on pure adreneline, running around like crazy trying to organize.
haha, guess i still failed after all the years.

alright guys, good night. i can't even focus on the screen @_@
Old 09-25-06, 12:54 AM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for a great meet everyone, it was nice meeting some of you I had a great time and look forward to the next one
Old 09-25-06, 07:24 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

I wanted to say my thanks to Glen and Henry for all their hardwork and dedication through the years for our local Norcal group as well as the other core members who have been a part of this. Ron between all the emails and IM's trying to get things finished it has been funny and interesting. The whole experience of planning and the behind the scenes work has taught me a new perspective in what it takes to put an event of this magnitude together. It was great seeing old faces and meeting new ones. Karting was a blast, but 10 laps goes by too fast.

Thanks to Will for giving me that double Rockstar drink, without that I would have not last as long as I did thoughout the day. Liz next I won't miss lunch. haha

Chris, great job with the pictures.

I look forward to what will come for future meets...
Old 09-25-06, 07:57 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

I would like to echo Chris's sentiments for all of Henry and Glens hardwork and dedication through the past few years. I think out of all the 1000 or so emails that Henry got I got 400 of them!

I would also like to extend a BIG THANK YOU to Chris for redesigning the www.lgwnorcal.com website. Yeah, some of those emails/IM's were pretty funny and intresting. Thanks for letting me bounce some ideas off you. And that lunch you missed was OUTSTANDING!!!

4GRAINER & Cliffud, you guys rock!! It was a pleasure to meet both of you and I do hope that 1500 mile drive was worth it and we live up to all the hype. At least you guys didn't go home empty handed, btw how was the "inspirational mix"?

It was nice seeing familar faces that I haven't seen since the last EOS and meeting new people.

If I remember right the socal folks were the big winners!!!
Old 09-25-06, 08:01 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Hands down to the family for throwing yet another killer show. This is especially special with many of the core members stepping down to noticing the potential of others stepping up to continue the tradition. I believe EOS can only get better and bigger in years to come.

The SoCal family has always been supportive all these years. Thank you for making EOS5 one to remember. Ryan, you always come through for NorCal.. Thanks buddy. See u and the SoCal family in November.

Glen, (Mr. Millen) Henry.. great job. Go sleep and we can do dinner to recap on the day. LGW Family, you guys are the foundation. Everyone that donated their time and effort you are most important.

I know I was a tad late to this years EOS, but I want to thank everyone who came and took the time to meet Emma Lee. To see so many ppl crowd around the car taking pictures was so amazing. You all have my deepest respect.

CL Family, thank you for 5 years! It has been one amazing journey and I will carry these memories for years to come.

- Solomon Lee
Old 09-25-06, 08:03 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Make sure to upload all of your EOS V.5 Pics here.......

***CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD: EOS v.5 Gallery***

For those that came with us up from SoCal...you can view all of your SoCal to NorCal Convoy Pics here:

SoCal to NorCal Convoy Gallery

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited by flipside909; 09-25-06 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-25-06, 10:41 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lizzy, Lizzy, Lizzy........Asiangirl, I am soooooo sorry I totally forgot about you. I had extra gifts and was kind of tired and been sitting in the sun all day and started passing them out to some folks I knew. Plus, I was kind of spinning from the VSOP and was in a scramble to get rid of all my extra gifts at the end.

I have and will not forget about you and definitely will take care of you at the next meet, babe. I will conjure up a nice gift for you that no one will have, it's going to be more unique than the EOS gifts.

For those of you that got the EOS5 "Inspirational Mix", How was it?

Last edited by martini3; 09-25-06 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Official EOS5 post-meet pics and thoughts -- Big THANK YOU to all!