Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

EOS5 - THELASTDANCE: End of an ERA - Passing the torch to the NEW CREW

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-06, 11:46 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default EOS5 - THELASTDANCE: End of an ERA - Passing the torch to the NEW CREW

After 5 years of organizing EOS, it has now come time for me to step down and pass the torch to the New Crew.

We started with a small group of people just meeting for lunch, and it ended up one month later with our very first End Of Summer meet. We were quite happy with the results, having 40 cars in attendance, but with no insight as to what the future would bring. Back then we knew nothing about nothing. We searched all over to find an appropriate venue with adequate parking space, we brainstormed on how to promote the event, we took our first shot at seeking sponsorship & asking for raffle items, and we made an amature attempt to create an event flyer and shoot meet videos.

From these humble beginnings, we have achieved many things, from having a record attendance of over 140 cars, we released a meet DVD that sold all over the world, we gave away over $20k in raffle prizes, and had a record number of long distance participants come from as far away as Los Angeles and Arizona.

Since then, I learned a lot about organizing meets, made a lot of friends and shared good times that I will always cherish. Over these past five years within the original eight core team members, two have graduated from college, three bought new homes, four have been married, three babies have been born with two more on the way.

So it becomes apparent that we have not only grown within our NorCal Lexus family, but within our personal lives as well. We have become much more than just Lexus enthusiasts, we have become life long friends, where attending mini meets now competes with attending weddings and baby showers. These friendships are sure to last longer than most of us will own our Lexus cars.

As life would have it, many of the originating core team have already moved on, and for myself, Solo and Rominl, EOS 5 marks the end of an era, as we are the last of the originating vets to retire.

I look towards the New Crew to carry on this tradition that we started. Continue the family like camaraderie, continue the regular mini meets where friendships are made and grow, and continue with EOS, where we celebrate the End of Summer and share our hospitality with the rest of the Lexus Community, both near and far. I am not going anywhere, so expect to see me once in a while and I will be there to advise and support whenever needed. I may even post a mini meet or two myself.

To Rominl, Solo, Jawnthen, Synergy, Neo, r.maestas, redgs4, it was great for all of us to attend EOS 5 and in all but two cases, show up with our cars. You guys have been with me through it all. Your support, friendship and contributions are a TRUE culmination of what makes EOS what it is today. I am nothing without you. Thanks for going along with me on this memorable ride.

Last but most important, I am sure I speak for all the core team who are married (all but one), WE could not have pursued our passion for Lexus and supporting EOS without our wives and family there to back us up. I humbly bow to them for the support and sacrifices made and I must especially call out to my wife "INDGOGRL" for being there for me every step of the way and for keeping the mod frenzy between my GS and her IS going on forever. (see story here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=sibling)

Time to turn the page and wish the NEW Crew all the best in keeping up the NorCal tradition.

Thanks to everyone who attended and helped make EOS 5 another memorable event. You Are A Part of History !

See you all "with me as just a participant" at EOS 6 !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The story line above is an excerpt from the article published on the LGWNorCal website.

The entire Story and Photo Gallery with "Never Before Seen Photos" is now available for viewing at: www.LGWNorCal.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-05-06 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-02-06, 04:09 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
The story line above is an excerpt from the complete write up to be published on the LGWNorCal website.

The entire Story and Photo Gallery with "Never Before Seen Photos" will soon be available for viewing at: www.LGWNorCal.com

The new article will be posted in less than 24 hours from now.

Thanks !!!!
Looking forward to checking this out Glen.

-Will
Old 10-02-06, 04:53 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Ive been around for quite a while.. and only just now made it to EOS5.. I have to express my appreciation to all of the organizers who put it together. Ive heard and read quite a bit about the previous meets, and all i can say is, wow. You guys do an amazing job, and it certainly doesnt go unrecognized. I look forward to many more meets in the future, maybe ill even have a hand in one. Thanks to all of you who make this club what it is. Look forward to the pics, and the exhaust vid.. thanks again
Old 10-02-06, 11:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

very nice pics! are we going to get full size pics of them? considering my photo taking skill, i might as well snap some here as my wallpapers

this is going to be great memory for me
Old 10-03-06, 12:29 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, i read the IS threads, you really do treat your Lexi like children Glen! Anyways, thanks for the great events, and I learned a few things along the way at the Pleasant Hill and EOS V meets.
Old 10-03-06, 11:29 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
very nice pics! are we going to get full size pics of them? considering my photo taking skill, i might as well snap some here as my wallpapers

this is going to be great memory for me
For some reason when the photos were uploaded to the LGWNorCal site, the photos were down sized.

I would of liked the larger full size photos as well. Let me check with Jeff to figure out why that is the case.

I should be able to get you wallpaper sized photos for any shots you wish.

I guess this is a good time to thank Jeff "kokonutjc" for being our Official EOS photographer since EOS v3.

Please check out his site at www.Palmphotography.com
Old 10-03-06, 08:40 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first time I was introduced to ClubLexus was about 2 or 3 years ago. I met Glen at Sacramento raceway. I dont think he remembers though. From that moment on I knew I wanted to become a member. Over the years I have learned so much and met alot of good people. It is kind of sad to see Glen and the crew go but I do look forward to getting to know the new crew. I will look forward to many more meets to come.
Old 10-03-06, 09:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
The first time I was introduced to ClubLexus was about 2 or 3 years ago. I met Glen at Sacramento raceway. I dont think he remembers though. From that moment on I knew I wanted to become a member. Over the years I have learned so much and met alot of good people. It is kind of sad to see Glen and the crew go but I do look forward to getting to know the new crew. I will look forward to many more meets to come.
and the funny thing is where you work it's so close to where we live
Old 10-03-06, 09:45 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RMMGS4 is a person of vision and contention. To be content w/ himself is to envision the CL community of NorCal blossom into a mixture of all races and creeds and each individual's passion to which they share a common ground.
"Cars." This passion is not only limited to "cars", but it also extends the feeling of generousity, inspiration, committment, wisdom, experience, preserverance and dedication that is felt by all.

The core's group supporting cast to which RMMGS4 has conspired over the years have dedicated their personal time to help achieve many goals and objectives. They are the instruments that make a valuable contribution to the success of an orchestra.

His shoes and the core groups' shoes will be hard to fill. Thus, to accomplish the impossible is a challenge which motivates the possibility of achieving success.

The end of an era is here but the beginning of a new era is not afar.

Thanks for the great memories.

Last edited by martini3; 10-03-06 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-04-06, 05:52 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new team sure has some big shoes to fill.
Old 10-04-06, 07:44 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face BIG Shoes to Fill.

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
The new team sure has some big shoes to fill.
Careful Girl!, we might recruit you.

-Will
Old 10-04-06, 10:00 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glen its been great bud, thanks for everything Ive only been on board since v4 but ive had a blast