Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Any gas stations with free air around San Jose/Santa Clara?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-06, 03:05 PM
sportdsign
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any gas stations with free air around San Jose/Santa Clara?

I think there is a California Law that requires Gas Station to provide free air for tires for their patrons. However, now-a-days the majority of the gas station charges for air. My local Chervon on Curtner Ave/ Lincoln in the Willow Glenn area now does not have free air anymore. I do not mind paying for air, but sometimes the timer on those machine are to short. I like to take my time on my tires to get the right psi.

Does any one know any local gas stations with free air around San Jose / Santa Clara? How do you guys keep your tires with the right psi?
Old 08-20-06, 05:02 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

have you asked them to turn it on after you bought something...aslo you can give a call to the Better Business Bureu and tell them whats going on, thats what they are there for.
Old 08-20-06, 07:16 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive noticed that too around my area. One evening, I went to about 3 or 4 gas stations in my local area to put air, and only because I didnt have any loose change to pay for air
Old 08-20-06, 07:23 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe all gaqs stations are required by law to give free air to paying patrons.

Just need to ask them after a fill up.
Old 08-20-06, 08:47 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Free Air.

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I believe all gaqs stations are required by law to give free air to paying patrons.

Just need to ask them after a fill up.
I remember reading that at the gas station where the air is located. Yes it is a law.
Or just stop by any Lexus dealer and ask them to put air in it for you.
-Will
Old 08-21-06, 07:56 AM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

I got tired of looking for gas station to fill air, so I just purchased my self one of those $99 air compressor from Sears. Than I have access to air everyday anyday
Old 08-21-06, 08:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yes, it is a law!!!!!!!!!!!! but the law says if you are a customer of the gas station, meaning you add gas for your car there, then you are eligible to ask for free air. read all the prints and such on the air/water machine, it's written there.

to me since i don't add air often, usually i just put in 50 cents for it
Old 08-21-06, 02:22 PM
al7ezza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with you all.... It is a law if you buy gas from them and you are entitle to get free "air"..

It used to Chervon stations provide air and water for free (no matter if you buy gas from them or not). I also noticed that "freebie" has gone two months.

Gosh.... should they keep it for me since they earn big big bucks these days...
Old 08-21-06, 06:40 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

I find that even when i dont buy gas. If i ask they will turn the air on at no cost. But to me, to have to ask, i find it more annoying than anything . Even when you do buy gas, and let the cashier know you want to use the air. You still have to go back inside a 2nd time to have them turn it on.
And alot of times , I have to go a 3rd time because they either didnt press it hard enough, or they "forgot" to press the button.
So 1/2 the time i just say F-it .
Anyhow, There is a shell station on the corner of Saratoga/Sunnyvale Rd and Prospect that has free air to all. And its always on as far as i know.

There is also a 76 next to the Target on Stevens Creek and Saratoga S'vale that is a quarter .
Old 08-21-06, 09:24 PM
sportdsign
Rookie

I know the feeling. Sometimes the Cashier gives you a weird look! Thanks for the update on the location.

I just found another location on East San Jose. The Chevron on Quimby and White rd still as free air without the hassle of asking or those times when you do not have any loose quarters.
Old 08-21-06, 11:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
I find that even when i dont buy gas. If i ask they will turn the air on at no cost. But to me, to have to ask, i find it more annoying than anything . Even when you do buy gas, and let the cashier know you want to use the air. You still have to go back inside a 2nd time to have them turn it on.
And alot of times , I have to go a 3rd time because they either didnt press it hard enough, or they "forgot" to press the button.
So 1/2 the time i just say F-it .
Anyhow, There is a shell station on the corner of Saratoga/Sunnyvale Rd and Prospect that has free air to all. And its always on as far as i know.

There is also a 76 next to the Target on Stevens Creek and Saratoga S'vale that is a quarter .
Originally Posted by sportdsign
I know the feeling. Sometimes the Cashier gives you a weird look! Thanks for the update on the location.

I just found another location on East San Jose. The Chevron on Quimby and White rd still as free air without the hassle of asking or those times when you do not have any loose quarters.

that's exactly why i just pay the 50 cents, not like i am goint to die without it. no disrespect, but i did the same thing back in my acura days, going to cashier and said i added gas and want to get free air. the cashier pressed the button no problem, but see his look, and that i had to spend all the time going there and get in line and what not? forget it