Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

EOS5 The Last Dance -- History and Meaning Behind (Annoucement)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-06, 09:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default EOS5 The Last Dance -- History and Meaning Behind (Annoucement)

The Last Dance - The Short History of LGW and news on departure

It all started out on a summer day in 2002. Several relatively new Lexus owners from ClubLexus gathered during lunch time for a little get- together at Milpitas. It was informal and unorganized, but everyone had fun. That was pretty much the day Glen (RMMGS4), Chris W. (Redgs4), Chris L. (Synergy), and I (rominl) first met each other.

The little crowd continued to grow, and towards the end of that first summer, we decided to organize a bigger and better meet for all Lexus owners in the Bay Area. With the help of ClubLexus, that marked our first ever official meet – “End of Summer”. It was a BBQ meet held at Lake Elizabeth in Fremont. Everyone was excited about the 40 cars showing up, but little did we know what would happen in the years to come.

Over the next year, our little core group continued to grow, Chris N. (Neo), Solomon (solo), Rolando (r.maestas), and Jonathen (Jawnthen) soon joined as well. We began to meet quite frequently and shared about our passion for cars. We went out to dinner, karting, or even just hung out together in a garage talking about cars. Finally after one of our karting events, plus a lot of pizza and beer, we came up with a name for our group, and that marked the birth of LexusGoneWild.

The summer of 2003 quickly arrived and with our passion and experience from EOS1, we wanted to push for another big annual meet. But with the boom in the Lexus crowd, we had to locate to a larger facility and we ended up holding our EOS2 meet at the Lexus of Stevens Creek Service Facility. All of the core committee members worked very hard and the result was stunning, with over 100 cars showing and tremendous vendor support. EOS2 showed us how big and enthusiastic the NorCal Lexus crew was, and it also brought us a lot of joy seeing people enjoying the meet.

The momentum strongly carried over to 2004,as we started to even more aggressively promote our annual EOS3 meet, which was also held at Lexus of Stevens Creek. The core team started organizing the meet as early as 5 months ahead, pulling in a lot more vendors and raffle items, and we negotiated even more parking space. The end result? A record setting 140 Lexus cars in attendance and over $10,000 in raffle items given away. It was arguably the meet that we put in the most effort ever, and we were very excited about the outcome.

We continued the tradition last year and put together EOS4, which was still held at Lexus of Stevens Creek. It has indeed become an annual tradition for us, and since most of us are now veterans at organizing meets, everything went smoothly and we pulled off another meet of around 140 cars. It was also the time that we changed our chapter name from Lexus Gone Wild to LGWNorCal. The new name is a little more classy and a little less ”Fast N Furious”, which was more of the image we wanted to represent for our Lexus moniker. So now you know how our name evolved. We did notice the space limitation at the Lexus facility, which has always limited our ability to expand and promote the event, and is why we have now moved to a new location for EOS5.

Fast forward to today; EOS5 is soon coming up in another month and a half. This time we are bringing the meet to you guys at the Lemans Karting location in Fremont, which has the ability to hold at least 170 cars and also has space for vendors and sponsors. Together with the karting activity, it's going to be a new try for us to bring on more excitement for you guys.

However, sadly with EOS5, it will also mark the last meet that the original LGW core team will organize a meet. At the end of this meet, we will step down as organizers and we will retire from organizing future meets.

Five years is not a short time, and we have tremendous pride in ourselves, about what we have done with all the meets we have put together. Of course none of that would have happened without the support from countless volunteers, participants, and sponsors. But just like everything, we all have our priorities and it is now time to turn that next page in our lives. In fact, over the past few years, we have gradually lost some of the core committee members for the same reason.

At this point for EOS5, Glen and I are pretty much the only two left (with Solo also contributing his last graphic designs for EOS), who have been there since EOS1. It's been a long journey and definitely something none of us will ever forget. It's just time for us to step down and move on.

With that said, it doesn't mean the end of everything. We will look to the next generation of locals to carry the torch and continue the LGW tradition. I am sure we will continue to be around to provide as much of our knowledge and support as possible, but it would be great to see what the new blood can bring in for new ideas. It’s all up to you now.

So I think this explains everything about the "Last Dance" in our meet flyer for this year, and we’ll try our best again to make this another great meet! With a couple of new Lexus models and the new location, I am sure this meet will be better than ever! Make sure you register online for a spot, and please help spread the word!

Sincerely,

LGWNorCal retiring vets: Rominl, RMMGS4, Solo, Redgs4, r.maestas, Jawnthen, Synergy, Neo

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-10-06 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-03-06, 09:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Here are some pics I put together showing our little over 5 years of history.

This is how it all got started -- a small lunch meet in Milpitas back in summer 2002. Some of us just had our cars for several months

Several months later, we put together the first offical meet. At that time we didn't really have a name for it, but now we have always referred it as EOS1 (End of Summer).

Not too shabby to see 40 cars together considering that it was our first time

And at that time, we were actually able to get a group picture of everyone at the meet!! This never happened again since the crowd quickly exploded to over 100 all the time

Next year in 2003, we kicked it up a bit notch and put together EOS2 at Lexus of Stevens Creek service center in San Jose, which attracted over 100 cars

Again in 2004, we continued EOS3 at Lexus of Stevens Creek, where we provided even more programs and raffles for all members

This is a picture of the core team (and family) together with helpers

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-03-06 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-03-06, 09:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

For EOS4 last year, we again held it at Lexus of Stevens Creek (although we really hit the space limit this time). With the help of Lexus Corporate and long list of vendors, it was another successful turnout.

Here's a pic of the core team last year in front of the RMM IS430

From Left to Right: rominl, flipside909, redgs4, neo, AL7EZZA, solo, RMMGS4

And to show just how big the LGW family has grown into? We put together all the team members including volunteers for EOS4 in the following pic. It has indeed become a big event

Now it's time to get EOS5 rolling. People let's come and make history!!!!

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-03-06 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-03-06, 01:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I think the following picture shows the best of the original core team (where some of us will be retiring after EOS5)

On the left in the back is Synergy (Chris). His wife Heather is the left most Ms on the front row. He's been MIA for a while, and he's now a proud Porsche owner!

For the front row, the left most is flipside909 (Ryan). He's been long time SoCal lead who helps take care of all caravans as well as Lexus Corp relationship.

On the second right, second from the left, that's Al7ezza (Chris). He's contributed a lot of ideas for the meets and also helped out whener you can for our meets.

Next would be lex400sc (Rich). He's probably one of the earliest guys among us with his SC400, and whenever we need him, he's right there.

Behind Rich is Redgs4 (Chris). As usual, he stays behind the scene a lot, but whenever we need something quick he's always there to provide opinions and help.

To the left of Rich is solo (Solomon), and his wife Serena is in front of him. He has been our primary graphic design guy throughout this time. All the flyers from EOS2 to EOS5 are by him (together with all the BOS flyers), as well as the tshirt. He also helps out whatever he can during the meet as well.

Behind Solomon is Jawnthen (Jonathan). He has been doing video editing for us on couple of the meets.

Next is our big guy, RMMGS4 (Glen), and his wife Maricar (INDGOGRL) in front. I don't think I need to do any introduction about this guy, you all know what he has brought to the group

Next is rmaestas (Rolando) and his wife Ava in front. Rolando always give us the most fun and jokes when everyone is dog tired and stressed from organizing the meet. And he was always there to help out when I need him.

Last of all, it's me (rominl, Henry) and my wife Ritsa on the right hand side. I guess I have been in charge of all the parking during EOS meets from the beginning, and also do a lot of backgroud work on planning, scheduling and communication with vendors.

Sadly - The only missing core member from the photo is Chris N. (Neo). He helped get the LGW Website started as well as do a bunch of background work for meet sponsorships, and other logistics. He was probably still running around while we did this shot.

What a big family we have become.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-03-06 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-03-06, 02:23 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thanks for the memories

There's no way I can thank all the volunteer's and core members who have worked with me throughout these past 5 years. When I have more time, I'll go back to this post and add more substance, but for now I will just say a simple , THANKS !

As Henry said, this will be the last activity that I will be organizing for NorCal.

This does not mean that this is the end of EOS or future NorCal meets.

I know there are many talented and dedicated active members out there who can organize future meets and activities.

It is now time for others to step it up and carry on the torch. I encourage all those interested in continuing our LGWNorCal legacy to band together at EOS5 and organize a new team to carry on the LGW tradition.

I will continue to be active as a moderator on the forums and I will do what I can to give advice to future members in organizing meets and activities.

I wish the future member/organizers the best of luck and I hope to see an EOS meet held next year where I will be "just" an attendee.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-03-06 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-03-06, 03:35 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful writeup, Henry.

I'd also like to thank the original and new(er) Norcal crew that have consistently put together so many high quality meets and events over the years. I'm proud to be associated with such a top notch group of people and consider myself lucky to count them as friends.
Old 08-03-06, 03:54 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First and foremost to the NorCal meet organizers:

THANKS!!!!!

I don't think this has been said enough to you guys over the past few years. Your dedication to this site and to the NorCal lexus contingent is truly amazing. I truly believe that a lot of what has gone on in the Lexus enthusiast community, NorCal set the pace. The sacrifices you guys have made and the time and efforts you have put into the meets is truly amazing seeing all that you guys have going on in your lives. One only has to look at the attendance at the meets over the last three meets to see the success you created. All of you have put your hearts into the each meet, and to those that will try to follow, they will indeed have big shoes to fill.

It has been my pleasure to come to meet and know most of you..some more than others. It's nice to see that we regard each other more as "extended family" that just people with a common interest.

Great write-up Henry.

Awesome job guys!!!
Old 08-03-06, 04:02 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been in SoCal for almost a year and I still miss you guys.
Old 08-03-06, 04:20 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

ahhh .. disbanding?! just when I started to become active..... boohooo =[

thanks for the TINY memories everyone! =)
Old 08-03-06, 04:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Wonderful writeup Henry. Although I've never been on the west coast at a time when I could participate in them, I've always watched these massive meets with great interest from afar via the pictures and post-meet writeups.

Thanks to all of you that make these things happen - truly creates the core of our Lexus community.
Old 08-03-06, 05:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Wonderful writeup Henry. Although I've never been on the west coast at a time when I could participate in them, I've always watched these massive meets with great interest from afar via the pictures and post-meet writeups.

Thanks to all of you that make these things happen - truly creates the core of our Lexus community.
getting feedback from you guys over in the east is definitely a big honor for us. and you guys are definitely in our long thank you list as well! without help from some of you, we couldn't have come close to what we have done!

oh and david, well, now it's your turn right?
Old 08-03-06, 05:20 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
oh and david, well, now it's your turn right?
Old 08-03-06, 10:28 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Big Thanks To The Original Core Group!!!!!

All the signs where there. I saw the flier for EOS v5 and still I refused to believe. But now with the announcement. This is bitter sweet. All I can say is a BIG THANKS. I've enjoyed all the meets, I've made a few good friends.
I remember sitting in front of the computer at home recovering from my motorcycle accident back in 2004. That is when I discovered CL. Went to my first meet, which ironically was EOSv3. I've been hooked ever since. I've had my car since '98. I regret not discovering CL sooner.
With you core guys leaving, there definately are some BIG shoes to fill.
How are we gonna top this next year?
Thanks for the memories,
-Will
Old 08-03-06, 10:59 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Henry very well said. Through the years and going to the meets I've made friends with a lot of very nice and cool people. Some of the jokes and things said were just too funny. From the SF cruise where it was breathtaking to EOSV3 where I met up with an old friend. The core members and others not only have put together great meets, but to some of are an extended family. Always there to lend a helping hand and there to also give advice and hear ya out when things need to be said.

For those that were there during the SF Cruise, to see Jawnthen strapped to this camera rig he made for this truck was crazy and yet, everything turned out great. The length of time and detail they put into these meets behind and during is just amazing. Thank you for so many wonderful meets and gatherings, the friendships and all the food outings.
Old 08-03-06, 11:17 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Time to add my $0.02 in.

Thank you core group for breaking ground on a group of Lexus enthusiasts which later made friendships and quickly turned into an extended family. Despite the fact that I live away from NorCal, every mile racked on trips up have been totally worth it. You guys make us SoCal guys feel at home when we are there. I definitely have gained a close bond with everyone in the NorCal group almost making it seem like there is no physical distance between us. This is a huge reason why I don't hesitate to make the drive up whenever possible. I'm very grateful and fortunate to associate with a hospitable group of people that share the same common passion. I am always happy to help and assist my NorCal comrades.

Quick Reply: EOS5 The Last Dance -- History and Meaning Behind (Annoucement)