Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

IS Meet In SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-06, 11:56 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why? What for? HaHaHa.....you're very funny.....

I could call them in advance and their employees can come out to reserve a section in their parking lot for us that says, "Lexus Parking Only".

And the next location we end up, they'll do the same thing too. J/K

Unless it's a really well organized meet involving a particular sponsored vendor/public establishment, we will notify them in advance provided that they have adequate space to accomadate a large group. Then, there will be a demonstration from sponsored vendor/activity/raffle/etc. during the meet. This could last between 2-4 hours depending on the type of activity or event being held at the local vicinity.

Otherwise, a mini-meet such as this one, where we don't overstay and park there for a long period of time, there is no need to contact Starbucks in advance or anything other location we may end up at. Unless we plan to be "sittin' pretty" in front of Starbucks for 4 hours or more and more cars show up later in the day, then it would make sense to let them know and get their permission ahead of time. But in our case, "Why bother?" Don't get me wrong, this is an organized meet, but not to the fullest extent that we go all out and stick w/ the agenda because "sh-- happens" and we will have to wing it and go w/ the flow. Not all plans go the way we want them to go so we'll just have to improvise if anything comes up unexpectedly.

The agenda of the mini-meet or cruise meet is simple:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. park. get coffee (optional)
2. meet and greet. stare at the rides. B.S./gossip (usually takes about 20 min)
3. we roll or "bounce" out of there
4. do the designated cruise route mentioned at the beginning of this thread. (about 1 hour)
***in between we may stop at any location for a photo op for group pics***
5. reached final destination. done. say our "Goodbye's", "Adios", "C'Ya at the next one".
6. Or if anyone else or others want to continue elsewhere or have lunch/dinner, more power to them. (optional)

May I ask? Have you been any of the CL meets before? Whether it be BOS, EOS, mini or cruise meets?

If you haven't been to BOS or EOS or any of the sponsored meets (e.g. Custom Alignment, Wheel Techniques, Dyno Day), then those are the really well organized meets (w/ the advance notification/permission) following by extra-curricular activities such as Go-Karting, volleyball, vendor demonstrations on performance tuning, BBQ, etc.

If you haven't been to any of the mini-meets or cruise meets, then this cruise meet will provide you w/ an experience of what others have already experienced.

Does anyone else have any other questions regarding this meet? I'm all ears.

Is it just me, or am I getting tired of explaining the details of this meet for like the 4th or 5th time already when the details are clearly laid out in the first and second page of this thread.

Last edited by martini3; 07-29-06 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-29-06, 01:04 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mods - Please Close This Thread On Sat. 7/29 Anytime

I think I've provided more than enough info. for this Sunday's 2IS Cruise meet.

Anyone else not signed up after thread closure, just show up at the designated central location meeting place @ 10am sharp.

thanks...teeman3
Old 07-29-06, 09:24 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teeman3
I think I've provided more than enough info. for this Sunday's 2IS Cruise meet.

Anyone else not signed up after thread closure, just show up at the designated central location meeting place @ 10am sharp.

thanks...teeman3
I also want to remind the EastBay caravan crew that we are meeting at 9:30am sharp! we'll be leaving at 9:40am!

Tee - I will give you a ring if we'll be running late.

David

Last edited by imaputz; 07-29-06 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-29-06, 12:27 PM
chubbymike
Driver

As teeman pointed out, sometimes our plans don't work out. I wanted to do a recon. run this week, but didn't get a chance to. I ran this route back in May?...forgot already. so I don't know whether there's any road construction or problems. so just keep that in mind. and i'll see y'all tomorrow.

chubbymike
Old 07-29-06, 10:32 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by teeman3
Why? What for? HaHaHa.....you're very funny.....

I could call them in advance and their employees can come out to reserve a section in their parking lot for us that says, "Lexus Parking Only".

And the next location we end up, they'll do the same thing too. J/K

Not Funny!

If I am the owner of the shop, I would feel much better knowing a band of people on internet talking about meeting at my location; and yes, I am new to the group and it is my first meet.

13+ similar Lex at same location is not typical in any normal day, and I just think it would be polite to do so.
Old 07-30-06, 12:38 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

woo a couple more hours to go...too bad my Nav broke
Old 07-30-06, 08:23 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OMG! I cant beleive I overslept. There's no way I can make it from Sac to PA in 90 minutes. I was lookin forward to this too
Old 07-30-06, 08:26 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

drive fast!!
Old 07-30-06, 08:45 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

unfortunately I live in Roseville which is even further north of Sacramento. It takes me 80minutes just from my house to my office in Concord. I cant beleive this, after all the time I spent detailing my car yesterday
Old 07-30-06, 09:12 AM
buhda
Driver School Candidate

Sorry guys, not gonna be able to make it. Something came up last minute and I won't be able to make it in time
Old 07-30-06, 09:17 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Alright Tee. Im on my way!

----------------
2IS SIGNUP
----------------
1. wolverine
2. imaputz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic
5. buhda (50/50)
6. ldynred
7. menech
8. optical_X
9. theEnd
10. jacattack (50/50)
11. sashax415
12. velvetbliue
13. josephdoc

------------------------
NON-2IS SIGNUP
------------------------
1. Teeman, Host
2. JYGS430
3. madness
4. LiqrSicc
5.JspecSC3
Old 07-30-06, 10:54 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LiqrSicc
unfortunately I live in Roseville which is even further north of Sacramento. It takes me 80minutes just from my house to my office in Concord. I cant beleive this, after all the time I spent detailing my car yesterday
You commute from Roseville everyday to Concord?? Dude, if I ever see you in Concord, Im definitely buying you that starbucks!!!
Old 07-30-06, 12:28 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

hope you guys are having fun out there! I will join next time. This time, i gotta study for stupid MCAT.
Old 07-30-06, 02:09 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

SIGH~~~ Not much fun in my first meet with everyone!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=230261

I mean no offens in what I said... It is only my feeling and opinion. Hope our group do better next time!
Old 08-01-06, 11:32 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by markgs4
You commute from Roseville everyday to Concord?? Dude, if I ever see you in Concord, Im definitely buying you that starbucks!!!
I actually just end up sleeping in the office twice a week and take fri-sun off. The drive is only about 1:20 from my house to the office but it gets kinda tiring. Actually its the $150 avg I spend on gas a week is what kills me. I cant really complain because the pay is good though. I'm not that familiar with the area but lemme know beforehand if you're gonna be around here. Starbucks is like 2 blocks away from me.