Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

IS Meet In SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-06, 08:09 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flipsonic,

got 2 more for ya. can you add this to your first page 1. thanks. teeman3

----------------
2IS SIGNUP
----------------
1. wolverine
2. imaputz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic (50/50)
5. buhda (50/50)
6. ldynred
7. menech
8. optical_X

Am I the only non-2IS attending this meet? C'mon, there's got to be other gen. IS's, GS's, ES's, SC's, LS's interested? It'll be funnnnnnnnn.................

JspecSC3, This is a great opportunity to continue where we left off at the end of BOS when we took that Calaveras Blvd. cruise route w/ the Matrix and toyota club.

BC_GS430, That's cool.......I'll see you at EOS.

Last edited by martini3; 07-20-06 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-20-06, 08:24 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tee,

I don't think I can make it, I fly back in town on the 30th. Otherwise I'd go.

Ron
Old 07-20-06, 09:38 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by teeman3
Am I the only non-2IS attending this meet? C'mon, there's got to be other gen. IS's, GS's, ES's, SC's, LS's interested? It'll be funnnnnnnnn.................

yea i dont wanna see the same cars.... i see enough 2IS's everyday lol
Old 07-20-06, 11:13 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by teeman3

Hey Tee,
I thought this was mainly for IS's, I think I'm free that day, so I guess I could be another non-2IS (and only GS?). Oh, your post #46 must be a typo...you had 7/24, but it is 7/30 right?
Old 07-21-06, 09:54 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

it's Sunday, 7/30. Thanks for the correction.

The meet is primarily focused on 2IS. However, anyone else can join but when there will be photo ops along the way and only 2IS will be grouped together.

Please join us for a nice and short fun filled cruise ride w/ winding and twisty local backroads.

----------------
2IS SIGNUP
----------------
1. wolverine
2. imaputz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic (50/50)
5. buhda (50/50)
6. ldynred
7. menech
8. optical_X

------------
NON-2IS
------------
1. Yours Truly, The Host
2. JYGS430

Last edited by martini3; 07-21-06 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-21-06, 10:41 AM
menech
Lead Lap

Was wondering where you've been! The car is going to get even more expensive. Alot of aftermarket parts haven't even come out yet. Ask anyone with a 2nd Gen GS how much they've spent so far...
heh, well I feel like i'm copying your car too much so had to change some orders around lol canceled the LMS (even after they said they fixed the fitment issues) and gonna see what else pops out. Plus 1200 bucks for 9-10HP isn't sitting too well with me. Did order the wheels though :P but that is 4-6 weeks out. HIDs finally shipping so maybe I'll get motivated enough to install them before 7/30...hmm what else? Oh haven't been to painter yet, and no clear bra yet lol...man I suck lol I need to clone myself at work so I can have fun with car :P

good news is been driving fast alot, and made it back up to the track with some work friends which was fun! Gonna have to plan another one of those in a few more months after the temps cool off a bit.

see you guys next weekend!
Old 07-23-06, 12:33 AM
madness
Pole Position

I might make it out with you guys with my poor lil IS that could.
Old 07-23-06, 02:31 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by madness
I might make it out with you guys with my poor lil IS that could.
nice manny

----------------
2IS SIGNUP
----------------
1. wolverine
2. imaputz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic (50/50)
5. buhda (50/50)
6. ldynred
7. menech
8. optical_X
------------
NON-2IS
------------
1. Teeman, Host
2. JYGS430
3. madness
Old 07-23-06, 07:49 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

This is going to be a very nice group cruise next Sunday, 7/30. You will be able to capture some nice photos of your ride and the group's rides in the background when a photo-op should occur at any particular spot during the cruise.

Forecast for next Sunday's Cruise --> mid 80's (Thank God)
Pls bring your digi cameras.
Pls bring your walkie talkies (if you have one or two)

What is a Cruise Meet?
-------------------------------
It's a meet where folks show up and do the greet and meet thing.
Then, we go on a scenic drive where you're able to take your car out and drive to enjoy the backroads in a specific area. There will be pit stops for breaks and pics. This will be a nice and short cruise meet unlike our annual March Cruise meets that we've held in the past 3 years.

2004 1st Annual Cruise Meet
----------------------------------------
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=cruise+meet
Highlights: Video shoot rolling across San Mateo Bridge. Entered "The City" winding thru the streets of SF, Presidio and group photo at Vista Point (Golden Gate Bridge). CHP rolled in w/ Tow Truck and we immediately scattered like ants. Re-grouped and finished the end of the day along Pacifica and had dinner at Chevy's.

2005 2nd Annual Cruise Meet
-----------------------------------------
Highlights: Met at Skyline College (Daly City) overlooking the Pacific Ocean and started the cruise on Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) thru breaktaking and majestic views of the ocean, cliffs, redwoods and natural beauty of NorCal. Group photos at Half Moon Bay. Suddenly, a 1st Gen. IS bumper falls off at 90+mph along highway 1. The convoy stopped on the side of highway 1 as another CL member goes back to retrieve the missing bumper. We continued along Highway 1 entering Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Eveyone dispersed and enjoyed themselves at the boadwalk amusement park.

2006 3rd Annual Cruise Meet
-----------------------------------------
Highlights: Met at Serramonte and proceeded to meet the others in Hercules. LYDNRED (TAMR_GUS98's other half) brought sweets for us to enjoy before we started our journey into wine country on Highway 80. Entering V. Sattui winery (St. Helena) where we parked our cars, group photos and had lunch outside at the picnic tables enjoyed local wine, cheese and breads.
The Napa Valley Wine Train rolled up as we waved to the folks inside the train cabins sipping on their wine. We left V. Sattui winery and rolled thru a little town called "St. Helena" and took pictures at their high shool. After that we proceeded to drive the backroads of Napa Valley and stopped at several other wineries for group photos. I got stuck in the mud and 5 members + 2 kids had to push me out of the soot. Ironically, a CL member who didn't have his Lex with him was leading the pack w/ his Porsche Boxter the entire cruise. We ended up in San Mateo for dinner and cocktails afterwards.

If you haven't experienced a "cruise meet" before, next Sunday's Cruise meet 7/30 will give you a taste of what's to come for next year's (2007) 4th Annual Cruise Meet.

=============================================
FREE......FREE.......FREE......
1st Annual 2IS Cruise Meet (Sunday, 7/30 @ 10am-noon)
=============================================
Crispy Creme Donuts (or something similar less fattening)
Starbucks house coffee or you can buy your own fav. Starbucks latte or frappucino.
CL sticker (black or white color)

thanks...teeman3

Last edited by martini3; 07-24-06 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-23-06, 11:59 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

i saw those pics of your car being stuck in mud tee... hahaaa... hilarious! =)
Old 07-24-06, 05:10 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can an RX300 go? I live in Sac but I'm willing to drive down just to for the love. All depends if my springs come in sometime this week. I dont want to be left behind on all the turns and winding roads.
Old 07-24-06, 05:51 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

LiqrSicc, your more then welcome to join! It's open to all CL members!

Originally Posted by LiqrSicc
Can an RX300 go? I live in Sac but I'm willing to drive down just to for the love. All depends if my springs come in sometime this week. I dont want to be left behind on all the turns and winding roads.
Old 07-24-06, 09:55 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

LiqrSicc, Pls do join us. All CL members are welcome regardless of model car, stock or not. Don't worry, I'll be floating behind the pack and bringing up the rear so I think you won't be the only one lagging along. I'm sure we wil take our time so that no one is left behind.
Old 07-24-06, 11:52 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Looks like it's going to be a good crowd. i think i'd better wash my car for the photos.

see you guys this sunday. hope the directions are clear.
Old 07-25-06, 12:16 AM
madness
Pole Position

Looking forward to seeing you dave. Damn why has it been so hot? I can't detail my car. It needs a full detail. I need to Wash, Clay, Polish (remove swirls), Sealant and probably a carnuba. Eh hopefully it will cool down soon, so I can have that show car finish again. My car looks like crap right now two weeks drivin from south bay to SF. Oh well see you guys soon. Can't wait.

You 350 drivers slow down for us non 350 drivers. We all don't have 306hp at our disposal ahemm menech, we all can't corner like you. HAHAHAHAH

Originally Posted by imaputz
nice manny

----------------
2IS SIGNUP
----------------
1. wolverine
2. imaputz
3. chubbymike
4. flipsonic (50/50)
5. buhda (50/50)
6. ldynred
7. menech