Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

*** Offiicial BOS 2006 Event Coverage ***

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-06, 09:29 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** Offiicial BOS 2006 Event Coverage ***

Glen,
You and your crew deserve recognition for a job well done a big thank-you for your efforts in arranging the BOS event. It's easy to forget how much time and energy goes into the execution of a project like this. I know a great time was had by all who attended and everyone appreciates all the work you all put into making it happen. Thanks to everyone who made it such a fun event.
Old 06-17-06, 09:41 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DetMich1
Glen,
You and your crew deserve recognition for a job well done a big thank-you for your efforts in arranging the BOS event. It's easy to forget how much time and energy goes into the execution of a project like this. I know a great time was had by all who attended and everyone appreciates all the work you all put into making it happen. Thanks to everyone who made it such a fun event.
Definitely! It was nice meeting you and your daughter today. I enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Lookig forward to EOS!

//
Old 06-17-06, 09:46 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

yah... a big big turn out.... very nicely done glen and co.

im glad to have met more peeps! can't wait for the next mass lexodus =)!
Old 06-17-06, 09:52 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

I agree! What a great way to kick off the summer meets. The turnout was excellent. I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing alot of familiar faces. The activities and raffles were a great touch. I truly enjoyed this one. Now I must look forward to what Glen might have in store for the EOS gathering.
Old 06-17-06, 10:30 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

It was nice meeting you and your daughter today. Thanks for coming down from Sac and joining out little convoy today.
Old 06-17-06, 10:50 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RMMGS4 is a mastermind. He is a truly dedicated family man, a car handyman, a car guru/fanatic and a top-notch organizer who can pull something like this event off w/out any issues.

Even though NorCal had a heat wave this weekend, it did not discourage anyone from attending today's back to back BOS and LeMans Go-kart meets.

We have a great up and coming new breed of CL newbies and as well as the wisdom of the veterans (you know who you are).

This time at Custom Alignment, I actually paid attention and learned alot from Joe (Custom Alignment) who was giving the tutuorial and demos on mount/balance and alignment of our cars. The equip. in this place alone is top of the line and they cannot settle anything for less when it comes down to getting the job done right for their customers' rides.

The caravan was CRAZZZZZZY! I didn't even see the video person that was supposed to take the video or pics of the caravan. Of course, as always, I was in the back following someone else. we did make it to LeMan's Go Karting palace and this place was huge.

All I heard was Jeff (from the Matrix club) playing MC and his jokes/comments were so funny.

This was truly a Toyota/Lexus appreciation meet where the CL crew showed up in force and there were the nicely modded Matrixs', Corollas, Xrunners, Solaras, MR2's, SCION's and a few of those rare Supras'.

Rolo (CL) won the go-karting race and took home the covenant trophy.
He's got 364 days to rest before he defends his title again. hehehe....

It's great to bring this kind of variation of cars together and feel the love and admiration in the air.

I met up w/ several CL members for a post-meet cocktail/dinner in Alviso later in the day.
A CL member w/ an SC3/4 came later and said, "my carbon fiber hood flew off, did a 360 flip, hit the trunk and landed on the side of the freeway". I was like, "Holy cow", I gotta see this.
We all took a look at this and it wasn't pretty. He managed to duct tape the carbon fiber hood down and it was evident that the trunk needed extensive repairs. Luckily, no else got hit by the flying carbon fiber hood and there was another CL member just right behind him. They were driving to join dinner and it just happened before they got there. Talk about, "It's your lucky day that no one else was affected by that incident".

Last year at the annual cruise meet, it was the flying bumper from an IS300. Now this year at BOS, it's the flying cabon fiber hood from an SC3/4. What's next year's gonna be?

Thanks to all who made this BOS a successful event, especially the "mastermind" of NorCal.

P.S. If you don't have a CL sticker yet, you better come see me at EOS or ask for me cause these are like hot-cakes, going, going, going........soon to be GONE. Forever. I must have handed out 7 today. Don't worry, I have more saved up and if I say that you will get one, you will.

Last edited by martini3; 06-17-06 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-17-06, 10:59 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree! Glen & Co did an awesome job! It was my first Lexus meet and certainly won't be my last. It took me 9 hours to get to Nor Cal but it was well worth it since everyone that I met today was so friendly and helpful. I'm definitely looking foward to EOS and meeting you Nor Cal folks again.
Old 06-17-06, 11:09 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
I agree! Glen & Co did an awesome job! It was my first Lexus meet and certainly won't be my last. It took me 9 hours to get to Nor Cal but it was well worth it since everyone that I met today was so friendly and helpful. I'm definitely looking foward to EOS and meeting you Nor Cal folks again.
nice meeting u! u know u like my sn... trade you?

thanks for coming up! hope u get the key fob working
Old 06-17-06, 11:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by imaputz
yah... a big big turn out.... very nicely done glen and co.

im glad to have met more peeps! can't wait for the next mass lexodus =)!
yup, as usual, very good stuff. very hot but very very nice turnout. i can only imagine how big this yr's EOS is going to be... it's going to be a lot of fun!

and definitely nice to be able to sit down and talked to so many of you. new and old faces. sometimes it's nice when you are not one of the core organizers, you get to rest, lol...

oh you are from socal?! that means we should meet in LA as well!!!! but how come 9 hours? with your car you should be able to do it much faster

and you guys are good...... i left at 3 something and i almost flipped out when i got home.... so tired from all the standing and walking already. i guess i am getting really old for this @_@
Old 06-17-06, 11:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

btw, this is just for you!!!!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...91#post1960291
Old 06-18-06, 12:07 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey henry, you weren't the only one. i crashed right when i got home. i think it was the heat, i'm not a fan of the hot weather. first time karting for me and dad (i beat him ) was fun, i think we're definitely good to go again at EOS or sometime before that.
Old 06-18-06, 01:28 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Default *** Offiial BOS 2006 Event Coverage ***

First off, great job to the 3 main clubs involved:

- Bay Area Matrix
- Club Lexus
- Toyota Club

Jeff, you did a fantastic job on the mic, as-well-as organizing such a successful event! Thanks to all the Vendors that came and showed support. For everyone behind the scenes, rest easy now... u all did a great job!

For those that dunno me, I was the freak running around in the heat taking pictures of almost every car. Was fun... try shooting a Good-Guys event... (6,000 cars, Friday ~ Sunday, 100+ degrees) But that's another story, another day.

Thanks to everyone that came and supported ur local clubs. I think this year's BOS was highly successful and quite entertaining. Nice to see many new faces along with all the old. See you all in a year!

ALL EVENT IMAGES

----- BOS 2006 Event -----

Last edited by solo; 06-18-06 at 01:58 AM.
Old 06-18-06, 01:30 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Last edited by solo; 06-18-06 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-18-06, 01:32 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Last edited by solo; 06-18-06 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-18-06, 01:34 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Quick Reply: *** Offiicial BOS 2006 Event Coverage ***